Finaly Working on My Treebread Pose

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Psycho Cenobite

Hey,

I'm finaly working out the pose for my first statue - Treebeard.

I've done a few sketches but I'm starting to think the pose is a bit hard. It's an action pose! He's in motion, just about to throw a rock that he's holding in both hands.

I think it would be hard to get his body to look right as it will have to show movment and the weight of the swing.

I've got one leg forward and straight and the other is slightly back and bent. His body is twised towards the bent leg and that is were he's holding the rock.

I think his body needs to be leaning backwards a bit but I'm not sure how the body looks when you swing a heavey object from the side. I might have to get my mum to pose for me! :lol

I'm starting to think the action pose might be a bit to hard! :sick

Psycho Cenobite :bang

PS. I'm going to pick up the wire to make his frame today.

YOUR MAKING A T/B STATUE
JEEPERS
GOOD LUCK
I CANT EVEN DRAW A STICK MAN
:bonk

:clap
I wouldn't give up on the action pose Psycho ... if your going to do it , best to do it right !
Screen shots from the movie may help . Will likely undertake a sculpt myself . Maybe Ranger Faramir , possibly a Rosie Cotton as well . To scale with the SSW pieces of course . I've been fortunate to have my gift in the arts , and I used to sculpt not long ago .
What kind of material do you plan on using for your sculpt , apart from the wire you are picking up ?

I'm going to get some Super Sculpey. i had a thread about me doing this statue a few months back.

I'll try and scan in my sketches and show you the pose.

PC :ent

I've just finished the front and back sketches and I've started a more detailsed front.

It's hard to draw it in all angles but i think I've got the pose, so next step is the wire frame and then I can get a better idea of the 3D pose.

I'm quite happy with it now! :ar

Psycho C :evil

PS. I wish I could post my pictures... I think the only way I can post pictures is to take them on my camera phone and then email them to myself... :(

Here's a quick sketch of the pose (only front view). It's poor image as I had to do it on my camera phone:

treebeard10wx.jpg

I might rasie the two arms so the rock is a little higher.

I'm not gonig to draw to much detail as I'm more likely to do the detail as I'm working with the clay. I'll sort of make it up as I go but use reference images for detail.

Psycho Cenobite :balrog

Can't wait to see this one finished or even in-progress shots!

Careful lifting those arms too much or you risk covering some of his face. Gotta be able to see the beard, you know. :rock

Cheers mate. i should be able to start the wire frame next week - my last week of my holiday, after that things will be slow as I don't have much free time.

What do you think of the pose?

It's a bit hard to tell what it will look like from all angles but he's sort of standing side on but a bit twisted and looking towards his left shoulder.

I'm aimming to make him 35cm high... about the same hight as the Morgul Lord.

Psycho Cenobite :balrog

I like the pose PC, it looks great ! will you post 'in progress' pictures for us please because I bet this is gonna look awesome!

You guys are all inspiring me to make my own sculpture to go with my book. I'm very tempted.

Shell
x
:toast :gimli

yeah, i'll post progress photos. Things crossed I might have an almost finished wire & tin-foil frame by next Sunday.

But the clay part mgiht take some time. This is also my first ever sculpt, so I might take me while to get used to the tools, etc.

Glade you like it! :hat

Psycho C :balrog

Great action pose! Can't wait to see how this progresses.

And of course, you WILL be taking a mold from the finished statue, so you can mass-produce them for all of us, right? RIGHT??!?

;)

I might do a few casts and do a LE number of 10... :hat

I'll have to think about the price... oh, and I wont be selling the statue as that will probably brake a copyright law. So I'll sell the base and it comes with a 'free' Treebeard statue! ;) ;)

PC :balrog

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I'm going to get some Super Sculpey. i had a thread about me doing this statue a few months back.<hr></blockquote>

I remember your previous thread and I remember sending you an email with some stuff :)

I'm excited to hear about your exiting progress!

I'm working on an unannounced item at the moment, 'cept I have mentioned it to one person in a PM.

Can't wait to see more pix, Psycho Cenobite! :D

Damn, Treebeard looks ripped! That's a cool project. I always wanted a full body Treebeard. Good luck!

Great pose. It's a more subtle action pose which still allows you to see his face and a good view of his body. Very nice! :clap

It came to me last night what his pose looks like! :lol He looks like he's playing basket ball :lol

I'm now going to look for some basket ball fingures to see if I can get pre-pose and then work over the top.

I did strip down my 13" Get Smart figure last night (It's been under the bed ever since I won it!) and got him the right pose. Thing is he's too short! :(

I really want to make his as big as the Morgual Lord (about 35cm).

But what I might do is brake the legs off and work around them but extend the lenght. Then do the same to the arms. The chest wont work I don't think as i need more of a twist than what the Get smart figure will allow.

Psycho C :evil

PS. Thanks for the comments! :rock

Back