PFs and the limitations of space

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Martin

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been collecting the PFs since day one, and now after Darth Maul I'm officially out of space. I even had put the Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan and I'll have to put the 1:1 Maul or Jabba away to display the Speeder Bike.

The question is, do you prefer the wider, more action posed, PFs (Vader, Maul, Grievous) or the more compact figures (Leia, Han)?

With the consideration of space, I'd personally like to see this line focus on space conscious designs, and provide alternate unlit saber hilts and such so as not to have shelf space 'wasted' because of protruding elements.

Personally I think I prefer the ones that save space. However some figures look better with a bit more action. I really can't imagine Maul in a less action pose. Same with Grievous, his sheer size is what is impressive.

I like whatever best fits the character. If its someone like Maul action fits best but someone like Han/Leia a nice stoic pose is probably the best route.

I have all of the PFs so far, but my favorites are Grievous and Vader Vs Obi. Eventhough they do take up more space which sucks, they draw the most attention.
I, too, am officially out of space!

I really like that Leia can go just about anywhere, and Greivous is a real pain to find a place for. Right now I have him on top of a Deltof. But I agree that it's the perfect pose for the character.

I do think that Maul could have a more economical pose though. And the idea of Vader and Obi-wan dueling is a good idea, but limits the display possibilities. Personally I'd like to see Anakin with his saber pointed more down - but I'll always prefer aesthetics over ease of placement. I have absolutely no room either and will have to rotate stuff for the speeder bike.

I really like that Leia can go just about anywhere, and Greivous is a real pain to find a place for. Right now I have him on top of a Deltof. But I agree that it's the perfect pose for the character.

The Grievous does rock, but imagine the same pose, but with his arms behind his back, as if he was walking. THe character wrapped his arms this way a few times, and it would have been beautiful with the cape...

As for the Vader and Obi-Wan, I wish SSC would make a base that fit both of them together with a single power source. I love those statues, but I dislike how the bases don't fit together.

As for the Vader and Obi-Wan, I wish SSC would make a base that fit both of them together with a single power source. I love those statues, but I dislike how the bases don't fit together.

Great idea/suggestion, it's been done - a la Frankenstein and his Bride.

The anakin does have a suttle pose to him and thats what I like... however I agree about some characters need to be shown in an action pose. That said I think as long as they are done right they all couls be awesome in "non-action" poses. :D

I'd love a maul standing there as the door opens with his hood on and head bowed down. :chew

Not sure what your set up looks like, but start working UP if you haven't already.

I don't collect PFs but here is my room (a bit messy though).

shelf2.jpg
[/IMG]

I love that ANH Yavin Temple dio you have going. :rock :rock

Per the limitations of space....

Rotation is the answer. It keeps your display fresh and uncluttered.

Thanks Pix. Rotation...man its so hard for me. I just want to show it all, all the time, but yeah, it kinda looks like a clutter too though.

I barely have enough room for the 1/6th scale figures that I have...

Meaning no PFs for me...:(

I do think that Maul could have a more economical pose though. And the idea of Vader and Obi-wan dueling is a good idea, but limits the display possibilities. Personally I'd like to see Anakin with his saber pointed more down - but I'll always prefer aesthetics over ease of placement. I have absolutely no room either and will have to rotate stuff for the speeder bike.

I'm in the same boat with the biker scout. I can fit a few more 'normal' PF's in my case but that thing will take up an entire row. I'm trying to think of some good places for the Yoda and Maul bust so i can put it in my case. If I can't, I may have to give it the dreaded ax.

You all have more room, just be creative! Top of the toilet tank, top of the fridge.

There's no more room when every inch of wall space in you living quarters and top of all solid furnishings are COVERED in stuff. Than you're done.....until you look at your car!

Rotation is the answer. It keeps your display fresh and uncluttered.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

Clutter is THE WORST. There comes a moment where a "collection" reaches critical mass, imho, and then becomes so overwhelming that the nice individual pieces in the collection go completely overlooked and unappreciated, overshadowed by THE COLLECTION itself. I learned this the hard way many years ago. I scaled back, got rid of a bunch of junk and have never looked back since. :rock

I am wondering how much would running out of space affect sales of SSC?

You folks in the US might have lesser of such a problem. In Asia where living space is limited an ever growing collection does post a problem in time.

I don't own any PF, but I have almost all the 1/6 scale stuff (except EU). I ran out of display space a while ago.

I love the 1/6 scale stuff so much that its not quite possible for me to stop collecting. I never like cluttering my display cabinet, for the moment I can only rotate my display till I move into a bigger place.

To me, the more dynamic and interesting the composition of the PF, the better it is for it. Maul and Grievous have more going for them because their poses suggest life and capture and in action moment, where the others are more like 3D promo images, which is ok for some characters, especially many of the ones done so far.

Not sure what your set up looks like, but start working UP if you haven't already.

I don't collect PFs but here is my room (a bit messy though).

shelf2.jpg
[/IMG]

you painted a C3PO like in the droids cartoon ? Nice.Love it.

you painted a C3PO like in the droids cartoon ? Nice.Love it.

Yeah, mostly inspired by the Clone Wars V2, still need to get a black cloak to recreate the funny scene in the alley where he undresses and they play burlesque music. :lol I was way sloppy with the wires, but overall I like it.

c3po.jpg

Mace don't tolerate 3PO's flamboyance much.

Back