The reason why SS hasn't released armoured figure's yet.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chaver

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's what I posted over at RS on the "why has SS not released amrmoured figure's yet?" question.

Re: SSC: ANH Luke [Re: skoota73]
#3014979 - 01/15/08 02:25 PM Edit Reply Quote

skoota73 wrote:
so,... is it true that sideshow is trying to avoid droid/armour characters because they're afraid that the end result will not be as good as the rah?

could this explain why we're getting all humanoid figures not done well by rah?

Most likely so.I mean you don't go over two years without making a Vader or trooper of some kind in a StarWars 12" line if there wasn't a problem.They know their figure's are'nt going to be able to stand up to Medicoms glory,(they might get close),without raising the price.And they will raise the price.But they can't raise the price too much,because they have a cheap figure policy,and thats the main reason most collectors buy their figure's.Right now Sideshow's just trying their best to "figure" a way to make the armoured figure's without driving the price up.And that's the only reason why they haven't released armoured figure's yet.

Last edited:
Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

This topic is as old as the Buck body issue.

I think we all know by now that Vader will be much more than $60. Probably $75.99 at best ($79.99 is more likely).

I doubt that molding armor for cheap is a problem. Hasbro did it for $20.

Clearly, this line needed to reach a price point where it made financial sense to offer Vader/armored figs without slashing profit.

We're at $60 now. Stormtroopers could easily drive the price up to $70, maybe the exclusives will be like Han Bespin; an extra $5. Then, it's only a short jump to a $75-$80 Vader.

$5 this thread is gone by the day's end.

Seriously though, I think Sideshow's going for quality, solid armor like HT produces instead of slightly higher than Hasbro Medicom soft rubber armor. I'd love armored figures as sturdy as a Hot Toys Colonial Marine.

This topic is as old as the Buck body issue.

I think we all know by now that Vader will be much more than $60. Probably $75.99 at best ($79.99 is more likely).

I doubt that molding armor for cheap is a problem. Hasbro did it for $20.

Clearly, this line needed to reach a price point where it made financial sense to offer Vader/armored figs without slashing profit.

We're at $60 now. Stormtroopers could easily drive the price up to $70, maybe the exclusives will be like Han Bespin; an extra $5. Then, it's only a short jump to a $75-$80 Vader.

I agree with everything except the pricepoint on Vader. I think he'll be pushing $100, easy.

Back