Chris Chulamanis Ill

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry1

Weaponsmith
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you guys must know Chris Chulamanis of 1/6th Colonial Marine kits and 1/6th APC fame, apparently on Wednesday morning Chris suffered a major heart attack and has been in the hospital since…..his wife said it didn’t look good…. You can get more up to date info on the Aliens Legacy Board.

https://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic.php?t=3385

I'm sure well all be thinking about him and praying for his recovery.

Sentry1

Thanks Sentry1

Chris is in my thoughts and prayers. He is one of the good guys...

Recover soon Brother.

This is not good..............I have been dealing with Chris for the last week or two and found him to be an excellent source of info and help.....I hope he pulls through.

Ah man. I hate this news. Prayers and thoughts for you Chris. You have helped many a fan get closer to their ALiens figure dreams.
For a while there, Chris was the only guy outfitting Marines.

Best wishes to you and your family. I will be praying for you all.

Les

OH.....NO! Wow, what a shock! I hadn't heard anything about that dreadful news. My prayers are with Chris and his family. I hope he has a speedy recovery. He's always been a great help to me. I had talked to him a few weeks ago, and he sounded fine from his e-mail. But, I know that a heart attack is a sudden thing anyways and can strike at any time.

Yeah, I discovered Chris's incredible work a few years ago, and only recently in the last year got that great set of fabric USCM patches, the Gerber knives, Hudson's skull bone bolo tie clip, and a Hudson head sculpt from him. I love his work! He's one of the best. A very creative and talented person.

I hope and pray that he's going to be okay. Does anyone here know how old Chris is? I am 36. I saw some pictures of Chris on the "Aliens Legacy" board a few minutes ago, but still can't tell how old he is.

Last edited:
I posted up a link about this over at the hunters lair as well , the predator costuming forum. Also a link to the fund raising part , i will be sure to drop something in there.

I was only talking to him last week about an order I had placed with him, shocking news......seems such a top guy a very passioate about the good old uscm....

I'm sure many of you guys must know Chris Chulamanis of 1/6th Colonial Marine kits and 1/6th APC fame, apparently on Wednesday morning Chris suffered a major heart attack and has been in the hospital since…..his wife said it didn’t look good…. You can get more up to date info on the Aliens Legacy Board.

https://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic.php?t=3385

I'm sure well all be thinking about him and praying for his recovery.

Sentry1

Wow. I hardly know what to say, this is such shocking news. What a major bummer. I did some business with Chris last year and had some very enjoyable exchanges with him about our favorite subject. He's really a good guy and I wish more than anything else that he recovers as soon as possible so he can get back to everything he loves most. My prayers are with you, Chris!!!

I am utterly shocked by this terrible news!!

Having bought some of his gear and exchanged emails over the past six months, I can easily say he is the nicest guy I have ever done business with. He always has time to chat and is very eager to share his passion and knowladge on the USCM. If it wasnt for him, Hot Toys might never had developed their own line of Aliens figures and his 1/6 APC has got to be the best Aliens collectible ever made!

My thoughts are with you Chris and hoping you pull through and recover quickly.

I never met or really interacted with him, but I did buy that Hudson head from him and was planning on getting some other stuff later on. To read the messages on that other forum, he must be a great guy. I really hope he pulls through.

Does anyone know if there is an update on Chris's condition at the hospital? Please post here if you know anything. Thanks!

Well, if you read the last posts in the thread linked to in the first post, you'll see there are some updates. He appears to be doing a little bit better -- stable, but still very serious condition.

There are not enough good things that can be said about Chris. Hang in there brother. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

This is horrible news.... I hope Chris can pull through this. He really is a nice guy and it's always terrible to hear things like this happening to good folks.

You're SO right Josh! I was corresponding with Chris in e-mails about a custom Hicks shotgun holster/sheath he was helping me make for my custom Hicks I made from a Hudson. I got lots of great items from him, and his invaluable support and friendship. :D

Here's something Chris always told me in closing his e-mails. He would always say, "VBR" (meaning Very Best Regards). I thought that was very cool and always gave me a warm feeling of mutual respect and friendship when he said it. I have "borrowed" that VBR from him sometimes in closing my e-mails to friends and family. :eek: :D

Back