commission an artist for chewbacca, r2d2 and c3po

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you pay to have a board artist commissioned for a forgotten core character?

• Total voters

tylerd

Super Freak
Reaction score
reading how easy going and down to earth trev, andy and oluf are by their many replies on the freaks board, what if the sw 1/6 fans looking for a vital core character, poll to see if a commission sculpt and figure are possible. might be surprised on how many would actually want one.

i'm in for a chewy, r2d2 and c3po. keep in mind, this is if it were possible. licensing most likely would prohibit us from getting what we want. :(

THIS IS JUST FOR FUN! FANTASY POLL! (hope that makes it clear.:))

Last edited:
I don't think they are generally able to take commissions for products or licenses that are held by companies they work for. I remember Andy posted something about this during the time he was making some headsculpts.

Also, I'm fine waiting until Sideshow releases them.

I also don't think any of them could do 1 of those characters in less than a year with their steady work. Heads are one thing, but a full figure on top of regular work is asking a lot. Not to mention, the characters you list would require full production facilities to produce in any sort of large run. A customizer might be able to do a dozen maybe, but these are characters that would likely be wanted in hundreds.

I also don't think any of them could do 1 of those characters in less than a year with their steady work. Heads are one thing, but a full figure on top of regular work is asking a lot. Not to mention, the characters you list would require full production facilities to produce in any sort of large run. A customizer might be able to do a dozen maybe, but these are characters that would likely be wanted in hundreds.

maybe i should have labeled the poll 'fantasy commission'. i wanted to see how many people actually want the characters listed. besides, lucas would give all of us the slap down if we produced his babies without a license. :google

Well if it's fantasy, what's really the point, who wouldn't want those 3 in fantasy land?

seems to me that you are purposely trying to derail this thread. i'm sure your reading comprehension is sufficient to understand 'i wanted to see how many people actually want the characters listed.' seems pretty clear to me. maybe if sideshow saw actual numbers of the people that want these important characters to the sw collection, they'll move them up on their schedule. there's no reason for you to queer that.

I'm not trying to derail it, why didn'y you just ask who wants these characters. You talk about a commission like you were serious about doing it and then say it's a fantasy question. I was trying to understand what your purpose was.

I'd like to see Trevor do some commissioned sculpts, but not any Star Wars ones (I'll let SSC handle that with him ;) )

Instead, I have a couple of TV-related characters I'd love him to take a crack at (if you're reading this, Trev, PM me and we'll talk turkey).

seems to me that you are purposely trying to derail this thread. i'm sure your reading comprehension is sufficient to understand 'i wanted to see how many people actually want the characters listed.' seems pretty clear to me. maybe if sideshow saw actual numbers of the people that want these important characters to the sw collection, they'll move them up on their schedule. there's no reason for you to queer that.

They are three of the main SW characters that everyone wants and if you read any thread their names are mentioned.

I am sure SS knows that as well...:rolleyes:

I don't see the point for a fantasy poll either.

this wasnt a fantasy poll 30min ago.:rolleyes: what's the point. who wouldnt want these charactors. why not have a poll asking if anybody would ever want a darth vader while you're at it.

tylerd.

I see your vision brother man. You just want to have some fun with this!!!

Hey what you heard about Tylerd, he's moving on up to the eastside. :lol

I'll vote for all three just for sheets and giggles! :D

:duff bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I am going to try and make my own Chewie, but would certainly join in on a group commission with someone if they were making them. R2 and CPO would be nice as well, just not sure how feasible it would be.

Instead, I have a couple of TV-related characters I'd love him to take a crack at (if you're reading this, Trev, PM me and we'll talk turkey).

Lol. I'm interested in what Irish is trying to have Trevor sculpt......I'd love to be able to commission a couple of Heroes characters since it looks like there aren't any 1/6 on the horizon on that property but I wonder if there'd be enough people interested to keep the per person costs low....

Back on track, I'd be interested in a Chewie but only if it were done in real fur....if one was to be done I'd rather it be done to the nines....as for the rest I'm content in waiting.

Well hopefully SS makes the figures we want, I always wondered who at SS decides which figure is next. Because with all the Lukes and all the possibilites its strange to me why certain figures aren't made. A Storm Trooper is a sure money maker.

Chewy whould have to be hair dont know is SS can do this. But I'm hoping for PF Emperor next, nice companion to Anakin and Vader. But this is my Fantasy Commission for PF figures. And I hate repeats.

It boggles my mind how some people think that SS is intentionally not making sure fire selling figures. Darth Vader, Chewbacca, C-3P0, R2-D2, Stormtoopers and Clonetroopers are all on the idea table and like most of them in R&D. People want them, they're well aware of that, but they are also working to get them right after the complaints about Vader PF and such, and working to keep cost down because they're not looking to have their figures enter the $150 range. We're getting repeat Lukes and such because they're easily done and popular over a large group of collectors. In the end, they are a business and have to look at numbers and everything and go with items that aren't going to collect dust on shelves and have to take a hit on their investment. Greedo for example, could easily be done and be cool, but who's to say outside of the few hundred of us around here, he'd be all that popular. Granted you have Landos and Tarkins and other humans could be done that are popular, but we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, we do know that LFL can be a pain in the ass from Sideshow and MR, so that could hold up things too. Hell, LFL maybe be the final say in some character choices. There's just too much unknown about how this line is developed to make assumptions on why we see what we see from it. All we can do is take each thing as it comes and have faith that Sideshow's looking out for our best interest to a point with this line.

Back