I blame you ... all of you!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sigh, I was doing so well. I managed to snag Medi Vader ROTJ for 50 bucks and a figure in a hybrid trade. I picked up HT Ripley in a similar fashion I bought the Hot Toys Hicks, of course ... but I managed to snag him for 85 shipped from the Godfather before he exploded in value. Then, I started down that dark path ... I bought Medicom Fett for 140. I rationalized that he was a "mini statue" and it was a one time thing. There was no way I was going to spend over 100 dollars again on a single figure.

That was before the rush of excitement over AVPR. I never ordered the AVP Preds or Aliens due to their design. No that it was bad, but it wasn't as slick and utilitarian as the P1 and P2 designs. But I couldn't resist the Battle-Damaged P2 with exclusive Damaged Mask (yes, I know it's not screen accurate but it's too cool to pass up). So, I now have that one on pre-purchase and an Aliens Alien Warrior on its way. And, being the completist that I am, I'm trying to squeeze out enough money for the Power Loader. And, I blame all of you. If not for all the pics and praise, I would have had the will power to resist .... sigh, I am sure my creditors will send you all a nice X-mas card ... :D

Last edited:
Peer pressure, it's a motherf'r. :D Glad to be of service, now hang upside down so that Hot Toys can shake all the cash they can out of you.

it is so ****ing hard not to order that battle damaged p2.. and to this i came across this site by accident. stumbled on to the then
'hot toys predator thread" .my first collectible was when i ordered the "normal" p2 pred back in september. and since then ive bought every other p2 series figure and avp-r figures( multiples of these!). but i have to stay away from this one, cause im going to get butt raped by my bank the end of this month, so not so much holiday cheer for me:monkey2. but i know i wont regret this when im holding these figures in hand.:rock

LOL thats why i quit collecting anything thats NOT Alien/Predator man. It kills the wallet and i like not having buy dozens of pieces a month

Last edited:
LOL thats why i quit collecting anything thats Alien/Predator man. It kills the wallet and i like not having buy dozens of pieces a month

you quit??!! why what?! aaah youll be back when the next fancy piece comes out.. you know it lol.

ill quit once i get a few lost hunters( boar boar boar!!! come on hot toys, you havent milked the p2 lisence dead yet!) and an alien queen.. and maybe if im lucky enough i want 2 ALIENS warriors whose joints dont turn to dust.

Sigh, I was doing so well. I managed to snag Medi Vader ROTJ for 50 bucks and a figure in a hybrid trade. I picked up HT Ripley in a similar fashion I bought the Hot Toys Hicks, of course ... but I managed to snag him for 85 shipped from the Godfather before he exploded in value. Then, I started down that dark path ... I bought Medicom Fett for 140. I rationalized that he was a "mini statue" and it was a one time thing. There was no way I was going to spend over 100 dollars again on a single figure.

That was before the rush of excitement over AVPR. I never ordered the AVP Preds or Aliens due to their design. No that it was bad, but it wasn't as slick and utilitarian as the P1 and P2 designs. But I couldn't resist the Battle-Damaged P2 with exclusive Damaged Mask (yes, I know it's not screen accurate but it's too cool to pass up). So, I now have that one on pre-purchase and an Aliens Alien Warrior on its way. And, being the completist that I am, I'm trying to squeeze out enough money for the Power Loader. And, I blame all of you. If not for all the pics and praise, I would have had the will power to resist .... sigh, I am sure my creditors will send you all a nice X-mas card ... :D

well, I can't say anything about the predators, but for the power loader, you should wait, some of the pix on the board really make the PL better than it is. cheap looking yellow plastic, aweful electric motor, honestly, minus ripley, the PL itself shouldn't cost more than $120 tops. just wait till the holiday is over and all the vendors gonna have to slash prices to get rid of their stock.

you quit??!! why what?! aaah youll be back when the next fancy piece comes out.. you know it lol.

ill quit once i get a few lost hunters( boar boar boar!!! come on hot toys, you havent milked the p2 lisence dead yet!) and an alien queen.. and maybe if im lucky enough i want 2 ALIENS warriors whose joints dont turn to dust.

Sorry man i made a typo, i mean anything thats NOT

Is it really fair to blame all of us because you can't resist all the cool toys that are being turned out every month, with absolutely no end in sight? Just say "NO"! G'head, say it! It ain't that hard!!! :rolleyes: :monkey3 :monkey1

Consider yourself lucky that you where able to get some Medicom figures as cheap as you did. An avarage SSC 12" costs near to $100 for the European collector due to shipping and tax. A Medicom 12" ordered from SSC costs about $200... And I do belive the Australian collectors pay even more.

Is it really fair to blame all of us because you can't resist all the cool toys that are being turned out every month, with absolutely no end in sight? Just say "NO"! G'head, say it! It ain't that hard!!! :rolleyes: :monkey3 :monkey1

That's what he said after he paid for the Power Loader. NooooOOOOOOooOOOO!!!:crying:pow:toilet_cl

Well, at least someone out there is trying to help me. Just got sniped on a Power Loader on eBay for 213.05. Thank you sir .... :D

Back