Why was Qui-Gon Jinn, NOT in Revenge of the sith?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ven

Super Freak
Reaction score
excuse me if this has been beaten to death or a fresh topic, but I really wanna know... Jinn is of my my favorites among the SW characters.... and he was the first to learn how to transcend death to the spirtual beings, why wasn't he in ROTS? I know they mentioned it and it was in the books... but why no liam neeson?

Because Lucas cut the scene because he thought it "slowed down" the move. :rolleyes:

(Neeson would have come in to do voice over but it never got that point as Lucas cut that scenes just after spot audio was used)

Personally I think George was too cheap to pay him.
I've heard that his scenes were actually shot but due to the length they were cut from the film.

Actually it was cut so Lucas can re-re-release his saga. One new scene added at a time.

Anyone see the Southpark episode with Lucas and Spielberg? It was on the other night. Great one.

yeah i think it would have been very cool to have his spirit in the cave while obi wan is in hiding from the clones. saw it in a book..the conceptual art. but like it has been said. retardation set in.

oh yeah and the han solo as a youngin was a bad move not to have been included too :(

george ,george, george

got this online from two sources.. who can confirm?

Qui-Gon Jinn was portrayed by Liam Neeson in The Phantom Menace. His voice was used briefly in Attack of the Clones, and was provided by Fred Tatasciore for Star Wars: Clone Wars. Neeson was slated to appear as Qui-Gon in Revenge of the Sith, however he was injured in a motorcycle accident which prevented him from appearing in the film

Qui-Gon Jinn was portrayed by Liam Neeson in The Phantom Menace. His voice was used briefly in Attack of the Clones, and was provided by Fred Tatasciore for Star Wars: Clone Wars. Neeson was slated to appear as Qui-Gon in Revenge of the Sith, however he was injured in a motorcycle accident which prevented him from appearing in the film

I don't think the motorcycle accident had anything to do with it. That happened in 2000. He did a few things between then and ROTS.

A motorcycle acciedent with George Lucas.:lol Probably trying to run Neeson off the road.

Maybe they can reshoot the scene...

That's something I'd love to see...

Like Boba Fett escaping from the Sarlaac...

I will strip off my kilt and run through temple square, Salt Lake City naked if it isn't in the next big release of the SW saga.

It'll be done someday. Lucas is too much of a tinkerer for it not to be done.

I will strip off my kilt and run through temple square, Salt Lake City naked if it isn't in the next big release of the SW saga.

It'll be done someday. Lucas is too much of a tinkerer for it not to be done.

The guy were's a Kilt.What can I say?:D:lol

It had nothing to do with $$ or schedules. It was just Lucas Retardation™.

I love how "Lucas Retardation" is trademarked :lol

I agree that the absence of Jinn from ROTS really left a sore spot with me especially since it seemed a perfect fit at that time on Organa's ship....

This would be a very simple change, as it was only supposed to be his voice that Yoda was hearing and it wouldn't be that difficult to get Liam Neeson to record the voiceover and lengthen the scene with CG Yoda. It would require no actual reshoots at all.

Back