The Chris Chulamanis Memorial Custom USCM Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Walker

Digging my way out!
Reaction score
I speak for all who will be involved in this.

Together, we SSF members involved, are going to endeavor to work up a thorough and fitting tribute figure of Chris Chulamanis, worthy of his wonderful contributions to our field of Figure Customs, especially to the Colonial Marines figure making world, to be given to whomever is best to receive it, at a time when the figure is completed.

chrischulamanis.jpg

Until then this will primarily be an idea and image thread, usable for all involved members to add their knowledge and submit parts and gear or pics and info to.

I will contribute my brush to a head, to be acquired, and a base with a plaque.

I will keep this list going and updated often with contributions:

-Les Walker - Head?/Headpaint, Base, Engraved plaque? (subject to cost/group donations?/wording to be determined)
-Dark Artist Josh - Attire, weathering and other DA Dirtyin'
-Ironman1188 - Head? Body, Boots, Gear (tbd)
-Stendec
-Mudshark

This will all be done in memory of Chris. :rock

Last edited:
I'm also on board, here for clothing and armor weathering...:viking

Chris was a valued member of the custom community and his work was an inspiration to my own custom Marines, including my self portrait. He was a great guy and deserves a memorial of the highest order. I'm down for whatever needs to be done. :duff

I have the uni, knife, hasp & lock, shotgun and sheath, some patches, maybe the boots. I can add the body and hopefully the head as well once pics are in.

I have the uni, knife, hasp & lock, shotgun and sheath, some patches, maybe the boots. I can add the body and hopefully the head as well once pics are in.

Cool. He needs good boots. Those nicer ones out there than the molded HT ones, if possible.

Can you start a running list of needed loose gear Steve? I am not sure all the parts needed. Thanks.

What about armor? Helmet, etc...

Thanks Josh! Once we know his height a little better [can't really tell in that photo] we can get a better bead on what body might work best [as well as working with the head]

I can contribute:

A set of Chris' own bdus and patches.
A loose HT helmet and swatch of his bdu fabric to make an accurate helmet cover (someone with better tailoring skills would have to make it though)
VP-70 and holster.
Loose utility pouches.
Also I hope a set of accurate dog tags with his name and serial number.

It would be great if we could use as mucha s possible of his own gear rather than using Hot Toys stuff but for the most part I guess it wont be possible to do that. I know Angie (Sentry 1) made the original sculpts for some of the items he sold (such as Pulse Rifle) so maybe she can help out on that front.

Great idea Stendec. That would be key I think as well, it being a tribute to him... would be nice to use as much of his personal gear kits as possible. :duff

I can contribute:

A set of Chris' own bdus and patches.
A loose HT helmet and swatch of his bdu fabric to make an accurate helmet cover (someone with better tailoring skills would have to make it though)
VP-70 and holster.
Loose utility pouches.
Also I hope a set of accurate dog tags with his name and serial number.

It would be great if we could use as mucha s possible of his own gear rather than using Hot Toys stuff but for the most part I guess it wont be possible to do that. I know Angie (Sentry 1) made the original sculpts for some of the items he sold (such as Pulse Rifle) so maybe she can help out on that front.

Great idea. And I think you have a great point, as much of Chris' gear as possible needs to be used. A running list of this needs to be gathered and set, so we don't have overrun of parts. :D
I'll step back and let you experts work this out, and when we have it finalized, I will post the stuff in the first post list.

Thanks guys. This is great. I feel like if we were all in the same room, we'd have the figure done this evening! :rock
(nothing like miles apart to slow us down...)

Les, I'm just working off the pic at the top as to what Chris actually wore.
- helmet
- uni X
- boots
- shin guards
- chest armor
- shotgun/sheath X
- patches X
- motion tracker
- watch X
- pouches
- body X
- head ?
- knife X
- lock & hasp X
Lemme know if i overlooked anything

I also have a pair of ACE cloth/leather Jungle Boots I'd be happy to contirbute. They are really nice boots, just that a couple of the eyelets have come loose from threading the laces.

Hot Toys will probably be best. I know Les has heightened figures with inserts and I'm sure that could be worked out here if need be. The uni, patches, knife, hasp & lock and shotgun/sheath I have to use are all Chris' stuff.

I also have a pair of ACE cloth/leather Jungle Boots I'd be happy to contirbute. They are really nice boots, just that a couple of the eyelets have come loose from threading the laces.

Something that can be glued into place after assembled though?

Great project, i think that small green pouches is for a rifle cleaning kit. Looks similar to a bread bag but think that might be too big and a ammo pouch might be too small.

I wish I had something to contribute guys. I was floored by the news of Chris's death. I do have some of his 1/6 scale marines patches and equipment that I plan on keeping. But, I would definitely be interested in buying a custom figure of Chris if it is ever offered for sale. Maybe if a tribute 1/6 scale figure of Chris as a USCM is offered to board members for sale, then the profits from it would go to his family in his honor. I would proudly display him next to all of my Hot Toys marines!

Last edited:
This is a wonderful project, I salute you all!

If there is anything I can do to contribute, LMK.

Mudshark, check your PM box please Bro.

Back