Giger's Original Alien...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FelMar

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is a kit from the Japanese company, Marmit.
It's Giger's masterpiece from the 1st movie <ALIEN>
Big kit- 2 feet in height!
The kit was painted and built by a Biomechanical from www.theaccelerationcouch.com
The details are impressive, and a wonderful paint application helps too!

On with the pics and some comparison shots...

marmit.jpg

marmit2.jpg

marmit3.jpg

marmit4.jpg

marmit5.jpg

That's some nice...drybrushing.
But where's the paint?

It's got a bit of a lean to it doesn't it? Shouldn't that have been corrected by the builder?

Very cool statue. It does seem like the position of the legs and the general posture is a little too "proper" for an alien, though. Like he's waiting in line at the DMV instead of getting ready for some carnage. Otherwise very very nice.

that thing is amazing!!!! how do i get one????

Neehar,
I bought mine from xofacto.com, not sure if they have anymore though :confused:
It's tough to find them, you might want to do a google search or something.

It's got a bit of a lean to it doesn't it? Shouldn't that have been corrected by the builder?

It's actually standing straight up...the legs are not at 90 degrees though,
here's a stock photo for your reference-
alien01.jpg

Very cool pics!
I posted a few pics of this kit a while ago. It is designed after the original sculpture made by Giger (which now sits in his own museum in Switzerland).

Nice statue, but I'm really looking forward to NECA's version!

Very cool pics!
I posted a few pics of this kit a while ago. It is designed after the original sculpture made by Giger (which now sits in his own museum in Switzerland).

Nice statue, but I'm really looking forward to NECA's version!

thanks!

yea, I will be watching for the NECA one too :rock

Well, Kane's son didn't do much noise, really... it just screeched when pissed off.

Anyway, looking at the pics you posted FMW, it looks pretty clear where and how HT could put in the hip articulation without damaging the sculpt too much.
Do you guys notice the "bumps" just along the hip line? That is a perfect place to hide the articulation!

HT, are you taking notice?

Back