New info on NECA's Balrog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still unsure if I would get this or not but now that the SSW line is done I might just to get it and see if I like it.

I've been waiting for NECA's Balrog for 2 years.

I'll take 2, please, even at $80 a pop. With a 42" wingspan when unfurled, this baby's gonna look cool perched up on top the bookshelf.

If I put him on top of my bookshelf Nazgurl he will scare the Legolas and Gimli you sent me and my dad :)

Looks like there thinking of doing Sauron as well, wonder if they will sell a lot of them.

Freakin' Finally! :balrog I've been waitng too. :banana

050_thebalrogssword.jpg

Toybiz just released a Gandalf that's perfect as a companion of the Balrog too - he has a nice loud and clear "You shall not pass!" voice chip.

Yep. I'm saving Battle-Damaged Gandalf specifically for when this Balrog arrives. It's been a LONG wait - and since that article didn't say when, I assume we're still looking at 2006 for release.

balrog

Pretty Sweet for $80.
Bet the petrol (gas) bills are pretty high to keep them flames going though.

Not sure about batteries either, kind of think it should be the sort of thing you can pick up at toys 'r' us for ages 4 and above. One thing that put me of Barad dur.

Re: balrog

I thought this had already been released, but NO I was thinking of the metal ones.:bonk

From the article:
"...I don't think the market can bear more than 5,000 pieces of an $80 retail item."

He doesn't know us very well. :lol

"Another L.O.T.R. villain is likely to turn up in the "Epic Scale" line. 'Definitely a Ringwraith we've had in mind from the very beginning. Aside from how cool they look, it would such an awesome soundchip to have the shrieking and the 'Baggins!' and 'Shire!' (dialogue) and all that cool stuff. So, it's definitely one that's probably going to be the next one on our list to get to.' "

Cool. :rock

If it's quality is anything like the T800 endo they released recently (which I saw today for the first time), I'll pass. What of piece of plastic junk they made of that one....

Fantastic news. I'm definitely picking this one up. Have been waiting for the longest time. The big size is a plus, in my book. (or is that, "on my bookshelf...") :rock

hi guys,

i got this pic at the sdcc last year. i thought this would be very impressive esp. atop the perch of my bookshelf.

just wanted to share

Sounds like the Light feature could be cool if it works. Sounds like they could definately have some life in this line. Oh, and hound em till they DO make a Saruman! It would go great with their upcoming Gandalf!

Maybe they will wake up when they sell ALL 5000 of their Balrogs!!!!!:balrog

I have NECA Lego and Aragorn and think they are awesome. It looks very good for plastic! And the voice effects are good, scares the heck out of you though if you walk by and forget it is turned on.

I like what I have an will def get Balrog and Gandalf the Grey.

BTW, can anyone help me? I broke my Plastic Pedestal that Legolas' foot attaches to (I shattered the peg). Does NECA sell replacements? If nobody knows, I cannot find any Phone or email contact information for NECA. Please let me know if you can help me out. Thanks!

I ve been waiting that damm Balrog since Toybiz told that they will gonna "make it" 4 years waiting that Demon , glory. And a ringwraith :ted thats a good.

"While I love Legolas and Aragorn and Gandalf, we've done the three principal heroes and now it's time for the monsters..."

THE three principal heros? Th'heck happened to Frodo? Why is he always forgotten? pfffftttttt!!! >:

Back