I've had to cancel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The real Bullseye

After ordering the Predator Maquette and long deliberations i've decided to cancel a number of the upcoming LoTR releases including:
Lady G
Pippin
Mumak
PJ

I figure since i don't have any of the other hobits whats the point in keeping Pippin. The others i just won't miss. The Mumak was a dissappointment. SS are producing awesome stuff in the Marvel line and i think they will be seeing more of my dollars.

And with those cancellations, you can probably also afford an Alien Queen bust!

I really like the look of that predator statue though... That's a great decision, branching out like that.

I may get a predator item but it's not likely. I'm far more of an Alien fan than a predator fan (even though I do very much like predator movies).

One thing to do is just not order anything to begin with. This way the edition size won't be necess.. oh who am I kidding. The edition sizes will always be high.

Lets go, LE 20,000 PJ as corsair!

Oh Bullseye, by the way! Looking at that Predator maquette again, I really think I may order it. That's if I sell off a whole lot more of my Lord of the Rings items.

but I don't know for certain. I'm happy with what I have, plus I'll get a 1/4 scale connery SOMEDAY.

good decision... as none of those piece you cancelled look like anything special...

I cancelled my

GOTHMOG ON WARG STATUE
BATTLE TROLL STATUE

Thought about cancelling Pippin and King of the Dead but thought they were probably gonna look cool, and I cannot bring myself to cancel the Galadriel statue after being one of those desperate to have her and she's looking like the best Female statue SSW have done, although have yet to see Eowyn as Dernhelm in flesh, should arrive any day now!

Well, it always makes sense to cancel stuff you really don't want. Even if the pieces you are giving the axe to are really nice stuff. Why keep 4-5 things around you don't want when you can go after 1 big thing you do want?

I've cancelled just about everything LOTR except the helms and of course Sauron...I can't bring myself to drop the $ for the pieces I really want and not many of the new ones do much to excite me. Also, my mind and wallet have moved on to the Star Wars line, don't get me wrong I am still and always will be LOTR fan and I intend to continue to collect these pieces if the right opportunities present themselves.

I've cancelled the V-Rex v. Kong statue, the Star Wars Dressing a Galaxy book, and Gothmog on Warg recently. I'll pick up Gothmog on Ebay for dirt cheap later. I've also got a few items that I've received recently that I'm not very pleased with, and these will be put up on Ebay in a few weeks when I get back from Europe.

Well I added up all my pre-orders and added VAT and it came to a staggering $9165! (+ shipping)

I've just cancelled a load of stuff.

good decision... as none of those piece you cancelled look like anything special...
I agree completely. I do like the Mumak, however.

I guess that depends from person to person don't ya think? You all may not like them but others may think they are something special.

However, many things I have on order will be worth much more than I paid for them when I receive them. For example, I paid $525 for my Luke EE 3 weeks ago, and decided I couldn't afford it. I sold it on Ebay for $1,400 (It just so happend to be #6/1000). Not bad.

So profitering and the value are the most important parts of collecting then for you then Elwood?

So profitering and the value are the most important parts of collecting then for you then Elwood?:dunno

What the hell are you talking about? I guess you'll sell me your Cave Troll for $300 then. What should I have done send it back to MR for $525, or sell it for $1,400.:lol Josh, you have stated repeatedly that you have bought 2 items with the intention of sell.

Look how many damn members are selling multiples in the For Sale area. One of the old Mods is selling nearly an entire collection. I guess you sold your Gondorian Helms and Minas Morgul for retail a few weeks ago, then. You're such a hypocrite.

How about when you offered to sell me the SDCC Luke if I would give you a GG bust or a LOTR helm? I guess you don't collect for the love of the items either since you didn't sell it to me at cost. I'm really getting sick of crap like this and I think it's just about time for me to go to another board.

What the hell are you talking about? I guess you'll sell me your Cave Troll for $300 then. What should I have done send it back to MR for $525, or sell it for $1,400. Josh, you have stated repeatedly that you have bought 2 items with the intention of sell.

I'm just saying that statement you took out cause you must have thought it looked bad comes across that the $$$ side is a big deal. I'm not selling any of my stuff right now so the CT stays with me unless I have to sell stuf cause I'm in some financial hardship. You could have yeah and gotten your money back or check with board members to see if they might buy it from you. I have bought 2 of 4 items in the time I collected. 2 RWOS, 2 Saurons, and 2 ML. All these items went to people who missed out and I helped.

Look how many damn members are selling multiples in the For Sale area. One of the old Mods is selling nearly an entire collection. I guess you sold your Gondorian Helms and Minas Morgul for retail a few weeks ago, then. You're such a hypocrite.

Some people buy multiples if they are like me just out of college or in and they can collect things they love by doing this from time 2 time. Thats totally different than buying something then just turning around and cashing in off of it. Your financial position in life sets different paramaters on how you collect things. I had those on here willing to make a deal with board members for a week then I put them on ebay cause I didn't get any offers, and I was in a financial position where I had to sell. If I was a hypocrite I would have put them straight on ebay without offering them to board members at all.

How about when you offered to sell me the SDCC Luke if I would give you a GG bust or a LOTR helm? I guess you don't collect for the love of the items either since you didn't sell it to me at cost. I'm really getting sick of crap like this and I think it's just about time for me to go to another board.

Thats called a trade. I was getting something from you and you where giving me an item in exchange. Nobody can challange if I collect for the love of the items I think I've shown time and time again that I bleed LOTR and the love of these items.

