NEW Marmit Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabres21768

Super Freak
Reaction score
BIG update today!

Got my new Marmit Alien back from my fellow Hivester...Helldresser (Riotboy on the CH). All I can say is...FOOKIN' WOW!

He took a beautiful kit and just laid the paint smackdown on it.

For those of you who don't know, this is probably the most accurate Alien sculpt right now. Based on the actual suit that sits in the Giger museum, this beauty clocks in at an impressive 2 feet tall!

When Helldresser and I first starting talking about putting this together, we decided to make it as accurate as possible. While the sculpt is very close, it is missing a few key pieces to make it perfect.

HD and I went through a list of what we felt was missing and need to be changed to bring it to complete suit accuracy.

-He removed the sculpted neck pipes and put in custom ones and brought those around to the back of the neck
-Sculpted the wrist cuffs and reposed the fingers
-Added the ox jaw detail to the heel spikes (Giger used actual ox jaws when sculpting the heel spikes on the suit...teeth and all)
-Improved all of the detailing to the entire skull area under the dome
-Fixed the VERY pronounced forward lean these kits seem to have suffered from out of the package

I've included pics of the custom areas for you to check out.

Top that off with a killer custom base and THE BEST paint job I've seen and I've got my absolute FAVORITE Alien piece in my collection.

HUGE thanks to HD for taking this one on and to Dan for helping me get one of these beauties.

LOTS o' pics...

100_4133b.jpg

100_4142a.jpg

100_4144a.jpg

100_4146a.jpg

100_4152a.jpg

100_4134a.jpg

100_4138a.jpg

100_4155a.jpg

100_4156a.jpg

100_4159a.jpg

Wow, what an incredible looking piece, hauntingly beautiful.

The paint application really captured Gigers unigue style of texturing and the sculpt is perfect. Personaly I feel the black detailing on the skull is a little heavy but otherwise this piece is perfect. This must be a real grail item amongst hardcore Alien collectors.

Niiiice...

That would look great anywhere...

Seeing this makes me wonder...

You can see the eye sockets on skull...

So where are they on the Predator 2 skull?

You KNOW I had to chime in bro! What with this being an already wicked sculpt, you had one wicked paint done on it! It even goes a little conjectural into details, seen and unseen, and takes it more to the ALIEN 3 finish level, giving you a figure that would sell for a MASSIVE amount if ever sold. Not that you EVER will! :D
Great work all around. I passed on this model and have regretted it ever since. I now see what I missed.

Great stuff Sabres. Just exemplary. Kudos to the paintup and congrats on one hell of an acquisition! :rock

Damn!
The customization and paint apps just take this to another level!
Simply fantastic.
The choice of paint apps is not necessarily my ideal, but it is very Gigeresque and simply stunning in craftsmanship. Congratulations dude, that will certainly be the envy of every single person who owns that Marmit kit.

And seeing it in such detail just highlights the slight differences between the sculpture and the actual suit worn by Bolaji Badejo.

Seriously, your Marmit kicks all kinds of butt!
Man, this has been one alien-intense week.

Great paint but there something in the face from the front view that does not look accurate IMO...

Dayum! Congrats on a sweet build-up sabres! Very detailed and unique paint applications. I know you're a very happy camper! :D

WOW.... That is an insanely stunning piece... The level of paint detail is astounding, I can't believe how beautiful that looks.... :google

Great score, I'm sure it will be an item you will stop and stare at every day... :rock

outstanding!!! love the mods that were done, and stellar paint job.

the thing is huge!!!!! do you have pics of where it is displayed??

Niiiice...

That would look great anywhere...

Seeing this makes me wonder...

You can see the eye sockets on skull...

So where are they on the Predator 2 skull?

Up until the advent of AvP-R the only eye sockets ever seen were on the first alien (and only in pics or freeze framing the DVD's).

Up until the advent of AvP-R the only eye sockets ever seen were on the first alien (and only in pics or freeze framing the DVD's).

Indeed! The skull in Predator 2 is from Cameron's Aliens film. Different from the original Alien.

I thought there was a pic of an HT alien next to this Marmit kit?
Does anybody else remember that, or was I on drugs?

Back