Brown Aliens Warrior questions...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
1. Were the even any brownish bugs in ALIENS? Is the HT variant screen-accurate at all??

2. Anyone know if the HT Brown ALIENS warrior is plagued with the same breaking issues? I imagine so, but thought I'd ask the resident experts.

Thanks!

I have shared this before and I will share it with you as well. The Aliens in Aliens were not black. They were in fact brown suits. They were lit very darkly and appeared to be black. I can't seem to find the pictures.

Irish here is a costume from the movie that was sold on auction recently.

norm-453a5e36d8fd8-Aliens+%281986%29.jpeg

There is an artbook you can look at in most book stores. Just look up H.R. Giger. In one of his books there are pictures of the one stunt guy in the costume. It is a brown costume as well.

Sorry to be a pest but you asked the question. LOL! Plus I cringe when people try to say they were black. Here is a clearer picture. :cool:

norm-47676448b5554-Aliens+%281986%29.jpeg

So in my opinion the re-paint is more accurate.

The thing is, IU (in universe, i.e. pretending the movies are "real") most -if not all- fans agree that the aliens (all of them, even A3 and A:R) are shades of metallic grey and black. But for convenience's sake we just say they are "black".
:D

The thing is, IU (in universe, i.e. pretending the movies are "real") most -if not all- fans agree that the aliens (all of them, even A3 and A:R) are shades of metallic grey and black. But for convenience's sake we just say they are "black".
:D

I am not saying that they don't appear to be shades of grey or black. Just that the costumes were primarily brown. It's all how it was filmed and lit. If you want a movie accurate figure than I say buy brown and try to light it the same way. :cool:

If you want the way it appeared in the film post preduction than of course you would want black. Just know that it was a brown suit.

Either way his head still looks like a man part!

Irish - I still think they have the same problems.

This is much like the argument with Darth Vader. Vaders armor was not straight black but a mixture of black and grey. Straight flat black does not film well so filmmakers must use different colors on suits to create depth.

And I never noticed how much their heads look like a man's junk rod. :monkey4

This is much like the argument with Darth Vader. Vaders armor was not straight black but a mixture of black and grey. Straight flat black does not film well so filmmakers must use different colors on suits to create depth.

And I never noticed how much their heads look like a man's junk rod. :monkey4

Shropt you should go pick up a Giger art book. You will be shocked! Lots of sexual things going on in his art. :naughty

Still wondering if I should order one of the In-Stock Brown versions from Sideshow...

But I'm hesitant to plunk down 130 clams (plus shipping) for something that might very likely break. Hoping to hear that the brownies don't have as much of an issue as the original black versions, since they came out later.

Still wondering if I should order one of the In-Stock Brown versions from Sideshow...

But I'm hesitant to plunk down 130 clams (plus shipping) for something that might very likely break. Hoping to hear that the brownies don't have as much of an issue as the original black versions, since they came out later.

I understand your worries...
-Not even mentioned the rubber detoriaton issue-

But speaking colourwise - both look super on photo (don't hav one)

The original suits were brown , although with the effects ridley decided to use and the lighting of the movie made them appear black on screen , he liked it this way to not change the gieger design so much as geigers main use of color is black , mcfarlane also did the brown warrior , the dog alien from alien 3 is also brown but in some parts of the movie appears black. My friend actually thought there was 2 aliens when he watched it for the first time!. The brown warrior is about the same in strength , or maybe a little stronger compared to the original release , but you can't break a toy displaying them but if you plan to move em just watch what you do.
Hell , whats the point in having a toy if you can't play with it , lol.
And yes im being sarcastic i don't play with my toys , don't worry.
:rolleyes:

So in my opinion the re-paint is more accurate.

Accurrate to the props maybe, but accurrate to what you see on screen no, the first version is more accurrate. Under the film's lighting, the first figure with black body and subtle blue and tan highlights is more accurrate to delivering the screen look. Many props and creatures vary greatly between the actual item and how the final screen effects work on it.

If you're hesistant and have other stuff you're more interested in...then I say you might as well pass.

If it makes you feel any better, I got one of the brown ALIENS and he's fine,I've had no breakage or any other issues...his joints actually seem better than the original releases. On my original I've had to tighten up the hip joint using the super glue method (super-glueing the joint and then moving the joint while the glue hardens so it tightens the joint but never permanently bonds).

Back