interesting version of a superhero :lol

The ill Jedi
12-21-2007, 05:49 PM
:lol That looks awesome!!

Poor Walter! :rotfl

I want a Hancock 1:6 figure !! :rock

darthviper107
12-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Ehhh, I really feel sorry for Will Smith, what the hell....

The ill Jedi
12-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Ehhh, I really feel sorry for Will Smith, what the hell....
The guy's pulling in millions and you feel sorry for him? :rolleyes:

IronFingaz
12-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Looks awsome:rock:rock:rock Can't wait to see it! Gotta find out when they will show it here in denmark.

Bad day for Walter:lol

Darklord Dave
12-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Great trailer - I always love the "real world" take on superheroes. But Charlize Theron is in this film too - where was she?

Shai
12-22-2007, 02:54 PM
:lol:lol:lol hancock will be awesome !!!!

The ill Jedi
12-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Great trailer - I always love the "real world" take on superheroes. But Charlize Theron is in this film too - where was she?
I agree that the 'real world' take is funny, 'cause I know that if an ordinary person were given real powers, they'd be too lazy to use 'em. :lol I laughed so hard when I saw this, it's gonna be great.

They flashed Charlize very quickly a couple of times...

:drool :love

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/illJedi26/Misc/Charlize_Hancock_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/illJedi26/Misc/Charlize_Hancock_2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/illJedi26/Misc/Charlize_Hancock_3.jpg

darthviper107
12-22-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm just saying that it will most likely be a really crappy movie, I don't see anything that can make it good, and the plot is obvious.

darth dypshyt
12-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Yeah..When I was in LA in September, they had like a street block of Hollywood Boulevarde (I think that was the name of the street..) , Just outside Graumanns anyway..blocked off for 3-4 days filming a scene with a Big Cement truck smashed in the road, and people fleeing everywhere...Looked cool.

Darklord Dave
12-22-2007, 06:49 PM
I thought My Super Ex-Girlfriend was going to be crappy too, but I actually enjoyed it a lot. And this looks like a much bigger budget than that one. I'm looking forward to it.

Gruson
03-18-2008, 08:52 PM
I actually was chosen to be part of a test audience for this movie tonight.

The effects were about 75% done....lots of low res computer parts for a lot of the shots. Pretty neat to see.

SPOILERS BELOW:

I actually LOVED the first half of this movie. It was really good, some nice action scenes, and good comedy (not too much either). Smith was great and I was on the edge of my seat, not knowing what was going to happen next.

Then, about half way through, it starts to go downhill. I did not like the whole Greek thing and Charlize having super powers too and the whole love triangle thing....boring. No real villains either...the main bad guy was really lame.

It would have worked out a lot better if it was more of a "Superman" movie with Hancock going around, saving the planet, etc IMO because I really loved his character! He needed a good villain to battle.

There is one GREAT scene, where the "new" Hancock come into the city, with the Superman "suspense" theme playing (music right before it goes into the main theme). It worked out great but my guess is it was just a temp track. Great sequence though and I REALLY hope they keep that Williams Superman music in place.

It was good and I know what they were trying to do but I would have liked something else better (more of the first half stuff).

lcummins
04-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Just saw the trailer on TV tonight (never saw this thread for some reason) but it looks pretty good. I'll give it a chance...

Gruson
04-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Just saw the trailer on TV tonight (never saw this thread for some reason) but it looks pretty good. I'll give it a chance...

-----SPOILERS AGAIN ----

Yes, that first look during American Idol is the film I wanted it to be. :)

But, they do not show any of the second and that is where it goes downhill IMO.

That first look was awesome though and pretty much the first half of the movie (part I loved).

lcummins
04-23-2008, 06:44 PM
-----SPOILERS AGAIN ----

Yes, that first look during American Idol is the film I wanted it to be. :)

But, they do not show any of the second and that is where it goes downhill IMO.

That first look was awesome though and pretty much the first half of the movie (part I loved).

That's what I was afraid of after reading your post, but maybe they will have reworked the ending by the time it hits the theater.

BadMoon
04-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Looks dumb. I was expecting from the movie posters a military super person. I love Will but this looks like the latest Wild Wild West and will be known as a joke.

