Pippin and GTWSF (4 photos)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thos pics do Pippen much better justice than the others i've seen...

not sure how these 2 make companion pieces though...

Yup

not sure how these 2 make companion pieces though...

I agree, they DON’T!

They make terrible companion pieces as a matter of fact! :puke

Pippin is going to be a stand alone……………..

Re: Yup

pippin with a face like that should be in a bending over pose, then he would fit snugly under shadowfax and there ya go perfect companion piece

Great pics.
And when is SS gonna offer you the freelance photo contract???

:naughty :lol

And regarding all this talk about 'companion pieces', I don't think Pip and GTWSF were made to be as such in the tradition of Eowyn/ML, but the correlation is pretty clear I thought. Pippin spends most of his time in ROTK at the side of Gandalf. It's not hard to imagine Gandalf busy taking out some orc while Pippin runs around looking frightened.

At any rate I myself do not have them next to eachother- I prefer to just have GTW next to RWOS on one shelf and nothing else. This is how Pippin is displayed currently:

pip58dp.jpg

Those look great together.I may steal your idea if I get that Eowyn piece.

Re: LOOKS BETTER!

LoL, I think that last display looks terrible!! But people will remain people and so does taste ^^
I think it looks terrific with Gandalf. Just as someone said, Gandalf is busy stabbing some Orc while Pippin sees something terrifying coming near.
On the statue itself, I think it looks crap. And I'm very very happy I cancelled mine.

pippin with a face like that should be in a bending over pose, then he would fit snugly under shadowfax and there ya go perfect companion piece

I had to laugh out loud on that one. One thing is for sure Chuck, there's no possible way to add a puny Fell Beast to your trio. Such a pity too. Another bad Weta call...

Those look great together.I may steal your idea if I get that Eowyn piece.

Please do! It's yours to steal :naughty

But people will remain people and so does taste

There's certainly no doubts about that ;)

Grima: well, I have the Fellbeast in another display area so I won't steal it to go here. But you're right I wouldn't put it there due to scale. That's not really an attack on the Fellbeast though, it's not as if Weta could've produced a 1/6 FB.

I could definitely put the ML there as the sculpts are pretty much reactions to him, with probably the exception of Theoden who was blindsided. That's why I like the grouping, athestically, it clicks- but I like the reactions most of all - they are all facing something terrible. The Rohirrim are brave and determined, while Pippin is terrified as a Hobbit would be.

Thanks for those pics! Nice one about the positioning of Pippin next to Shadowfax. I laughed pretty hard at that one! I have Shadowfax displayed high and people have commented on the realism. :lol

Pippin with Gandalf the White or Gandalf on Shadowfax would be great. It is obvious Pippin is looking up in terror at something, and I because he is wearing Gondorian Armor, I would say it is Wiki on Fell Beast.

Another great display would be Pippin, Gandalf the White and ML together. Pippin doesn't look nice with Rohan, it looks out of place.

Back