Soul Calibur IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kabukiman

Greatest Person Ever
Reaction score
I was off the charts excited about this game before.

longername03kq7.jpg

Now... :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

https://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165334

edit: imageshack seems to be broken right now... :banghead just click the link

Last edited:
Hopefully Namco can make a full star wars fighting game

dooku, obi-wan, vader, yoda, asajj, palpatine, loki etc

we wouldn't be surprised to learn that additional Star Wars characters are paid-for downloadable content. It's unlikely that the company would go through all these negotiations with LucasArts to obtain the rights to only two characters, so expect more announcements as we get closer to SCIV's release date.

:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Last edited:
Namco is keeping the arcade-style gaming dream alive :rock:rock:rock

Thinking of what they could do with a full Star Wars fighting game makes me all tingly inside. I will definitely be downloading any and all additional SCIV content, Star Wars related or otherwise.

edit: I guess Namco is holding a press event *right now* so news is coming in very quickly. According to Kotaku: https://kotaku.com/343067/ps3-xbox-360-get-exclusive-star-wars-soulcalibur-iv-characters Vader will be exclusive to PS3 and Yoda will be exclusive to 360. Kinda lame, but I'll take it, I guess. Here's hoping we'll be able download some!

Last edited:
Namco is keeping the arcade-style gaming dream alive :rock:rock:rock

Thinking of what they could do with a full Star Wars fighting game makes me all tingly inside. I will definitely be downloading any and all additional SCIV content, Star Wars related or otherwise.

edit: I guess Namco is holding a press event *right now* so news is coming in very quickly. According to Kotaku: https://kotaku.com/343067/ps3-xbox-360-get-exclusive-star-wars-soulcalibur-iv-characters Vader will be exclusive to PS3 and Yoda will be exclusive to 360. Kinda lame, but I'll take it, I guess. Here's hoping we'll be able download some!

vader excl to PS3 only would be BS!!!! i was worried they may do that since they did with characters in a previous version but at least those were characters from the console producers 1st party game so that made sense.

Oh man I LOVE Soul Calibur!!! It's my favorite of the "in-depth" fighting games (a la Tekken, Virtua Fighter, and DOA) and I love the characters especially some of the laddiiieesss...*achem* they're good fighters really!

SIEGFRIED IS MAH BOY THO'! :rock

I am super psyched for Soul Calibur IV and I can't wait...I've been a fan since Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast (missed out on Soul Edge though) and that was one of the most polished and beautiful looking games of its time.

For those that don't know, "special guest" characters is nothing new to Soul Calibur...they did this before with the multi-platform launch of Soul Calibur II...EVERY system got its own exclusive character:
PS2: Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
X-Box: Spawn (Spawn comics)
Gamecube: Link (Legend of Zelda)

Looks like Namco is doing it again with SCIV and going BIG with the Star Wars characters. I certainly don't mind but I also know its a marketing tactic on their part to try and raise some sales and perhaps get some more people interested in the franchise.

Nevertheless...good stuff!!

BTW - whose everyone's favorite Soul Calibur characters? I typically play with SIEGFRIED as my top guy. I also like Nightmare, Mitsurighi, Raphael, Taki, Ivy, Sophitia and Killik.

BTW - whose everyone's favorite Soul Calibur characters? I typically play with SIEGFRIED as my top guy. I also like Nightmare, Mitsurighi, Raphael, Taki, Ivy, Sophitia and Killik.

Nobody can step to Sophitia! If, for whatever reason, I can't get the job done with Sophitia, I bring out the big guns: Cervantes :rock

vader excl to PS3 only would be BS!!!! i was worried they may do that since they did with characters in a previous version but at least those were characters from the console producers 1st party game so that made sense.

yeah thats pretty lame indeed. hopefully that wont be the case. i also liked that with the last game. since i had the xbox i was stuck with spawn, but my brother had a gamecube and i loved using link in it. i would love to see a more up to date star wars fighting game.... does anyone remember the stinkfest....star wars: masters of teras kasi???

yeah thats pretty lame indeed. hopefully that wont be the case. i also liked that with the last game. since i had the xbox i was stuck with spawn, but my brother had a gamecube and i loved using link in it. i would love to see a more up to date star wars fighting game.... does anyone remember the stinkfest....star wars: masters of teras kasi???

i still have the game...for some reason I never get rid of old systems or the games.

it sucked but it was SW's so i played it a pretty good bit.

it's the way marketing works, they'll have yoda on 360, and vader on PS3. namco/bandai is gambling on SW fans to buy both version. wii gets the lame rpg type sc game.

https://kotaku.com/343067/ps3-xbox-3...r-iv-characters

New trailer revealing Darth Vader & Yoda on the official SC site

https://www.soulcalibur.com/

heh, the force throws will dominate ring outs.

Last edited:
I generally don't like these anime over the top fighting games,(especially any games made by Namco :yuck) but being able to bring the pain as Vader, this is going to be a must buy.

As some have already mentioned, it's pretty lame that both PS3 and 360 have their respective exclusive characters. I prefer my games on 360, but will pick up the PS3 version only.

Hopefully this is a possible precursor to an all SW fighting game if SC does well.

i just saw the game trailer..awesome!!!!!can`t wait..does anyone heard if it`s going to be released an exclusive version of the game including both star wars characters???beacause i recently bought a ps3...:emperor

Back