GG cancels R2D2 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitFisto

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got an e-mail about it. I no longer collect the line, but GG sure has been canning a few thinngs in the last few weeks.

Gentle Giant R2-D2 statue cancelled indefinitely.

Hello Gentle Giant Collectors,

The R2-D2 statue originally scheduled to ship December 2007, is being canceled and will be resolicited. At this time, we don’t know what the new ship date will be or if the pricing will remain the same, but as soon as we have new information, we will be posting it on our website and sending out an email. For those members of our collectors club who have already placed a pre-order through our website and would like to keep your original pre-order, please confirm this AFTER the new information is sent out.

Thanks,
Gentle Giant Ltd.

What the f-ing hell!!?!?!?!!?

This was going to be the first M-Fing statue I would ever buy from these expensive cheating dumbass a-holes!!!?!?!?!

F You GG!!!

Re: Gentle Giant R2-D2 statue cancelled indefinitely.

_ /\ _ <-----Gentle Giant
( )*( )

Huh, no kidding. And from what was displayed at SDCC, this thing looked to be an amazing statue. Came with accessory parts and everything. Doesn't make sense to have 3PO and not R2. What a stupid move on their part.

r2d2.jpg

Here's to you Gentle Giant!

With everything they've been cancelling, and the aggravation and mistrust they have spread to their customers, I wonder if they will survive through 2008?.

I mean, surely a lot of their loyal fans will think twice before preordering anything from them again now...and without presales estimates the company is gonna take a serious hit.

I certainly wouldn't buy anything from a company that is that unreliable.

The ES was too big, so it got canned. It'll be back with an es of like 500. ;)

Jeez, I'm glad I'm not big on Gentle Giant. If it was Sideshow that started canceling things I don't know what I would do... Makes me wonder about the Harry Potter statues they just put up for pre-order...

I don't hate GG like some very vocal folks here. Heck I have more GG pieces than Sideshow. Some Imperials and the original Star Wars hero gang with the addition of Yoda. need a ANH Luke so I can finish it up

I am glad I gave up "collecting" from these dumbarses awhile ago, I suppose R2 isn't animated or black and white enough!?

:emperor

Back