About Boardmember Fat Hobbitss...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

Winged Shadows

Well I have been looking for the Stone Trolls for ages!

I'd almost given up but thanks to the Ezboard attack (blessing in disguise).. a post of mine of many months ago cropped back up again and I was contacted by several boardmembers offering to sell me theirs. At the time I was bogged down with around 131,537 charges going onto my account! And, also there was the small problem of the Atlantic Ocean and Big Al's colleagues in customs to deal with! :lol Needless to say I had no choice but to politely turn the offers down.

Anyway, I had a small brainwave a couple of weeks ago and cancelled a lot of orders with Sideshow. At the same time Fat Hobbitss contacted me about the Stone Trolls - at a good price.. and best of all within Europe!

(notices half the people reading this have fallen asleep...)

Okay it arrived today, superb packaging...(never seen that many polystyrene chips in my life :p )... and the Trolls themselves were absolutely MINT!!! I am just soooo glad I finally have this piece in the collection.

Thank You Fat Hobbitss!!!
:rock

Hey Winged Shadows, I think you're on the wrong board. This place is for only saying negative things about people. :rollin

Only joking. Stone Trolls are great. I just love those statues.

Congrats WS!! Getting a much wanted piece is always a great day for us. Glad you landed one of yours :toast

Congrats on the Stone Trolls. A magnificent addition indeed!
Now, who has my RWOS at a good cheap price. :)

lol.. just going against the grain!

Nah, I'm glad I have something positive to say, amongst all the hostility shown in other threads :)poke ). And for all those people that have had bad experiences with plant pots, and pictures of cave trolls! :puke

There are some genuinely decent folk around.

:banana

Beru, I hate to rub it in.. but I am expecting to receive RWOS+GOSF in the next week or so...

RWOS was my first ever Sideshow Weta purchase and I paid well over $700 for it...probably the reason I felt so underwhelmed when I opened it. But.. you just don't appreciate anything til it's gone...and thats what's slowly been happening again.

:thud

:mwaha

The Stone Trolls, the Fell Beast, and possibly the Treebeard bust are most likely the only "old" statues I'll ever be after. My collection will be nearly complete once the final pieces arrive later this year/early next year.

but I am expecting to receive RWOS+GOSF in the next week or so...

Those are my favorite 2 pieces released so far. I just LOVE them displayed together. The Balrog and Cave Troll would probably be on that list as well if I ever had them.

Congrats WS, they are fantastic stattues,

Are this company UK based??

Thanks

Shell
x
:toast :gimli

Congrats....I wish I had gotten that one too when I had a chance. Oh well.....Looks really cool though.

Congrats WS - one of my favourite statues, and my absolute favourite environment! :poke

:rock2

Re: re

Woo hoot!
You've been after them for a while too, like me. You won't be disappointed when you open them!

Y'know, out of everything I have, my favourite is still the RWOS. It's just so....creepy! It's that hood staring at something but with no head in it....scary.
Bilbo and Orthanc are my next faves btw, but nobody cares of course :wave

:dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance

:wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave

and

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Glad we both got what we were looking for and thanks for the compliment on the packaging, at one moment I was afraid I did not put enough chips ... I was wrong LOL. I'm sure, though, the big FRAGILE and THIS WAY UP lettering helped too!

Enjoy your poly:toast

Back