Disney (Gentle Giant) 7" exclusive Indiana Jones review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is going to be a big year for Indy, with the fourth film hitting and tons of merchandise coming out from multiple companies. The first action figure to hit the scene is the new 7" Disney exclusive Indiana Jones, sculpted by Gentle Giant. Tonight's review is a bit different - it's sort of a guest review, sort of my review. I wrote the intro and shot the photos, while my nephew Guy Klender (a HUGE fan of Indy) wrote the review text. This is one of those figures that's better in the package than out...unfortunately. You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

(reposted from the duplicate thread)

Not too impressive... but not really surprised. Seems like there were a few Disney figures that were decent (Narnia) but in general pretty sub-par.

Can't wait to see what Sideshow lays on us :rock

Heads-up...

I *may* be going down to Orlando next weekend to visit family. If so, I will probably visit MGM Studios, where I plan to pick up some exclusives. Among those being the recently released 7" Indy figure by Gentle Giant:

RandomJan08_103.jpg

Assuming they have some in stock, I'll try and purchase a few extras in case anyone here is interested. I believe they retail for $13.95 in the parks.

Anyway, I'll let you know.

Irish just to give you the heads up when I called and ordered one they told me they didn't have them in Orlando and that it was an exclusive to the ride in California not the stunt show in Orlando that being said I call in Dec so they might have changed their stance since then.

I went to Disneyland last week. They were sold out.:monkey2 The good news is my daughter was finally tall enough to get on the Indy ride. :chew

Irish just to give you the heads up when I called and ordered one they told me they didn't have them in Orlando and that it was an exclusive to the ride in California not the stunt show in Orlando that being said I call in Dec so they might have changed their stance since then.

Someone on TheRaider.Net picked some up outside the Epic Stunt Spectacular at MGM in Orlando recently.

I finally saw that figure close up. It looked like the articulation was greatly reduced before production and the likeness is more David Duchovny than Harrison Ford. As much as I'd love a 6" scale Indy, I'll settle for the 12" and 3 3/4".

Heads-up...

I *may* be going down to Orlando next weekend to visit family. If so, I will probably visit MGM Studios, where I plan to pick up some exclusives. Among those being the recently released 7" Indy figure by Gentle Giant:

RandomJan08_103.jpg

Assuming they have some in stock, I'll try and purchase a few extras in case anyone here is interested. I believe they retail for $13.95 in the parks.

Anyway, I'll let you know.

I'd definitely be interested in one of those exclusives.:D

I don't see the review - it looks like the home page hasn't updated? The most recent is Killer Croc?

i have that croc in the 6in scale. ( thats actually the line i really collect with a burning passion) :chew

A colleague is going to DISNEYWORLD over March Break so I showed it to her and she said that she'd pick one up for me if she saw any... of course I added coffee for a week but I'm hopeful that she'll be successfull.

indeed. I'd rather just hold my breath for a better 6/7in figure to come along.

A colleague is going to DISNEYWORLD over March Break so I showed it to her and she said that she'd pick one up for me if she saw any... of course I added coffee for a week but I'm hopeful that she'll be successfull.

My colleague did me a solid (of course it's coffee on me for a week--but oh well :D) and picked one of these up for me while on March Break at Disneyworld.

I'll maybe post some pics after getting him tomorrow--now the question is, to open (and pose) or not to open... That IS the question.

Picked up 5 of these while in Orlando over the weekend. At least 3 are spoken for, but I MAY have 2 extras. Waiting to hear back from someone.

Back