DarkArtist81
04-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Looks good to me, and I like seeing this kind of take on a superhero. Just a jackass who doesn't really care all that much, just happens to have powers. :lol

artistrex
04-28-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about this one. It looks cool while he's a hobo superhero but it kinda looses me when he goes legit.

here's a preview in case you haven't seen it.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7116

The Mike
04-28-2008, 09:13 AM
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27846&highlight=Hancock

Gotta love that Search. :monkey3

Eli26
04-28-2008, 09:38 AM
I thought My Super Ex-Girlfriend was going to be crappy too, but I actually enjoyed it a lot. And this looks like a much bigger budget than that one. I'm looking forward to it.

I was so surprized by how good My Super Ex-Girlfriend was that I purchased it on DVD, and I seldom buy DVDs. Maybe 2-3 a year at the very most.

OSCORP
04-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Looks absolutely retarded.

The Mike
04-28-2008, 10:07 AM
I have a feeling it'll be a sleeper hit, expectations are so low already they have nowhere to move but up.

Darth Caedus
04-28-2008, 12:45 PM
I was so surprized by how good My Super Ex-Girlfriend was that I purchased it on DVD, and I seldom buy DVDs. Maybe 2-3 a year at the very most.

TWO people that liked My Super Ex-Girlfriend...............................:banghead

I will admit, the flying sequence looked pretty cool. The superman in me wants to see the flick. PLUS charlize theron :love

drunk_leprechaun
04-28-2008, 01:15 PM
:lol ..this should be a fun watch.

Eli26
04-28-2008, 01:18 PM
TWO people that liked My Super Ex-Girlfriend...............................:banghead

I will admit, the flying sequence looked pretty cool. The superman in me wants to see the flick. PLUS charlize theron :love

What? It was surprisingly funny and entertaining. The sex scenes made me laugh so hard! Loved Owen Wilson's brother's expressions. Sorry, forgot the dude's name already.

Darth Caedus
04-28-2008, 03:36 PM
What? It was surprisingly funny and entertaining. The sex scenes made me laugh so hard! Loved Owen Wilson's brother's expressions. Sorry, forgot the dude's name already.

OUCH, I think that's Luke Wilson's name on his drivers license "Owen Wilson's Brother" :lol:lol

Mesa
06-08-2008, 08:13 PM
guess I'm a little late to the game, but I just saw this trailer first time tonight during lakers/celtics game #2.

I was going to start a thread titled "Hancock - Cool or Lame?" Has potential, but seemed a little Ironman-ish to me.

Isabel Skyfire
06-08-2008, 09:44 PM
I think I'll watch ... even with the SPOILERS

Blackhole
06-09-2008, 11:35 AM
:lol at the whale...

Oh, nice new sig Isabel...;)

Isabel Skyfire
06-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Oh, nice new sig Isabel...;)

:D Thx ... I made it the other day :D

Sick Boy 82
06-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Sweet new Hancock trailer!! This keeps looking better and better!! Can't wait for July 2nd!!!

Yet Another Darker Hancock TV Spot (http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/06/10/yet-another-darker-hancock-tv-spot/)

carbo-fation
06-11-2008, 05:09 PM
The trailer was really good but it gave away some spoilers. So be aware before watching!!!

uscmhicks
06-11-2008, 05:09 PM
this is looking pretty good. :rock
But who designed that damn xmen suit of his ?:o:horror:monkey3

gideon
06-12-2008, 06:12 AM
Saw the trailer at the theater and thought it stunk.

Darth Loki
06-12-2008, 07:01 AM

Thanks for elaborating :rolleyes:

The ill Jedi
06-12-2008, 07:09 AM
I was going to start a thread titled "Hancock - Cool or Lame?" Has potential, but seemed a little Iron Man-ish to me.
How is that a bad thing!? :confused:

The ill Jedi
06-12-2008, 07:10 AM
That's just YOUR opinion though and you know opinions are like A-holes, everybody's gotta have one.

That's just YOUR opinion though and you know opinions are like A-holes, everybody's gotta have one.

but not good to air in public :lol

bagelsncheesey
06-12-2008, 07:25 AM
:lecture

:lol :lol

Annnnyway, I can't wait for the movie. A superhero flick starring a hero with flaws? Kick ass.

