SSE Dracula Bust not that valuable?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkzip

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how much a SSE Dracula bust would go for? Even though there are only 35 these do not seem to sell for much of a premium, as I have not seen any sell on EBay for the inflated prices at which they are listed. My guess would be 50-100 above retail.

the UniMonster SSE's really dont seem to be climbing in value like other limited pieces do.
Which I love.

Flippers have to have a lot of patience to hold on to an SSE piece before you can cash in form it for very much.

Id think the only piece that would command a nice pricetag would be the SSE Ardeth Bay bust. ES15

Besides the Nosferatu SSE, I don't think any of the SSE editions have really appreciated much in price.

Besides the Nosferatu SSE, I don't think any of the SSE editions have really appreciated much in price.

the sse mummy and sarcophagus went for a lot. i think they made 50. i hope if they make a sse creature, that it won't be extremely limited. i'd like to get one.

35 is a really limited number so I am surprised about the Dracula bust. It is not that much more expensive than the Mummy.

well... you figure there's only a certain number of UM Collector's out there, and out of that number, only a small percentage are willing to pay for lifesize busts, and only a percentage of them have the space to make it practical, and only a certain percentage of them prefer SSE over color...

well... you figure there's only a certain number of UM Collector's out there, and out of that number, only a small percentage are willing to pay for lifesize busts, and only a percentage of them have the space to make it practical, and only a certain percentage of them prefer SSE over color...

....and only a certain amount actually like the size of it in comparison to the other busts. And only a certain amount of those actually keep theirs once that size factor gets on their nerves so bad they can't stand it and they start yelling things like :"Screw completism, I just don't like this stinking thing" and promptly sell it for what they paid for it just to be rid of it. Like me.:D

....and only a certain amount actually like the size of it in comparison to the other busts. And only a certain amount of those actually keep theirs once that size factor gets on their nerves so bad they can't stand it and they start yelling things like :"Screw completism, I just don't like this stinking thing" and promptly sell it for what they paid for it just to be rid of it. Like me.:D

I wonder why Sideshow has not gone to the 1/2 scale bust for UM like they have done with Marvel?

The Mummy bust is hard to find, Dracula is fairly new, it should increase in time. There both excellent pieces and rare. Frank at ES 100 seems a bit too high. I wonder what Vampyre will be.

The Mummy bust is hard to find, Dracula is fairly new, it should increase in time. There both excellent pieces and rare. Frank at ES 100 seems a bit too high. I wonder what Vampyre will be.

Is the non SSE Ardeth valuable? I don't think even the SSE Ardeth goes for that much of a premium. This is a somewhat obscure character.

I think it also might have a little to do with the fact that a lot of the Unimonsters collector base is comprised of a higher age range. And most of us older folks dont drop huge amounts over retail for a piece. Which in turn puts a dent in the secondary market value.

I think it also might have a little to do with the fact that a lot of the Unimonsters collector base is comprised of a higher age range. And most of us older folks dont drop huge amounts over retail for a piece. Which in turn puts a dent in the secondary market value.

Most of us "older folks" ( I am 38 in Feb.)don't even like paying retail... and try every way legally imaginable to get them cheaper when possible. I refuse to eat Meow Mix just so I can have a 1:1 Frankenstein doll head sitting on a shelf.:lol

i'm the opposite... the older i get, the less responsible i get with my money... I think i'm somehow entitled... my wife doesn't seem to agree however...

Yeah..It's good in a way...it keeps the flippers away, which means TRUE collectors have a good chance of getting them for retail..or less! But, obviously that means you don't keep them for investment purposes, at least, not for the immediate future.

Keep in mind that Boris Karloff as Frankensteins Monster is extremely iconic. Not sure about the US, but here in Europe only a selected few know the original Mummy, Dracula etc. or are interested in it for that matter.

Back