Remember Smaug Fury's fraudulent auction?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lasher33

And the resulting strife on the board?

And how it was copied by an Austrian scammer?

Well... yesterday I met a Dutch collector who had fallen victim of this Austrian.
He had indeed received a "Flame of Udun" statue, where he expected to have landed a Daddy 'Rog for E1.500,-

Stupid that he bid on it? Didn't he read it well enough? Should he have asked more questions? Should he have informed with other collectors?

Perhaps... but what if he recognises it as a deal not-to-be-missed? And what if he read it well, but did not particularly recognise the pictures as the FoU? What if he did ask some questions, but the answers were cleverly worded so as not to raise any suspicion? And what if he did not know any other collectors quite as fanatic? Or he did not want to draw attention to this particular auction, in order to get the best chances?

As was debated at length back then, not everybody that collects these things is omniscient in the details of each picture, description or detail. Not everybody that sees a deal for a E1.500,- Balrog is immediately alarmed by its price. And not everybody is a member of this forum and the well-informed status that -hopefully- comes with it.

Sad to see the results from these fraudulent practices first hand.

Poor bloke, hard really to think of what he could do. Booing time for SF and the Austrian seller! Boooooo!!

Yeah, that caused a @#%$ storm on the board thats for sure. The bidder should always be aware of what they are buying, but as an honest seller on ebay when I do sell stuff I cannot imagine myself doing something like what these two did. It shows in a lot of ways just what kind of person you really are.

Thanks for posting this Peter. I still haven't seen any feedback on Smaug's Ebay ID (Morgul_Blade) for his transaction, although I haven't checked in a while. I still wonder if he bid on it himself with his alternate ID Smaugs_Fury. I would wager that he did just to piss the board off.

Actually, go enter Smaugs_Fury in an ebay member search. It comes up as a bunch of letters and numbers. :lol Looks like he changed it to something random in order to throw the search function off. Guess what moron? I'm sure you still read this board, and it still searches your previous ID.

The adsfjsabjbsjldadfklsjafldsfalkd membership has apparently been cancelled. :dunno

If you're so desperate that you need to know Smaugs ebay id, pm me :poke :poke :poke

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

nice to see you all are still up to your same old rhetoric...

give it a rest...

:rolleyes

nice to see you all are still up to your same old rhetoric...
As are you, Diesel.

Clearly you have not been on the receiving end of this fraud. Nor have you witnessed the first-hand results.

And to make it clear: it was not SF's auction that ensnared this guy, it was the Austrian scammer's. However, it was SF's original idea that was copied.

No, I am well aware that it was not SF's auction that landed this putz in the dumbhouse...

While I feel bad the for fool that paid for something without knowing what it was, I am sick and tired of people being "allowed" to bad mouth certain members of the board, while others are seemingly off limits...

:rolleyes

Diesel, for once why don't you stop being the smart A$$ you think you are and shut the heck up.No-one here wants or even bothers about what you say anymore.

For pity sake stop judging people you know nothing about, calling this person a 'putz' or a 'fool' when you know nothing of what actually happened makes you come out the fool for making the comment.For all we know this guy did ask questions and was given photos but was lied to.
Did you ever think of that?. No, because you dive in with your arrogant attitude judging everything and everyone that does not fall into your low-life catagory.

I'm sick to death of reading ignorant/rude/hostile comments from you and SF and other people like you that are only out to stir trouble on the Board.
YOU and your friends are the reason people have left this board so do everyone a favour a leave.

Funny you're still defending Smaugs Fury there Diesel.

I wonder why that is..................... :dunno

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

JS

While I feel bad the for fool that paid for something without knowing what it was, I am sick and tired of people being "allowed" to bad mouth certain members of the board, while others are seemingly off limits...

Sorry I gotta say something on this. Diesel you need to heed your own words then since you seem to think I'm yours, CCT, SF, and a couple other personal whipping boy. You seem to bad mouth me whenever you get a chance. So bad mouthing someone who has done stuff like this is bad but bad mouthing someone like me who is just a passtionate fan and really likes everything about this stuff is ok? :dunno

Diesel is nothing more than an attention whore who has a constant case of PMS..

They both crave constant attention.. Like a small child they act out to get it..

Simple Child psychology to figure them out..

Back