Darth Loki
06-12-2008, 07:27 AM

And some stink worse than others

gideon
06-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Annnnyway, I can't wait for the movie. A superhero flick starring a hero with flaws? Kick ass.

Perhaps you have heard of the formula Stan Lee used at Marvel Comics for the past 40 plus years?

This is the kind of thing that passes for creativity in Hollywood. And some here lap it up like its the ambrosia of the gods.

IronFingaz
06-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Perhaps you have heard of the formula Stan Lee used at Marvel Comics for the past 40 plus years?

This is the kind of thing that passes for creativity in Hollywood. And some here lap it up like its the ambrosia of the gods.

Damn! I hope i don't end up like you when i get old.

Deadly Dagger
06-12-2008, 06:20 PM
handcock...pass

Agent0028
06-12-2008, 06:29 PM
I doubt I will see it, but it looks like it could be an entertaining movie.

gideon
06-13-2008, 08:40 AM
from IronFingaz

Damn! I hope i don't end up like you when i get old.

Be careful what you wish for because you may get it. Some people are just too naive or plain stupid to gain any sort of knowledge, experience or the perspective that comes with age. They gape at the world with wide eyes and just cannot understand when they cannot win in their 367th attempt at three card montie.

djklambake
06-13-2008, 08:47 AM
A friend of mine here in Phoenix got a chance to view a test screening of Hancock - she's not really into superhero movies (like, when you ask her how "Iron Man" was, she'll say "It was just OK. Not really my cup of tea.").

She said it was a very interesting take on the superhero genre. She indicated that there were some neat twists and turns - especially involving Charlize's character.

My friend is the type of person who sees a movie once and that's it (she says "What's the use of seeing a movie again that I've already seen."). She said she actually wants to go back and see Hancock again.

I have a couple doubts and will probably watch it on DVD.

Kind of a shame that this movie has to come out during the summer of Iron Man, Hulk and The Dark Knight.

I think it's gonna get its ass stomped.

IronFingaz
06-13-2008, 09:31 AM
from IronFingaz

Be careful what you wish for because you may get it. Some people are just too naive or plain stupid to gain any sort of knowledge, experience or the perspective that comes with age. They gape at the world with wide eyes and just cannot understand when they cannot win in their 367th attempt at three card montie.

:confused::confused::confused:

So, what, you saying i'm stupid?

Sick Boy 82
06-13-2008, 09:38 AM

Damn, jaded much?? After the continued rehashing of really amazing comic books into terrible comic book movies, I do appreciate a litttle bit of a parting with the traditonal.

So this lacks of creativity completely?? Really? I would love to see what you think has been passing for new, creative material in Hollywood lately?

Ktjn
06-13-2008, 09:43 AM
A friend of mine here in Phoenix got a chance to view a test screening of Hancock - she's not really into superhero movies (like, when you ask her how "Iron Man" was, she'll say "It was just OK. Not really my cup of tea.").

She said it was a very interesting take on the superhero genre. She indicated that there were some neat twists and turns - especially involving Charlize's character.

My friend is the type of person who sees a movie once and that's it (she says "What's the use of seeing a movie again that I've already seen."). She said she actually wants to go back and see Hancock again.

I have a couple doubts and will probably watch it on DVD.

Kind of a shame that this movie has to come out during the summer of Iron Man, Hulk and The Dark Knight.

I think it's gonna get its ass stomped.

Yeah, thats a problem. Super Hero Movie overload, and the casual movie goer gets burnt out.

Agent0028
06-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Personally I think there are very few if any original ideas in the world. The creativity comes in taking old well known ideas, stories, and themes and updating them, changing them, blending them, and shaking them up to get something that appears original. The most modern movies are retellings of the most ancient myths.

Sick Boy 82
06-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Exactly, so I don't get his complaint when he hasn't even seen the movie. I've seen plenty of horribel trailers that turned out to be amazing movies and tons of amazing trailers that turned out to be garbage movies.

gideon
06-13-2008, 12:22 PM
from Sickboy

So this lacks of creativity completely?? Really? I would love to see what you think has been passing for new, creative material in Hollywood lately?

