Hot Toys Endoskeleton - Regular or Battle-Damaged?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, I can get the battle-damaged version from Sideshow for around 140 shipped. I also can get the regular version from a trusted e-Bay seller for 125 shipped. I like the skull base on the BD version (plus sideshow points). However, I like the paint job better (at least from pics) on the regular version. If you could only buy 1, which one would you pick?

I'd always go original, not that the BD version isn't original but to me its almost like picking up a battle damaged Robocop and not the original one.

Hope that makes sense. :eek:

I jumped on the regular edition when it was first released and its an amzing figure, but if I didnt have either and had to choose I would get the battle damaged, the base alone makes it worth it.

I ended up ordering the regular and put the 15 dollars I saved towards the Rocky figure. Damn, I have become an addict ... :D

I know the feeling, looked at my bank balance after launching myself into the whole aliens, marines, predator worlds !!!! big :monkey2 but also big :monkey5

Good man, good taste.............you'll love the Rocky figure, it..............well rocks! :D

Well, it came down to 2 scenarios:

The Power Loader for around 250 shipped or the Aliens Alien Warrior (which I got before X-mas for 115) plus another figure. LOL ... that 1 figure grew into 2, but still Rambo only cost 80, so it was still under 300 for all 3.

This brings my Hot Toys setup to:

Aliens Ripley
Aliens Hicks
Aliens Alien Warrior
Rambo First Blood (first version)
Rambo III
Neo from The Matrix (before they became Hot Toys, but I believe it was the same core company)
Rocky
Battle Damaged Predator 2 on order
Jack Sparrow

I would like to eventually get a version of Robocop, but the Battle Damaged McFarlane 12 inch is nice enough for the time being.

The other irony is that, the huge Star Wars fan I am, I got the money to buy all this from selling Star Wars busts and a Vader Statue (which was replaced by the Empire Kneeling version). So, technically, I only spent about 50 dollars new money ... the rest was a "reallocation" of collectibles LOL.

I pretty much am safe for now. I really don't want any of the AVP items. I enjoyed the movies, but I never liked the giant blade look. In fact, the only 3 Hot Toys figures (beside Robocop) that interest me right now are Will Turner, Cannibal Jack, and John Travolta's character from Ladder 49.

Pretty safe financially ... unless they announce Predator 1, clear domed Alien, or shudder the Alien Queen.

The Power Loader for around 250 shipped or the Aliens Alien Warrior (which I got before X-mas for 115) plus another figure. LOL ... that 1 figure grew into 2, but still Rambo only cost 80, so it was still under 300 for all 3.

Aliens Ripley
Aliens Hicks
Aliens Alien Warrior
Rambo III
Neo from The Matrix (before they became Hot Toys, but I believe it was the same core company)
Rocky
Jack Sparrow

I would like to eventually get a version of Robocop, but the Battle Damaged McFarlane 12 inch is nice enough for the time being.

The other irony is that, the huge Star Wars fan I am, I got the money to buy all this from selling Star Wars busts and a Vader Statue (which was replaced by the Empire Kneeling version). So, technically, I only spent about 50 dollars new money ... the rest was a "reallocation" of collectibles LOL.

I pretty much am safe for now. I really don't want any of the AVP items. I enjoyed the movies, but I never liked the giant blade look. In fact, the only 3 Hot Toys figures (beside Robocop) that interest me right now are Will Turner, Cannibal Jack, and John Travolta's character from Ladder 49.

Pretty safe financially ... unless they announce Predator 1, clear domed Alien, or shudder the Alien Queen.

Yeah as hard as it is to find the original Robocop 1 HT figure (IMO) is a must for any collection! I love this thing, its really hard to compare any figure to it. I saw the McFarlane BD version and you're right, its not bad at all.

Also the new First Blood figure @ $80 is again IMO a no brainer, its amazing too! Sounds like you have a decent setup.

Yeah as hard as it is to find the original Robocop 1 HT figure (IMO) is a must for any collection! I love this thing, its really hard to compare any figure to it. I saw the McFarlane BD version and you're right, its not bad at all.

Also the new First Blood figure @ $80 is again IMO a no brainer, its amazing too! Sounds like you have a decent setup.

I can't figure out how to fit the new Rambo fig into my collection....i'm thinking of starting a "misc." shelf. it does looks amazing and it is the version of the figure I want most.

I can't figure out how to fit the new Rambo fig into my collection....i'm thinking of starting a "misc." shelf. it does looks amazing and it is the version of the figure I want most.

