Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Waller

Are you on the square?
Reaction score
Just a heads-up that Fox's new Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is premiering tonight. I've got my HD DVR set to record this. Anyone else going to be watching?

From Fox.com
At the end of "Terminator 2: Judgment Day," Sarah vanquished the Terminator sent from the future to kill her teenage son, John. Sarah and John now find themselves alone in a very dangerous, complicated world. Fugitives from the law, they are confronted with the reality that still more enemies from the future, and the present, could attack at any moment.

TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES reveals what happens when SARAH (Lena Headey) stops running and goes on the offensive against an ever-evolving technological enemy bent on destroying her life, and perhaps the world. Her son, 15-year-old JOHN CONNOR (Thomas Dekker), knows that he may be the future savior of mankind, but is not yet ready to take on the mantle of leadership that he's told is his destiny. John finds himself inextricably drawn to CAMERON (Summer Glau), an enigmatic and otherworldly student at his high school, who soon proves to be much more than his confidante - she assumes the role of Sarah and John's fearless protector. On their trail are not only threats from the future, but an intelligent and tough FBI agent, JAMES ELLISON (Richard T.Jones), who soon becomes a powerful ally.

TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES represents an exciting reinvention of the "Terminator" franchise, in which the strong and intrepid Sarah discovers that protecting her son and stopping the rise of the machines is more difficult than she had ever imagined.

I plan on watching it, but have very low expectations. Also, on one of the commercials I saw the Endoskeleton looked really cheaply done... kind of a bad CGI. I was hoping it was a WIP kind of thing, but hard to tell.

Also, I think there is a languishing thread on this show in the Aliens and Robots section.

I plan on watching it, but have very low expectations. Also, on one of the commercials I saw the Endoskeleton looked really cheaply done... kind of a bad CGI. I was hoping it was a WIP kind of thing, but hard to tell.

Also, I think there is a languishing thread on this show in the Aliens and Robots section.

Fear not Galactiboy. Entertainment weekly gave this a great review. I am looking forward to it. To bad FX is not HD in my area yet. :rolleyes:

Will watch with low expectations as well. This show screws up what continuity there was between T2 and T3.

Will watch with low expectations as well. This show screws up what continuity there was between T2 and T3.

Just seperate the movies from the show. Heck, when it's all said and done, this show will be cancelled and become a long after thought of what may even end up becoming forgettable.

Or simply don't watch it. I don't watch TV and get by quite well.

Terminators? Check.

Summer Glau Hotness? Check.

Queen Golga from "300" as Sarah Conner? Check.

Zach from "Heroes" as John Conner? Check.

How can I not watch it?

Hell, that's a good thing imo. The less connection with T3 the better. I'll be watching it as if T3 never existed.

Just seperate the movies from the show. Heck, when it's all said and done, this show will be cancelled and become a long after thought of what may even end up becoming forgettable.

Or simply don't watch it. I don't watch TV and get by quite well.

To that, I add this fitting quote from Family Guy.

Peter: Well unfortuantely Lois, there's just no more room on the schedule. We just gotta accept the fact that FOX has to make room for terrific shows like Dark Angel, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80's Show, Wonder Falls, Fast Lane, Andy Richter Controls The Universe, Skin, Girl's Club, Cracking Up, The Pitts, Firefly, Get Real, Freaky Links, Wanda At Large, Costello, The Lone Gunman, A Minute with Stan Hooper, Normal Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, Keen Eddy, The Street, American Embassy, Cedric The Entertainer, The Tick, Louie, And Greg The Bunny....

Lois: Is there no hope?

Peter: Well I suppose if ALL those shows go down the tubes we might have a shot.

Can anyone tell me what time tonight it starts? I'm looking forward to this show, I HATE T.V. but hopefully this show will get me glued to the T.V. like the old days.

Maybe thats not a good thing though...........:confused:

Yes, sadly the execs at FOX screw up their scheduling.. Putting FireFly on at Friday nights when nobody watches TV...

Taking Dark Angel off of Tuesday nights where it averaged around 12 million viewers to Friday night which saw a huge decline in ratings. Moving Futurama around on Sundays, sometimes not showing it due to a NFL game. How was the audience supposed to know when it was on?

FOX hires on some incredible talent, in writers, actors, and directors... but man, and sign on some great shows. However, none of them seem to survive except for the odd show like 24 and Prison Break. btw How many episodes can you make for a show called Prison Break? Geez...

I don't care if this show is good or not, knowing FOX, it has signed its death warrant long before it even aired. That's why I won't get into this series, because just as you get into it, it's toodles.

Hell, that's a good thing imo. The less connection with T3 the better. I'll be watching it as if T3 never existed.
what he said. T3 was fcuking awful. ill be checking this out as well but im sure it will be canceled after 4 episodes. then they will sell the dvd with the remaining 5 episodes on it. sigh. thats the fox network for you. and it looks like 7pm central time here voorhees.

what he said. T3 was fcuking awful. ill be checking this out as well but im sure it will be canceled after 4 episodes. then they will sell the dvd with the remaining 5 episodes on it. sigh. thats the fox network for you. and it looks like 7pm central time here voorhees.

Thanks dude.........

I remember an interview I read & they said that they made the series as if the 3rd film didn't exist and is a continuation from the 2nd film

I remember an interview I read & they said that they made the series as if the 3rd film didn't exist and is a continuation from the 2nd film
i read that too. i also read that they have the first 3 seasons or so planned out. that would be great if the series survives. its nice when they have a series planned out from the beginning. less shark jumping that way.

i read that too. i also read that they have the first 3 seasons or so planned out. that would be great if the series survives. its nice when they have a series planned out from the beginning. less shark jumping that way.

unlike lost where IMO @ the beginning they were just making it up as they go along

Isn't very good so far. Sarah murdered Dyson?? He chose his own fate. The chick terminator doesn't move like one. Gun in the leg just so we can see robot thigh? Recliner that block bullets? Ugggg

Sarah murders Dyson according to this show? Man, is Fox trying to ruin a good thing, what ****ing idiots.

Back