When somebody posts that they are looking forward to HANCOCK because they get to see a superhero with real problems and fawns over that..... and when that same person somehow ignores that Stan Lee has been writing an publishing comics for the last 40+ years using exactly that same gimmick ... and when they even fail to see that many other previous films have used that exact same gimmick ... I would say that being able to recognize creativity abounds in many people.

Sick Boy 82
06-13-2008, 12:42 PM
from Sickboy

When somebody posts that they are looking forward to HANCOCK because they get to see a superhero with real problems and fawns over that..... and when that same person somehow ignores that Stan Lee has been writing an publishing comics for the last 40+ years using exactly that same gimmick ... and when they even fail to see that many other previous films have used that exact same gimmick ... I would say that being able to recognize creativity abounds in many people.

Um yeah, first off, I wasn't the one that posted I wanted to see this movie because they are showing a superhero with a problem. Jesus, read the posts.

And I didn't say the idea of a superhero with problems is a completely new idea and has never been done before, so everone must see this because it will be groundbreaking. Yes, it has been done in comics, but I also wasn't a huge comic book fan anyways. I read what I liked, so I cannot say that this exact synopsis has never been done before.

But Hancock looks really dark and I don't believe I have seen this styling done and it done this darkly. I surely haven't seen a dark, alcoholic Marvel hero character before. So just because they have done comic books about superheros with problems, they should never create a movie about a superhero with problems, even if that is only part of the whole story.

If you are going along that line, then they shouldn't even may comic books into movies, because we have already read them, so what's the use???

But whatever, I want to see this movie because it looks good, it looks interesting and I believe that it will be FUN to see. No alterior motive involved what-so-ever in seeing this movie other than that!

And this is my 2000th post, WOOT!!!

Viking28
06-13-2008, 12:48 PM
The reviews for the advance screening of this over at AICN were pretty bad, but will wait and see what everybody thinks when it comes out.

Agent0028
06-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Sounds like somebody woke up grumpy this morning...

NASEDO
06-15-2008, 07:50 AM
I heard the script for this movie was originally a new Superman Movie, but got canned. So the just changed it alittle and put Will Smith in it. I hear the reviews are bad, but I'm sure it will make big money. I'll wait for DVD.

Darklord Dave
06-15-2008, 06:38 PM
But Hancock looks really dark and I don't believe I have seen this styling done and it done this darkly. I surely haven't seen a dark, alcoholic Marvel hero character before.

Well - they did do Iron Man.

I'm looking forward to the film a lot. I like Will Smith and the whale scene is hilarious. I wish I hadn't seen that picture taken during production that's a huge spoiler - although they hint at the spoiler in the new trailers.

tomandshell
07-02-2008, 09:59 PM
So has anybody seen this one? I have the chance to go to the movies on Friday and I need to decide between this and Wanted.

OSCORP
07-02-2008, 10:11 PM
To me this just comes off as Will smith's ego. He sees all these superhero movies coming out in the past years and wants in on the action. But there's really not too many black superheros that are super popular to be made into movies at the moment. So they come up with this idea, An Anti-hero movie, that will be different but will still make willy a superhero.(or he just wants to do it for his kids, but the alcohol thing?) This is just the vibe i'm getting, i could be nuts. :)

Anyways it looks very dumb, my woman and i hated the trailer when we saw it in the theater some months back. I'm betting it bombs overall, sorry Will no big 4th of july smash hit this time.

DarkArtist81
07-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I'm really iffy on it. Wanted was good, a decent movie. Jumps around a bit, but was still very entertaining to me.

But Hancock just seems like an attempt to make a superhero movie that isn't tied to any real comic book hero or established storyline. And from the trailers I already have an idea of what the big twist will be, so it just seems like a waste of time to me...

I love Will though, I'm sure he will do fine in this film. I just think the story doesn't do anything revolutionary or have enough depth to really get me hooked. I could be wrong though, I'm interested to see what people here think.

hairlesswookiee
07-03-2008, 12:11 AM
So has anybody seen this one? I have the chance to go to the movies on Friday and I need to decide between this and Wanted.
i saw it last night.... its OK. don't go in there expecting it to be Iron Man or Dark Knight quality. i do think they could have picked a better time of the year to release it. with all the summer comic book movies coming out a lot of people are gonna give it bad reviews just because they compare it to iron man, hulk, batman, hellboy.... since they are essentially being released within a 30 day period.