Oh its easy.................just buy the rest of the Rambo's :lol I really do think the Rocky and Rambo figures are the best bang for the buck, the skin like material makes the figure that much more detailed!

My Rambo's are my most favorite.

Aliens Ripley
Aliens Hicks
Aliens Alien Warrior
Rambo III
Rocky
Jack Sparrow

I am joining the party as well. Better late than never. I am going to cancel some Sideshow stuff so I can buy more. :monkey2 I love them but the quality is all about Hot Toys. Once you get the bastard together though. What a pain in the ass! :rolleyes:

Here is what I got so far:

Hicks
Hudson
Drake
Alien Warrior

Rambo III
Predator II

My Hot Toys include:

Predator 2
Elder Predator 2
AVP Scar Predator
AVP Chopper Predator
AVP Elder Predator
Aliens Warrior

Paid For Orders:
AVP-R Wolf Predator
AVP-R Pred Alien
Predator 2 Battle Damaged

i dont know why were posting what we own in our hot toys collection here lol.
aanyway here goes

figures in posession

predator 2

figures on preorder

predator 2 elder

figures on preorder already paid for

2x wolf pred
predalien
3x alien warrior

and finally a figure i WANT to pick up, a BD endoskeleton.:D

ahh lol..ok back to the topic of the thread, im torn between buying a battle damaged endo or a normal endo. personally i like the look of the bd endo more. does it have any shortcomings though? in terms of accessories? ive noticed it has a pretty cool stand:monkey5

Oh hot toys.......don't you just love'm.........started collecting in August and now have in my possession -

On the shelves -

Ripley
Hudson
Hicks
Drake
Power Loader (man its big) + Ripley
Apone
Scar
Chopper
AVP Elder
Predator 2
Predator 2 Elder
AVP Alien, special edition x2

In the delivery chain

Vasquez
Celtic
Ancient Predator, Asia edition
Aliens Warrior, repaint version
Aliens Warrior, normal version
AVP Alien, normal version
AVP Grid

On pre order

AVP-R Predalien
AVP-R Predator
AVP-R Alien x3
Predator 2 Battle Damaged version

Work in Progress

Have picked up some bits a bobs so will be doing a few custom figures as well...e.g. Bishop, my own battle scared pred plus some other charaters so will keep you posted.

Its been expensive and the collection doesn't compare to some I have seen but makes me happy :D

The Hot Toys stuff is simply killer!

I love the standard Endo, simply because I can dirty them up as need be.

I'm such a Hot Toys whore, Here's my list

x12 Endoskeleton
x2 Endoskeleton (battle damaged)
x1 Robocop
x1 Robocop (Sideshow Exclusive)
x1 Robocop 3 w/ flight pack
x2 ED-209
x1 ED-209 (battle damaged)
x1 Hicks
x1 Apone
x1 Vasquez
x1 Hudson
x2 Drake
x1 Ripley
x2 Power Loader
x2 Aliens Alien
x4 AVP Aliens
x2 AVP Brown Aliens
x1 AVP Grid Alien
x1 Scar Predator
x1 Celtic Predator
x1 Chopper Predator
x1 Elder Predator
x1 Elder Predator (Japan Exclusive)
x1 Elder Predator (Sideshow Exclusive)
x1 Predator 2
x1 SOCOM Specter
x1 Jack Sparrow
x1 Sao Feng
x1 Elizabeth Swan
x2 Vietnam M60 Gunner
x2 Vietnam Stoner Gunner
x3 Navy Polar Mountain Striker
x2 USMC 3rd Force
x1 US Airborne Ranger
x1 160th SOAR
x1 Parajumper
x1 Rambo III
x1 Rambo
x1 Rambo First Blood
x1 Clubber Lang - Southside Slugger

There's a few other military ones that I know I'm forgetting.

On Order
x1 Predator 2 (battle damaged)
x1 Predator 2 (Sideshow exclusive)
x1 Predator 2 eldar
x1 Briareos
x1 Dueunan
x1 Leon Kennedy
x1 Leon Kennedy RPD
x1 Jack Krauser
x1 Jack Krauser (transformed)
x1 Chainsaw Killer
x2 AVP-R Aliens
x1 AVP-R Predalien
x1 AVP-R Predator
x1 Will Turner
x1 Cannibal Jack

It's an addiction. That's why they call it plastic crack.

John

Back