So if SSC got the license for DIFFERENT types of items...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Pretend Faramir was the first character treated - would you buy LotR merchandise from SSC that was more like their other lines?

So it couldn't be anything they did with Weta - but 12", 1/4 scale figures, 1:1 busts, other prop replicas than weapons, etc.

What would you like to see and how much would you be willing to pay?

Would you buy the same characters over again in the different format?

Which characters should they do?

Re: So if SSC got the license for DIFFERENT types of items..

Personally I'd only be interested in the 1/4 scale figures... and if they look as good as the SW ones, i'd buy anything they released! Though I am sure that there are plenty of people who would be interested in 12" figures and 1:1 busts (that Maul is AMAZING... but busts just aren't my thing)

Wheres my 1:1 Denethors Dinner Plate Replica!!! :p

1/4s all the way!!!!! These would rock!!!

I would be interested in 1/4th scale but would prefer if SS did 1/6h scale statues in the format we have now. They have enough well talented artist to do these.

If I like it I would Buy... I have never been a big Doom fan and I was "forced" into reserving one.. No way around the fact that it loks great...

One can never have enough Orc or Uruk in my humble opinion... :wave If SSC were to continue the line sans Weta, Im sure it would still be red hot..

Whos asking Dave, yourself or Sideshow??

LOTR 1/4s!!!! That would be one cool collection.:hat

Forgot to ask this above in my last post.

Could SS do 1/6th scale poly statues? Or would Weta have first rights to that type of line?

1/6 scale figures? Most definitely.

1/4 scale figures? Most probably (price being a factor)

I would definitely give anything a serious look. !/4 PF would be hard to turn down, 1/6 would be hard to turn down, Prop replicas would probably limit myself to Gimli. 1:1 would definitely have to be very choosey about.

But, definitely BRING IT!!!!!!

Could SS do 1/6th scale poly statues? Or would Weta have first rights to that type of line?
Well, since New Line owns the property, WETA would have to negotiate for a further license, just as any other company would. Granted, they might have a leg up, since they did the work for the films, and the previous pieces, but Sideshow should be able to get just as much consideration as WETA or any other potential licensee.

As for what I'd buy, I would definitely buy more in the 1/6 scale line, and possibly some of the 1/4 scale, although I would really have to limit that, both for cost and space issues. I mean, let's face it, there is a ton of SSW stuff already in most of our collections, and I am struggling to find room for that stuff, let alone some huge 1/4 scale Mumak! ;)

Know something we don't Dave? :naughty

Sorry no dolls for me, but I would love a Treebeard, cave troll and Balrog bust! :ent :balrog

O yeah and a Fell Beast 1:1 bust too! :lol

Well, since New Line owns the property, WETA would have to negotiate for a further license, just as any other company would. Granted, they might have a leg up, since they did the work for the films, and the previous pieces, but Sideshow should be able to get just as much consideration as WETA or any other potential licensee.

Thats true. Well, Either way I'd be happy if SS or Weta decided to do that.

Reading between the lines and as a few above have alluded to, is this hypothetical speculation or is this market research?

I'd say its probably just wishful thinking but it would be nice if the wheels were already in motion.

This is an attempt to bring the forum back in a more positive direction.

I guess it's possible that SSC could continue where SS/W left off and it's possible that Weta could continue on their own as well. But I'd imagine the 1/6 statues, 1/4 busts, helms and weapon sets are a murky license at the moment whereas other types of licenses may be cleaner and more likely for SSC to take on alone.

So i'm just curious what everyone's thought on the matter are.

Having only seen the SSW LOTR stuff "in the flesh", I have no idea what the other stuff is like :dunno :dunno

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

How about a few lifesize statues? I would buy the lifesize Lurtz and the lifesize RWOS. I guess shipping would be a killer though plus the postman is built like a matchstick so he wouldn't be able to lift it anyway.

Back