To me this just comes of as Will smith's ego. He sees all these superhero movies coming out in the past years and wants in on the action.
i agree.... seems like he did this movie just to get in on some of the comic book hero action. remember when Nicholas Cage was dying to get in the Superman costume?? then he jumped on the chance for Ghost Rider?? (liked the movie, but it wasn't that great) this movie was pretty funny at some times, but they really failed in explaining some of the stuff.

plasmid303
07-03-2008, 02:02 AM
I heard Hancock was gutted by the studios, who weren't happy with the direction the film was taking - a dark examination of a lout anti-superhero - and of course they intervened. From what I've read and heard, it could have been a great movie and it has signs of it (the film was originally titled "Tonight, He Comes), but like Smith's previous flick "I Am Legend", it was patched up by bigwigs and studio execs.

I'm seeing the movie for myself later this week. I'm sure it'll pull in big bucks. But then again, it has to contend with Wall-E and Wanted, so who knows.

FQRizzo
07-03-2008, 06:29 AM
If rumors are true, Will Smith looks to be the newest Scientologist on the block. This means I won't see any more of his movies.

Sick Boy 82
07-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Who cares if he is a weirdo. I like his movies! Will still be seeing Tom Cruise in MI:4. I could care less what people do with their private lives.

FQRizzo
07-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Who cares if he is a weirdo. I like his movies! Will still be seeing Tom Cruise in MI:4. I could care less what people do with their private lives.

I care. I just told you that. :D

Darth Caedus
07-03-2008, 09:13 AM
I heard Hancock was gutted by the studios, who weren't happy with the direction the film was taking - a dark examination of a lout anti-superhero - and of course they intervened. From what I've read and heard, it could have been a great movie and it has signs of it (the film was originally titled "Tonight, He Comes), but like Smith's previous flick "I Am Legend", it was patched up by bigwigs and studio execs.

I'm seeing the movie for myself later this week. I'm sure it'll pull in big bucks. But then again, it has to contend with Wall-E and Wanted, so who knows.

Which is REALLY REALLY SAD. That's one of the reasons why I'm watching more and more independent films these days. These idiotic studio execs seem to feel that dumbing all movies down increases their profit, which is not true.

If rumors are true, Will Smith looks to be the newest Scientologist on the block. This means I won't see any more of his movies.

Yea, I can't stand people like that. I will NEVER see another Tom Cruise movie again and if this is true with Smith, I won't see another one of his films either.

FQRizzo
07-03-2008, 09:29 AM
LA Times article:

Earlier this year, Smith and Pinkett Smith garnered critical props for one of their latest philanthropic efforts: the New Village Academy. The couple poured nearly $1 million of their money into building a new private school in Calabasas that would provide financial assistance for about 80% of its enrollees and laptop computers and organic meals for every student, with the aim of grooming a "citizen of the world."

What came out in the wash last month, however, is that some of its teachers are members of the Church of Scientology and the school will use pedagogical methods called "study technology" developed by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

To wit: When production on "Hancock" finished around Christmas time last year, Smith reportedly passed out "wrap presents" to the film's crew members: vouchers good for a personality test at a local Scientology center.

Link to full article:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/celebrity/la-etw-smith3-2008jul03,0,3451808.story

Basically, it sounds like it isn't official, but he is heading down that path...

Gruson
07-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Hairless or anyone else....did they keep the Superman theme music in the movie?

SPOILERS

You can see my post on page 2. I saw this movie months ago but it was not the final version.

Did they keep the rape scene in it? The part where Wil Smith ejaculates and it goes through the roof of the motor home? LOL...not joking.
What about Charlize's character? Did she still have the long, boring talk about the Greek Gods with Will Smith? I assume they kept her having super powers?

Just curious how much was changed...I will wait for Blu Ray to watch it again but I did love the first half...before the love triangle happened.

FQRizzo
07-03-2008, 09:36 AM
:lol < LOL. I wonder if they ripped that idea off from that one scene in Mallrats.

