Sideshow should release more detailed bases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just opened my Anakin: Sith Apprentice and, wow, that copper colored base is really nice. Much nicer than I ever expected. It's amazing how much better the overall display looks when the figure is elevated on a detailed base. I wish all figures had their own unique base to stand on. Imagine the possibilities: multiple Death Star floor tiles depending on the location, Millennium Falcon floor, Jabbas grated trap floor, desert terrain, forest terrain, snow covered outdoor and indoor Hoth base floors. The list goes on and on for each character!

I actually like the uniform look of all my bases. I can see why people would love themed bases for their figures, but not me. Just my opinion.

It's a shame Ben Kenobi didn't come with a sand base like the one that came with the sith probe droids.

Guess it's more of a Premium Format thing

Maybe if they're having a really hard time coming up with an exclusive item a detailed base could take the place of that.

Like Endor Leia. Her exclusive would be what? The crummy piece of food she nibbled on? Whoa how exciting. :rolleyes:

Sideshow did a series of stone dungeon and mud/grass bases. I have a mud/grass base for Vlad the Impaler and it is just awesome. I guess these weren't exactly big hits back then, but I can't find these anywhere anymore so they are obviously in demand now.

So yeah, I'd love more bases. Plus they wouldn't have to be limited to star wars alone. LotR could use a mud/grass base, stone floor. The Dead could have a Mall tile base, or sidewalk/road base, etc. The possiblities are endless. And if they could keep them about $10-20, they would be easily affordable and collectible (interlocking features on some would be a huge plus).

I think it would be a great idea.SS would probrably sell them seperately,as I really don't see them including it with the figure unless they charge more.

It's a shame Ben Kenobi didn't come with a sand base like the one that came with the sith probe droids.

oh man, forgot i had that! thanks for the reminder. I'll put the one that came with the Maul Excl. on Obi.

i agree about the bases, I would like to see some sold seperately.

Remember that the sand part of the plates was removable, so if they wanted to add some sort of scenery to the plates it would be removable with the regular plate underneath. Although the Anakin plate was different. But I think it would be more expensive to do since they'd have more sculpting to do with more unique pieces to create so it would bring up costs.

I like the idea of unique bases for each character as well, although it would greatly add to the cost, I think. I've considered doing this as a custom project. When done correctly, it really adds to the look of the figure.

They could get a lot of mileage out of each cover for the base. Death Star floor, sand floor, Geonosis red sand floor, Jedi council floor, Bespin carbon chamber floor etc...
SW fans are synonymous with buying extras. Imagine a multi pack of bases or even individual bases.

I like the Vader piece and its stand but overall I'd prefer they keep it uniform. It just makes for a nicer overall looking display really. I hope they stay away from the type of base HT uses cause in the two figures I've gotten they sucked. The name plates aren't too bad but I don't feel its really needed for ME to know who they are since I already do. :lol

I like the fact most of the bases look the same...even in other lines...

Though my Vader does look good...

And I like my Probe droids bases...

I put the inclusive base with Darth Maul...

Back