Assassins Creed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfoga

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know there is probably an old thread about this somewhere but I didn't feel like searching.

This is a great game and is on sale at Best Buy for 39.99 for 360. If you were thinking about this game now is great time to get this.

I got it for the PS3 and I love playing this game...stealth kills are great :D

This is the best game I have EVER f'n played. Totally love it...as you can tell by my new sig and avatar. :lol Can't wait for the sequel. :rock

This is the best game I have EVER f'n played. Totally love it...as you can tell by my new sig and avatar. :lol Can't wait for the sequel. :rock

Yeah, what the F' happened to The God Of War?

Oh, and Assassins Creed is a sweet game, loved the whole sci-fi aspect, and motion capture of Kristen Bell. Hatchi Matchi.

Couldn't help but yell "Dirka, Dirka!" when I killed someone.

This game is bad ass, I am addicted to it! My one gripe is that the missions are a bit repetetive, but they are still cool. Great story, voice acting and graphics make this a 9/10 for me!! :rock

This game is bad ass, I am addicted to it! My one gripe is that the missions are a bit repetetive, but they are still cool. Great story, voice acting and graphics make this a 9/10 for me!! :rock

Agreed, the game is fantastic with amazing graphics, great story and controls but the ultimate disappointment is that the missiongs get repetitive. Since UbiSoft is aiming at a trilogy with this IP, perhaps they can fix that for the next game.

Yeah, what the F' happened to The God Of War?

Oh, and Assassins Creed is a sweet game, loved the whole sci-fi aspect, and motion capture of Kristen Bell. Hatchi Matchi.

Couldn't help but yell "Dirka, Dirka!" when I killed someone.

Well after playing Assassin's Creed I realized it blows Kratos and God of War out of the water. I can't even compare them....Granted when GoW3 comes out for the PS3 maybe I'll think differently, but AC offered a totally new gaming experience for me. it was like I was somewhere else....another place...another time....beautiful graphics...great interactions....interesting plot/storyline with nice twists. i agree that they could have mixed up the investigation challenges a bit more...they were a bit repetitive...but that was a very minor complaint for me. Near the end when you go to the middle districts of the cities...with all the people, beggars, drunks...that was interesting. When I got really frustrated with drunks blowing my cover when they bumped into me, I resorted to running around the city killing them all to let off steam....sadly they didn't stay gone but it was still fun. Finding all the flags is kinda frustrating...I like to fully complete a game...so now that I have finished the game, and killed all the templars I'm running around the cities killing annoying people and trying to find all the flags. I've created my own mini games....how many citizens can I kill without getting noticed. :lol Makes it a bit more interesting as I try to find those darn flags. Anyway, really looking forward to the sequel. I also heard that studios were looking into making this a movie. I also heard that about GoW and that didn't happen....but this has a very intriguing plot that could make for a good script.

Well after playing Assassin's Creed I realized it blows Kratos and God of War out of the water...
Now, I don't know about that! :D They are two different types of games, GoW is strictly an action game, while AC is plot driven and investigations allow you to advance. In terms of fun factor, i'd say that God of War is more fun, Assassins Creed is more interesting and the story engulfs you the further you go.

Now, I don't know about that! :D They are two different types of games, GoW is strictly an action game, while AC is plot driven and investigations allow you to advance. In terms of fun factor, i'd say that God of War is more fun, Assassins Creed is more interesting and the story engulfs you the further you go.
I agree GoW is fun...a lot of fun...i've played it several times....but as you said, AC really engulfs you. I've played it through twice...and I still am enjoying it just running around exploring all the areas....causing trouble....even though the game itself has ended (i've completed all the missions) I can still have fun doing my own thing. granted that will probably get a little old after awhile...but if I had to choose between the 2 which game I enjoyed the most and really hooked me in, it would be AC. Most games I play I can finish in one to two days....the only exceptions being RE4 and now AC. (woops and the Final fantasy games) I like that....I like playing a game that takes time and challenges me more mentally than just mashing buttons like GoW. I still love GoW...don't get me wrong and I'm also really looking forward to GoW3....but I like AC better. :)

I know I'm gonna take some heat for this, but; I REALLY think That once Again, Ubisoft Dropped the ball here. This game could of been PEREFECT with one or two Minor tweaks. Granted, It is a great game, and easily one of the best releases of Q4, and I do like it, but It could of been MUCH better. Things i would of changed
1) Make buildings more than just static obsticles. it would of been nice to bee able to go inside EVERY one of them. i know that sounds like alot of work, but from a design standpoint, cgrating an interior for the buildings is not that complicated, especialy considering the buildings are somewhat repetitive and simple in design ( Note, i'm not bashing the designers here, rather I'm refering to the period archatecture of the game, houses in this period were very Basic) This could of provided some fascinating chase cequences even more impressive than those we were already given.

2) Give us a few more options for investigations. i would of liked to been able to interagate someone by knocking them out, dragging them to a rooftop, and then dangleing them over the edge. Just an example, but it gets VERY repetitive, just Beating someone, eavsesdropping, and pickpocketing them.

3) give the players less inforation when they arrive. Don't even tell us where to start looking for information, just check in with the bureo, and start the hunt. Let everyone there have more static dialoge, and let the player interact with more of the generic npc's. Make us think a bit more. This does two things for me. One, this makes the game a little harder, and two, this would, in my opinion take some of the repition out of it.

On the up sde, Ubisoft seems to generaly have tried to bring us a fantastic game, I'm certian they will listen to their customers as such, and make dramtic improvents for the next one. :)

Jen, have you played the Prince of Persia games?

no I have not.....you recommend? there are so many games I've never heard of. :lol I just ended up playing the same ones over and over....or see something on sale and decide to try it out. I did that with Shadow of the Colossus and ended up hating it....found it very boring...but I may give it another try. Also did that with RE4 and GoW which I ended up loving. I don't check any gaming sites so I don't really know what the latest games are or the favorites. i tend to go by target or GameCrazy every few weeks or so and just see what they have....then buy what seems up my alley.

Highly. The series was created by the same team who did Assassin's Creed. I haven't played Assassin's Creed, but I've heard there are similarities.

Well then I DEFINITELY need to check it out...thanks for the heads up Batty. :D :rock

Another thing I really like about AC is the music. It's so great....I've been looking for downloads of it and have only found 2 from Jerusalem....wish they had the others...I especially love the song that plays when you are riding from the Assassin headquarters towards the Kingdom. They should sell it...I would buy it anyway....or it would have been cool if it was included in a Limited Edition or Exclusive release. If anyone knows where you can download other tracks from the game, please let me know. :)

I have it sitting on my shelf, need to pop it in and play one day.

For anyone interested in the Assassin's Creed figure there is a cheap 7 inch by Neca or a very nice 12 inch made by Ubisoft that Toynk is selling for $60. I just bought the Ubisoft one (I was very disappointed with the figure Neca made of Kratos from God of War) and will post pics when I get it. :D
ubi11190395874778.jpg

And I found almost all the songs from the game as well as the kick ass cello song from the trailer. If anyone wants links let me know. :)

I've been really wanting to get this game, but haven't had the chance yet. It looks fantastic and from hearing all the praise here... it must be great.

I hope to grab it one day, maybe in a few months once I get comfortable in school and know where my money situation is. :lol

Back