Hot Toys Jor El Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjam

Here on the Perimeter
Reaction score
As Darklord Dave says and I agree, this just may be Figure of the Year.

It is simply a Classic and deseves it's own Image thread. And as many of us are getting ours now, why not Honor KaL El's Father with a tribute thread?

Took a bunch of shots, here are the first from today's batch...

DSC09230.jpg

DSC09246.jpg

DSC09235.jpg

DSC09241.jpg

DSC09225.jpg

Of course, there have been some amazing pics posted by fellow freaks so please swing them over here. And yes, this does belong in the Superhero Section, let's hope some day we may have one.

Last edited:
Shouldn't this be in the Superhero section?

Agree, he is a awesome figure. The only nitpick (other than no accessories) is the skin tone is a bit dark.

A great figure that I don't think anyone was ever expecting to be made. Hot Toys never fails.

Mine will be here this coming week! wOOt! Now I need to find some clear crystals to go with my green one!

Beautiful :monkey2

I know, it almost brings tears to my eyes to see them reunited like this. Have we ever seen such an image? Not so sure. One other thing, I just sort of realized, but always knew, how very rare it is to see such a Magnificent Portrait Sculpt, seriously, this is dead on rare Artistry.

Last edited:
That looks great!

Does the suit material reflect light in any way?

Yes, it definitely reflects light. Catches it with some angles and in others throws it back. Still need to see the effects with lamps and such.

JOR EL and KAL EL...

DSC09435.jpg

DSC09426.jpg

DSC09417.jpg

DSC09384.jpg

DSC09409.jpg

DSC09332.jpg

This as some of you know is the Famous #2 Figuremaster Les Christopher Reeve Superman Tribute Figure. I have only removed it from it's box three times;

When it arrived in Nov 2005,
When Superman Returns Opened and
Now, to reunite him with his Father. :D

Last edited:
I don't agree with figure of the year. Far more superior figures released in the past year. Face sculpt and/or likeness of the year, I certainally could agree with.

DSC09208.jpg

Tried out a little PS on this image, trying to get that glow effect, have more pics to come in the set. I just have picasa so... limited there, hope you enjoy. Can't wait to see more pics from you guys as your Jor El's arrive...

Nice seeing the two figures together. Kinda shows off how different the S's are but Brando and Reeve together... WOW! And I love how their heights are in scale with one another.

Nice seeing the two figures together. Kinda shows off how different the S's are but Brando and Reeve together... WOW! And I love how their heights are in scale with one another.

Totally gdb, Thanks Bro...

Here's a few more to finish that set and one last Reeves and Brando shot...

DSC09174.jpg

DSC09167-1.jpg

DSC09182-1.jpg

DSC09479.jpg

awesome pics Paul!! the last pic with Reeve and Jor-El really show off the reflections on Jor-El's suit.

Love the crystals! What are you using for them?

awesome pics Paul!! the last pic with Reeve and Jor-El really show off the reflections on Jor-El's suit.

Love the crystals! What are you using for them?

Thanks Reiny, the crystals are temps I guess. I used the hard clear plastic tube which came with the Aqua tech tank filter I used for Aliens grate flooring and cut them at angles. Used green marker on one.

Appropriate as Jor El and Supes are Aliens too. :D

I can't find anything to use as real looking scale crystals. Looked all over hobby lobby the other day.

I posted this in the Superman Returns thread but it also belongs here.

He is awesome!!

Gonna have some dinner and then take a bunch of pics. Here is one teaser pic:

Jor-El.jpg

I posted this in the Superman Returns thread but it also belongs here.

He is awesome!!

Gonna have some dinner and then take a bunch of pics. Here is one teaser pic:

Jor-El.jpg

Nice pic of Jor-El and the.....uhm......Emerald Invader. Do they have batteries on Krypton? :monkey5

Back