Getting a little tired of XBox live

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitFisto

Super Freak
Reaction score
No, not tired of playing with the freaks or having fun, but I am getting tired of how often it's "down" or not working properly.....espectially over the last month or two.

Tonight is more of the same. Can't look at a friends list or even stay signed unless I put a game in. Then it keeps popping up that I have 27 friends online, then 5 friends, then 3 and then 25 every 10 seconds or so.

I love it when it works, but don't like paying for a service that keeps having problems like this over and over.

i agree. it may be outgrowing its structure. it seems to keep happening on saturday when i would guess the largest number of users would be online. pissing me off too.

I know what ya mean Kit I am drunk and ready to get my ass kicked by the freaks but can't see if any of you are on. I think I will go play UT3 untill its fixed.

Most of me is ticked it's down, while we're paying 60 bucks a year for it but the other IT work-related part of me also realizes sometime poop just happens, no matter what you do to try to avoid it.

Hopefully they're working on it and it'll be resolved shortly.

Most of me is ticked it's down, while we're paying 60 bucks a year for it but the other IT work-related part of me also realizes sometime poop just happens, no matter what you do to try to avoid it.

Hopefully they're working on it and it'll be resolved shortly.

Yeah, I totally get that it happens, but it's been happening a lot the last months or two and when it does it seems to take HOURS to get resolved. I would not complain it if was free, but they seem to need some upgrades or something.

I am to busy watching the game. Now if it's not up in about 40 minutes then I shall be pissed.

Sort of, the service is paying for access to content and the use of servers, and if $50 a year from millions of users isn't enough to make sure that there are enough servers running and not crashing then something is wrong.

Really for what they get there shouldn't ever be any problems. I'm paying more for this than my internet service and yet my internet service is more reliable.
Wait you pay less the 5 dollars a month for internet? I know most people are paying at least twice as much for internet service then live.

Still yes they are having issues of late. I still think they have done an overall good job. It seems bad since they have had 2 in last month but I can't remember one single outage before that this year.

Wait you pay less the 5 dollars a month for internet? I know most people are paying at least twice as much for internet service then live.

Still yes they are having issues of late. I still think they have done an overall good job. It seems bad since they have had 2 in last month but I can't remember one single outage before that this year.

eh, well, I guess per month it's different. Ah well, I'm sick right now so I get kinda weird.

I started having problems during the Christmas break, down for about a day. Intermittently during the week LIVE would sign me out, and couldn't log in. Then yesterday I got "Can't sign on to messenger" "You need a active connection" trying to set up matches, and ridiculous load times when I actually could find a match in COD4.

I noticed alot of Freaks signing off and on, and I knew they were having problems as well.

You would think what we pay $50/yr x millions of users, and Microsoft a multi-billion dollar company can afford to upgrade their servers to anticipate the rush of new users.

That is one of the main problems with online games in general. I honestly do not have an xbox, but I played SOCOM alot on the PS2. That had the same up and down issues. I now only get first person shooter multi player games for the PC. Just as competetive, great graphics and guaranteed uptime as long as your internet connection is working. I got COD 4 and UT 3 for xmas and I love it!

Just a thought to try and sway some people to play on the PC :monkey3

Remember Servers are not the only factor. They also have to have internet connection. The probably have a number of lines, but if I trunk of lines goes down (could be provider and out of there control) that could cause major issues. Its very obvious to me those who have worked in IT and those who have not. Sorry bigger servers isn't always the answer. Plus testing the capacity of software/server is VERY hard when you taking about the usage they have.

If it keeps happening on a regular basis they I will get all up in arms about it but seriously Live have been VERY reliable IMO. Most sites that get spikes of traffic will have issues every once in a while.

Just a thought to try and sway some people to play on the PC :monkey3
:rotfl:rotfl:rotflWhy do I want to pay as much as I did for my 360 for a video card that will run the game just about the same. :D

Seriously I would prefer live for the reason that things are a lil more controlled. I know back in the day people had servers, and to connect to this server you needed this anit cheat software, but that software didn't allow you to connect this server. With live is not an issue.

Good to know its not just me. My xbox live has been acting retarded lately. The 3 left dashboard menus that require xboxlive to run won't load.

From Major Nelson's blog:
You may have noticed that the LIVE service has been having a few issues over the past few days. This includes things like signing in, matchmaking and account recovery. Not everyone has had problems, but I know some of you have and I wanted to give you and update. While the service was never completely offline, problems like this are not acceptable. The entire LIVE team has been working day and night to ensure that you can have a great LIVE experience. While we’re not done yet, I wanted to let you know that things are getting better each hour and that no one on the team is going anywhere until the job is done. Thanks for your patience.

https://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/12/29/xbox-live-status-12-29.aspx

I know what you mean bro. I really wanted to play with you guys last night but I couldn't stay logged in and it looked like no one else was either. Finally ended up playing some Mass Effect.

Back