Dusty
07-03-2008, 10:06 AM
LA Times article:

Link to full article:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/celebrity/la-etw-smith3-2008jul03,0,3451808.story

Basically, it sounds like it isn't official, but he is heading down that path...

Awwww man, that sucks. Why's he have to be crazy? He used to be so down-to-earth and cool. Freakin' Hollywood.

Bannister
07-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Awwww man, that sucks. Why's he have to be crazy? He used to be so down-to-earth and cool. Freakin' Hollywood.

I blame the fluoride and NWO. Before I started drinking fluoridated water, I was a mild mannered individual. Now I refer to myself in the 3rd person and constantly call myself awesome. Oh yeah, Bannister is awesome.

Blackhole
07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Saw the film today...

It was OK, bit of a crappy ending...

Liked the reference to Superman...

EVILFACE
07-03-2008, 10:52 AM
I figured Will Smith would be a smart man and not fall for that Scientology bs.

captain sack
07-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Hairless or anyone else....did they keep the Superman theme music in the movie?

SPOILERS

d.

no superman music, though i thought they were gonna use the john williams theme when hancock was flying in to the bank robbery scene. seems like they used a few bars of the intro then went to something new.

no rape scene and no roof blowing scene.

the charleze theron stuff is still there.

captain sack
07-03-2008, 10:57 AM

i haven't seen wanted, but did see hancock. i'd wait for the dvd rental if i could do it over.

plasmid303
07-03-2008, 04:20 PM

Coincidentally, today is Tom Cruise's (the overlord's) birthday.

Battletroll
07-03-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm going to see this movie tomorrow, but considering the initial responses on this board I'm not looking forward to it as much as I was before.

Sick Boy 82
07-03-2008, 04:49 PM

Why, look at all the people through history that believe in stuff written in a book that can't even be proven!!

Gruson
07-03-2008, 04:54 PM
no superman music, though i thought they were gonna use the john williams theme when hancock was flying in to the bank robbery scene. seems like they used a few bars of the intro then went to something new.

no rape scene and no roof blowing scene.

the charleze theron stuff is still there.

Thanks Captain, oh well.

The Superman music was great in the verison I saw. Everyone loved it.

I am not surprised they cut the rape scene and roof scene. LOL

Guess I will check it out when I can.

Bannister
07-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks Captain, oh well.

The Superman music was great in the verison I saw. Everyone loved it.

I am not surprised they cut the rape scene and roof scene. LOL

Guess I will check it out when I can.

Can you post in spoilers more details of those scenes.

Eli26
07-03-2008, 10:51 PM
I blame the fluoride and NWO. Before I started drinking fluoridated water, I was a mild mannered individual. Now I refer to myself in the 3rd person and constantly call myself awesome. Oh yeah, Bannister is awesome.

Bannister is not awesome. Nobody who eats puppies is awesome. :peace

Azrael23
07-04-2008, 01:25 PM
It appears that this film is what Superman Returns should have been.

Darklord Dave
07-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Man, I'm SO glad that I ignored the reviews. I still hate Peter Berg as a director - his style was so wrong for this film that it's not funny.

But I really, really enjoyed the film. Smith, Theron and Bateman were all fantastic - very nuanced roles and interesting characters. You actually care about them, so the jeopardy and drama is amped up. Sure there are some "convenient" plot points, but it's really more about the characters so I can forgive.

And the superhero/gods/angels backstory seemed kind of tacked on, especially the "we lose our powers when we're together" crap.

But I really enjoyed it - much darker and not as coherent as Iron Man, but I probably liked it as much as Hulk and a little more than Wanted.

But I really want a superhero movie where Angelina and Charlize get into a fight. That would be killer.

Sick Boy 82
07-04-2008, 01:58 PM
But I really want a superhero movie where Angelina and Charlize get into a fight. That would be killer.

I really want a movie where Angelina and Charlize do it!! That would be killer!

Thanks for the review Dave Going to see this in an hour!

spidermonkey
07-04-2008, 07:34 PM
I really enjoyed the movie but I liked Wanted more. In my opinion it goes.
Iron Man
Hulk
Wanted
Hancock

Agent0028
07-04-2008, 09:30 PM
I just want to say I love the spoiler thingy.

