Problem with Hot Toys Endoskeleton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, I received my Endo today. Not going to lie, I was so scared to start posing him due to the thin nature of all the joints, wires, fingers, etc. but everything seems pretty sturdy. Problem came when I removed the plastic piece covering the battery connector (clear plastic designed to save battery drain while in storage). Well, the eyes still didn't light up after pulling it off. Do the electronics have a history of problems? Is this figure old enough that the batteries could have run down? How the heck do you get them out to test them? Any help would be appreciated.

My not battle damaged terminator has the same problem, the lights don´t work and i don´t know how to fix it.:monkey2

Prolly a bad battery, doesn't matter how old it is, new cars break down too.

I would just swap it out for a new battery. They eyes make this figure a 11.

Could be because they aren't touching. Many have had this problem and I did too. Though mine was because they sort of slipped out a little.

I had the same problem when I got mine, I wiggled the batteries around - nothing, I pressed them in tight - nothing! Finally I took both of them out entirely and then put them back in and they worked so I don't think the batteries are neccessarily drained.

Try it.

Theres a thread somewhere (or in a thread somewhere) on how to fix this, I did the trick as well and it works fine. Just take a tiny flat headed screwdriver (eye glass kits come with em) and bend the top and bottom of the metal housing inward a little bit. The problem has to do with the batteries having too much space in between them. Like this:

----------

BATTERY
BATTERY
----------

Just pry the two battery housing metal pieces (indicated in green) up a little and your connection will work.

I had the same problem, and the terminals not touching the batteries was the culprit.
The flathead Eyeglass Screwdriver is the best solution. but I didn't have one so I used the smallest screwdriver I could find and opened up the upper torso and fixed the terminals from the inside out.

I ran into this thread and it turned out to save me money on new batteries. I was just about to go get new batteries. I figured the batteries had drained so the lights wouldn't work but I used a small screw driver and moved the metal contact plates as suggested and it worked perfectly. Thanks. :)

wow i wish i had found this thread a few months ago mine has the same problem. will definately try this :rock

Check to make sure the batteries were put in there correctly. I was surprised that mine weren't.

this is a rare occasion ;)

Indeed!

I used to have a similar problem with the Battle Damaged Endo in 2007 (the regular was fine from the beginning) and I just added a small piece of aluminum between the 2 batteries and now works fine.

Mine had battery corrosion. I took it out, cleaned the inside and it's all good.

Back