*IN PROGRESS* PF Angel Human Head Mod.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowswarlok

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey All

Since the PF Angel Statue was released, not many people have been pleased with the Human Head sculpt. ( i could suffer it, but its been playing on me for a while)

The Vampire one is beautifully sculpted, but the human one had too many forehead wrinkles.

So, i made a 2 Part Silicone Mould, then cast the head in Fast Cast Resin (great stuff!)

Then i dremeled down his hair, not too much, but enough so i could sculpt new hair.

The main problem with his head is that the hair is to flat and too wide, which makes him look wider in the face, therefore- older, like Angel Season 5.

I wanted a younger looking, sexy, Buffy Season 1-2 Angel- Slender face, high, spikey hair.

So i smoothed out the wrinkles on his head and have started to sculpt his hair. its still in the rough stages, and will most likely change- alot.

but as you can see from the photos, the higher, triangle shaped hair has already made him look younger and slender!

What do you all think?

Wayne

angelprogress.jpg

thanks The Mike
TOE, im just basing it on several images, i want his traditional early Bufy hairstyle, you know, large top and sides.
Heres a few pics, forgive the quality of the print outs, my printer sucks :p
Wayne

DSCF3288.jpg

DSCF3290.jpg

Capturing Angel at his finest! I've always wanted them to release an Angel that looked like he did on Buffy.

VERY NICE! I was thinking of attempting that very same thing if I ever got my hands on an Angel PF. You are doing outstanding work bro, can't wait to see the final results. :rock

That really looks good for what you have done so far. Great likeness to Angel. :) :rock Can't wait to see this one finished.

That's freakin amazing. I have been wanting to see a scult of an early Angel, buffy season 1-2. So yes, very nice!

I hate to drag up something that I'm sure still makes many of us cringe, but I really want to add my thoughts to this.

I truly regret dropping out for so long, as I would have gladly stepped up to support Wayne’s work in the closed thread with the insulting subject line (which, btw, leaving the thread is one thing, but why was the subject line left like that?). It was so nice to see him in this forum, sharing his 12” mods and custom sculptures. He is a very talented guy, with lots of projects like the Angel PF mod and smiling David sculpt that truly belong here where many of us were following them with interest. I think the mods leaving up the thread as long as they did with the intention of letting other Whedon fans get a look at the statue, in spite of the reason the trolling non-fans brought it here in the first place to whoop it up and act like 10 year olds, misses the point that Wayne deliberately didn’t post it here, and with good reason--knowing full well that that piece might not be well received in a forum frequented by adolescent and barely post-adolescent boys and would make him a target of ridicule and bashing. Ironically, I would imagine it’s for a similar reason he didn’t post his Willow-Tara bed scene here, either, though that probably would’ve gotten a chorus of woohoos from the same demographic! I don’t post my LEGO mods or fanfic here, and I’d be pissed as hell if someone dragged it in here without my consent, especially with an abusive subject line like that.

Wayne, best of luck to you in your projects. I don’t normally visit the Profigs board since I don't collect the 8" scale and have other interests than Buffy and Angel, but I’ll try to make a point of hitting that board to see your progress. I am particularly interested in this Angel PF mod, as I think that is truly the only flaw in an otherwise excellent PF.

Binky

Last edited:
I thought it was time I chimed in :D

First off. Thanks everyone who has been really nice and supportive, and people who have taken time to PM and email me.

I do want to continue posting my work here. That piece got a bad reception. Some people just dont have appreciation for art. But someone pointed out. Most of the guys who built that thread up, havent posted much in the Whedonville Section- at all. They didnt like what they saw and they reacted like children. But why should that discourage me from sharing my work with other talented people like yourselves?

Thanks everyone for "bumping" my previous work. It really did show that my work is welcome here :D

As for this and the Smiling David Boreanaz Head Sculpt. They will still happen.

Smiling David, i want to work on his just a little bit more. His eyes and teeth. And i will ofcourse offer casts.

PF Angel will be done, im just swamped with commissions and college work, and i dont want to rush this, because David Boreanaz/ Angel deserves perfection ;) Hes the center piece of my collection, so it needs to look good.

Also, ive decided to go ahead and redo his clothing....myself. Im gonna give him leather pants/ trousers, either red 2 tone shirt or black silk shirt. AND, im gonna make his jacket. Using the 12" Becoming Angel jacket as a pattern :p

Ive also been thinking about making some custom PF Buffys? Maybe OMWF, Chosen, Gift, Welcome to the Hellmouth. Ofcourse this would involve making moulds of each part of the Buffy PF, but it would be worth it.

Ill keep everyone updated, and thanks for the support (especially you Sue :arwen)

Wayne

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Welcome back love! I'm so pleased to hear that the few childish idiots didn't drive you away for good. Please keep us updated with post of your various WIP as we're always keen to see them.

:D

I'm so happy to see you back as well!! I have enjoyed looking at all your projects and can't wait to see what you have to show us in the future!! Still waiting to see how that awesome Zoe you were working on comes out!!

Back