I read the movie synopsis on Wikipedia (I won't go see the movie, I'd rather see Wall-E, Hulk, and Iron Man [again]). However I can see why the second half of the movie isn't well liked. I'm not sure that its not worth seeing though. If there weren't so many other movies I wanna see, I'd see it (even knowing the second half).

UTtoyfan
07-05-2008, 08:31 AM
I just bought the Men in Black Blu-ray(on sale at Fry's for $13.99:banana) and it had this e-ticket thingy for Hancock. So I'll probably go watch it either tonight or tomorrow. I haven't heard anything about it since everything has been Dark Knight for me recently:o

DarthNeil
07-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I thought it was OK but just to show you how they dropped the ball with the marketing of this movie my wife, who's not in the know about these tyoes of things for the most part, was thinking that it was going to be much more along the lines of a comedy (Men in Black) and that's how the early trailers sold it to the general public. It was only the more recent trailers right at the time of its opening that hinted at maybe a "darker" tone.

Oh well... It was OK...

Darklord Dave
07-05-2008, 08:10 PM
I thought it was OK but just to show you how they dropped the ball with the marketing of this movie my wife, who's not in the know about these tyoes of things for the most part, was thinking that it was going to be much more along the lines of a comedy (Men in Black) and that's how the early trailers sold it to the general public. It was only the more recent trailers right at the time of its opening that hinted at maybe a "darker" tone.

Oh well... It was OK...

Would you're wife have paid for a ticket if she knew it wasn't a straight up comedy?

Giant Chicken
07-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Just got home from it. I did not have any interest in seeing the film but my wife really wanted to see it. I thought the film was entertaining but it was NOT what I was expecting... I too was expecting an action/comedy.

I really liked the movie up until...
Theron just happened to be the long lost super hero wife of Smith who was alos married to the random guy that Smith saved on the train tracks.

Even with this flaw I still thought the film was a fun Saturday flick. I did have a hard time figuring out who the film was geared too. It was not a family movie IMO due to the F-Word and the many a** h*** scenes, but it also did not feel like a 100% adult movie either.

IMO this is how the summer movies are ranked...
1) Iron Man
2) Hulk
3) Narnia
4) Hancock
5) Wanted
6) Get Smart
7) Indiana Jones (worst movie by far)

and did not get a chance to see Panda, Speed Racer, or Sex in the City and I am seeing WALL-E in the morning.

Sick Boy 82
07-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Definitely need to see Panda and Wall-E!! Both were awesome movies!!!!

DarthNeil
07-06-2008, 03:49 AM
Would you're wife have paid for a ticket if she knew it wasn't a straight up comedy?

You mean, would I have paid for the ticket if she knew what she was walking into? She thought it was OK-- just not what she was expecting and that in itself was a letdown.

They did a horrific job of "selling"/marketing this movie.

Darklord Dave
07-06-2008, 10:52 AM
You mean, would I have paid for the ticket if she knew what she was walking into? She thought it was OK-- just not what she was expecting and that in itself was a letdown.

They did a horrific job of "selling"/marketing this movie.

Yeah, but you DID buy tickets, so the marketing did it's job. If you'd known it was dark she might not have wanted to go at all.

I really liked the movie up until...
Theron just happened to be the long lost super hero wife of Smith who was alos married to the random guy that Smith saved on the train tracks.

I thought that a horrible coincidence too, but I think they addressed it when Angel said that they have to be far away or they're drawn together. Weak, I know, but at least they addressed it.

Kuzeh
07-06-2008, 10:20 PM
I liked it, not as pretentious as other Will Smith's movies...

DarthNeil
07-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Yeah, but you DID buy tickets, so the marketing did it's job. If you'd known it was dark she might not have wanted to go at all.

No... I didn't.:monkey3 A two-year old and an eight week old at home-- heading out to the theatres isn't a luxury at the moment.:naughty

UTtoyfan
07-09-2008, 10:23 AM
I just got back from seeing it. It was ok, but yeah I figured out that "twist" from the trailers alone. I did like the scene during the end credits when that thug talks about Hancock's little Wolverine costume:rotfl