Is there anything I can do or am I screwed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitFisto

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, good old Sony....Why would their wireless headset be easy like the one for 360??

So I bought the Bluetooth headset. I didnt know you had to "register" it and type in some stupid passcode for it to work. Naturally I threw away the instructions and the box so I don't have the passcode needed.

Is the passcode different for every one of them? I am sure it will be so that now means I have to go buy another headset for $53 right? Is there anyway around this?

Edit - It's the wireless headset made by Gameshark

See if they have anything on their website or try either 4 zerosor 5 zeros. That is the default for a lot of headsets.also do you know how to get the headset intopairing mode? I don't have a PS3 but sounds like that it work the same as connecting a headset to a phone.

I had the same problem with mine.
It was tought to find, but I didnt finally find a pdf of the instruction book for my headset online to get the code.

Ok, good old Sony....Why would their wireless headset be easy like the one for 360??

So I bought the Bluetooth headset. I didnt know you had to "register" it and type in some stupid passcode for it to work. Naturally I threw away the instructions and the box so I don't have the passcode needed.

Is the passcode different for every one of them? I am sure it will be so that now means I have to go buy another headset for $53 right? Is there anyway around this?

Edit - It's the wireless headset made by Gameshark

I told you this thing is not as good. :rolleyes:

Thanks to Kain we got it working....Now if we could only figure out why we could not join chats with each other and why it would not allow us to join games we created. we both kept getting error messages saying "Game may already be full" when it wasn't.

Thanks to Kain we got it working....Now if we could only figure out why we could not join chats with each other and why it would not allow us to join games we created. we both kept getting error messages saying "Game may already be full" when it wasn't.

I don't mean to hate on the PS3. After all I own one. It is just not as user friendly as the 360. Not by a long shot.

I don't mean to hate on the PS3. After all I own one. It is just not as user friendly as the 360. Not by a long shot.

I agree FULLY. You can't seem to check messages w/o backing out of a game you're playing. You can't join games people invite you to. The chat feature would not work. It's not even close to as "user friendly" as XBox Live is.

I can honestly say that after messing with the PS3 last night for over an hour and not getting much done that most of my games I plan to play online will be purchased on the 360. I will only buy PS3 games that are not made for the 360.

Xbox is by far superior online than the Sony consoles ill admit also, PS2 online was really bad when i had it. I was playing need for speed underground 2 with a mate at that time.

:lecture

My brohams (BM and Kit), you do realize that the PS3 is over a year behind the 360. Give em credit for being in a competitive market and being behind in that market.

Once again, "Home" will fix all this stuff. :duff

:lecture

My brohams (BM and Kit), you do realize that the PS3 is over a year behind the 360. Give em credit for being in a competitive market and being behind in that market.

Once again, "Home" will fix all this stuff. :duff

They knew what they were up against when they came out with the PS3. They could have easily worked on that before release, but just getting it out there was more important to them.

They knew what they were up against when they came out with the PS3. They could have easily worked on that before release, but just getting it out there was more important to them.

and? what's the point? wii didn't work theirs out either, and nobody is talking about their online service...

and? what's the point? wii didn't work theirs out either, and nobody is talking about their online service...

I would if I owned a Wii :lol

Seriously though, I am surprised at how difficult the Sony network is to use and the lack of the features they actually have just not working at all.

I am sure it will get resolved, but I am a little surprised at how poor the features work.

I will not complain about XBox live anymore :eek:

I would if I owned a Wii :lol

Seriously though, I am surprised at how difficult the Sony network is to use and the lack of the features they actually have just not working at all.

I am sure it will get resolved, but I am a little surprised at how poor the features work.

I will not complain about XBox live anymore :eek:

I hear ya, but time will solve all. Just like you said, they'll work it out. The more games I can play online with the 360, the PS3 and the Wii, the happier I am with my purchases. They'll catch up.

The point it that Sony didn't give a crap about how well it works as long as they could say that had online capability when they released it.

Wii is seriously a different thing then PS3 and 360. Yes they all are made to play games but Wii was not made to be a direct competition of the 360 it was making its own path where PS3 was made to directly compete with the 360. Sony knew they needed to have a online play ability similar to Live but they didn't really build it they just made something that would function and then said that good enough for now we can say we have the capability.

Its like I told Kit last night. It took 2 people on Xbox Live chat to figure out how to do stuff on the Playstation Network. I have racked my brain all day long trying to figure out what was wrong with chat and why we could not connect to each others games.

Its like I told Kit last night. It took 2 people on Xbox Live chat to figure out how to do stuff on the Playstation Network. I have racked my brain all day long trying to figure out what was wrong with chat and why we could not connect to each others games.

That was the funny part. Kain and I were talking to each other over our 360 headsets trying to figure out the PS3 stuff!!! :lol

Eh, maybe it's just me then. Knowing that the PS Network will come along soon, I'm ok with that. After playing Drakes, I think i'm more excited about my PS3 now than I ever was before. And with the promise of good games coming our way and Home coming soon, it will just get better. If there is a hill, i'd say we are headed upwards, so i'm ok with it.

Back