Some people buy multiples if they are like me just out of college or in and they can collect things they love by doing this from time 2 time.

Dude, I'm just out of LAW SCHOOL. I'm only 25, and I graduated with about $50k in debt. I'm actually taking the Bar Exam on Monday as a matter of fact. I sell the items I don't want at a profit to keep the ones I do want. The EE saber paid for my MR AT-AT SE. I can't work this summer, because I study about 12 hours a day. I couldn't afford a lot of this stuff otherwise. I wouldn't worry about anything either if I lived with my parents, had no bills to pay, etc. I have my own house, with my own bills, and that sort of thing.

This is the FIRST time I've ever done this. Why is it OK for others to do it, but you blast me for doing it? I wanted to keep the saber, but all the orders shipped, and it wasn't possible. I still think you're a hypocrite.

There were TONS of people on the SW board lamenting how they wished they had bought 2 to sell when these came out, but I guess they're the bad guys, too?

Thats totally different than buying something then just turning around and cashing in off of it. Your financial position in life sets different paramaters on how you collect things.

Right, and my financial position now is that I need to sell high dollar items to afford other high dollar items. This position is obviously contrary to what you (and most people here?) think. I need to move on somewhere else that I feel more welcome.

When I saw the Predator maquette, I cancelled a few things because I did want the Predator. I think I cancelled BTvS Subway Spike, LOTR Mumak, X-Files Mulder "Home", X-Files Scully "Autopsy" (or whatever her 'doctor' outfit is from), and 1/4 scale Wolf Man. Seems like there was something else, but that's all I can recall at the moment. :dunno :\

I still have PJ as Corsair on order, but that may have to go as well. :x

Hey elwood...stick around (you're not likely find a better place than here..well apart from Off Topic :p ).

Josh just has that affect on people.

:lol

BTW.. the EE luke sabre's you speak...ohhh if only had a dozen...

:thud

Hey elwood...stick around (you're not likely find a better place than here..well apart from Off Topic

I know, I've met some absolutely fantastic people on this board. Too many to even name. I would be worried I'd forget someone if I tried. I guess I just feel that there are so many people on this board that do this exact thing, but it's like you can't speak about it or you get flamed.

It's not like I'm creating multiple accounts, and buying 10 exclusives. I bought ONE saber that happened to be an ultra low # that's very valuable. Kind of like opening a .45 saber and getting the gold variant. Actually, several board members have also sold theirs for high $$ amounts, but I won't tell you who they are. ;) I guess none of us love our collections then, right Josh?

BTW.. the EE luke sabre's you speak...ohhh if only had a dozen...

SCALPER!! :rollin

Dude, I'm just out of LAW SCHOOL. I'm only 25, and I graduated with about $50k in debt. I'm actually taking the Bar Exam on Monday as a matter of fact. I sell the items I don't want at a profit to keep the ones I do want. The EE saber paid for my MR AT-AT SE. I can't work this summer, because I study about 12 hours a day. I couldn't afford a lot of this stuff otherwise. I wouldn't worry about anything either if I lived with my parents, had no bills to pay, etc. I have my own house, with my own bills, and that sort of thing.

Why buy them in the first place though. Believe me I understand wanting to buy stuff to help out, but for me I just let the stuff go on by and grab the stuff I do want and can afford. Well, if you can't afford it then don't buy it. I want a Original Balrog really bad but I don't go out trying to buy one cause I can't afford it. As far as me living at home you and others like you act like I'm supposed to feel ashamed or keep my mouth shut cause I still live at home. You don't know what I pay for and what I don't. I love my family they are the most important thing to me, but I am very much looking forward to having a place of my own.

This is the FIRST time I've ever done this. Why is it OK for others to do it, but you blast me for doing it? I wanted to keep the saber, but all the orders shipped, and it wasn't possible. I still think you're a hypocrite.

I wasn't blasting you. Believe me if I wanted to blast ya for it I could have. Your in Europe right now correct? I bet that trip could have paid for a few statues. ;) You'd be about as wrong as you can get. Anydeal I've ever made has never been like that where I got 3x the what I paid for it. As a matter of facts its always been right on cost of what I paid.

There were TONS of people on the SW board lamenting how they wished they had bought 2 to sell when these came out, but I guess they're the bad guys, too?

I didn't say you where a bad guy did I? No, I didn't. I'm not saying people that buy 2 and sell 1 to help themselves out are bad guys. You did delete that paragraph out though cause even you knew it made you sound like all you cared about was the $$$ even if you don't.

Right, and my financial position now is that I need to sell high dollar items to afford other high dollar items. This position is obviously contrary to what you (and most people here?) think. I need to move on somewhere else that I feel more welcome.

No, I think you need to be a tad more picky on what you buy. Instead of trying to buy it all you need to decide what items are more important and save for them. Thats what I've done with my LOTR stuff. I don't think you need to leave the board, but if you feel this discussion has made you want to leave then I can't stop ya. Leaving a board because your views don't match another is silly. Hell, if that was the case I don't think 95% of this board would be here.

I guess none of us love our collections then, right Josh?

Selling items doesn't mean you love or don't love your collection. Its the manner in how you do it that shows if you do or not. How much you talk about making a buck or if this will rise and be worth a lot of money. Those kind of things show if you love your collection.

Anyways back on topic.

I've given the axe to several helms, weathertop, and BBF. Among having to purge some items from my collection to get myself back into a better financial position to get things I want. It sucks I hate having to axe some things but its allowing me to keep the items on order I really want.

Back