NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am only a casual fan, and only saw the original for the first time last night (I loved it!), but the design is incredible and I will definitely pick one up when I see it!

Here are the pics, from necaonline.com:

Alien18__original_.jpg

AlienCompTease.jpg

https://www.necaonline.com/article/detail/185

Well that looks damn nice! Every so often NECA does something real kickass... although my heart is still set on a HT version.

Looks great, I just hope it's more sound in structure than the McFarlane 12 inch figure, that thing didn't want to stand up even with the base.

I'm not a big NECA fan, but that looks great. I hope the production piece is as good. I can't wait to see more pics.

NECA seems to usually make pretty solid figures in the larger scale. Still not 100% if I'd buy this, but it does look really well done.

NECA seems to usually make pretty solid figures in the larger scale. Still not 100% if I'd buy this, but it does look really well done.

I would just worry about the paint apps. Didn't they catch a lot of flack for Pumpkinhead?

Finally official pics!
Man, that is one sweet figure. Congratulations to Kyle and his team at NECA for making this fantastic figure!

I can't wait to have it in hand and I truly hope NECA consider doing this in proper 1/6 scale.

And please Hot Toys, just take this figure, copy it and design the articulation into it. You don't need to do anything else. I can vouch for the accuracy of this figure. This is IT. You can't go wrong. You guys know you can do it. You know you want to do it.
Please pretty please.

In the meantime GO NECA GO

:chew:chew:chew:chew

Since I've been a figure collector I've wait for a 18'' of this figure.When I started collecting years ago, I bought the 18'' alien by Kenner out of nostalgia.But this thing will :rock

I would just worry about the paint apps. Didn't they catch a lot of flack for Pumpkinhead?

Sota Toys I believe are the ones that produced the Pumpkinhead...nice sculpt ruined by crappy paint apps...

I would be worried with neca's paint as well for they can be hit or miss at times.

Those concerned about NECA paint apps, here's the 8" PredAlien and Alien Warrior just released.

8.jpg

17.jpg

I've been happy with NECA's paint apps over the last couple years since I've been collecting them. I've seen some of their earlier stuff and it was so-so, but they seem to have come a long way.

Just a little insider info (I don't think Kyle will mind): the tail on the alien in the pics is a bit short, but this issue has already been addressed and it should be fixed on the production run.

Just a little insider info (I don't think Kyle will mind): the tail on the alien in the pics is a bit short, but this issue has already been addressed and it should be fixed on the production run.

Please have mercy and tell me what the chances are for a Neca Dutch and Predator figure (7" is enough). Should i save my money (i will if Neca will ever release these figures) or should i buy the Hot Toys versions (will not buy HT if Neca has plans).

Dont think so man, only reason Neca picked this line up was because of AVPR, id only see HT releasing them because they have had mass success with the prior Predators and they know they can milk this thing for all its worth lol

Back