What 1/6 Figure(s) would you NEVER Buy?...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Sure, there may be some character(s) that one may not have on their "wish list" but which one(s) would definitely not be even considered to join the ranks in your collection, no matter how nice they may come out?

My choices are simple:

1. Jar-Jar (The bane of "The Phantom Menace"...)

2. Ewoks (The bane of "Return of the Jedi"...)

These would never be part of my collection, regardless of how nice they may have turned out. Just can't stand the characters. (If forced to choose, then the Ewoks would be accepted before the miserable gungan, who STILL makes me wince each time he's on screen...)

So what say you guys?

I have no interest in Jar Jar, or 'little Anni'.

Ewoks, however, I would happily acquire.

I wouldn't buy most of the Catinia aliens. I wouldn't buy a Geonosian. I wouldn't buy any background character from AOTC. I wouldn't buy anything from the Xmas special. I wouldn't buy AOTC Obi Wan (I think... he would have to be hell-a-cool).

I would buy Jar Jar. I would buy ewoks. I would by Ice Cream Guy.

I wouldn't buy most of the Catinia aliens. I wouldn't buy a Geonosian. I wouldn't buy any background character from AOTC. I wouldn't buy anything from the Xmas special. I wouldn't buy AOTC Obi Wan (I think... he would have to be hell-a-cool).

I would buy Jar Jar. I would buy ewoks. I would by Ice Cream Guy.

I would never buy an Obi-Wan with a mullet.

I wouldn't buy Jar Jar/Ewok/background characters/pretty much only jedi-sith for me (excluding han/lando/chewy)

For a long-time SW fan/collector my list is quite long, actually.

I'm too burned out to care about obscure characters (like Praji), ones that are not iconic (like the Endor Rebels) and non-vital versions of characters we already have (liek Yavin Luke). So I'm focusing solely on the CORE characters, Jedi, and Troopers... with some iconic supporting characters thrown in (i.e. Cantina creatures, Tusken Raiders, Jawas, etc).

I can safely say that I have proved to myself and anyone else who is taking notes that I will buy absolutely ANY figure that is in the Star Wars continuum in any way.

My proof?

I bought Bib Fortuna - The absolute worst character (in my opinion) in all of Star Wars-dom. Next to Bib Fortuna, Jar Jar Binks, the Ewoks, the pit droids that performed the Three Stooges routineat the pod race...all shine like the light from a warm fire in the fireplace on a snow-stormy night. The other characters may have been silly, but at least they had depth. Even Chewbacca's family from the much-maligned Christmas special are deep, fulfilling characters when compared to Bib Fortuna.

I'm not a big Bib Fortuna fan either, but as soon as I decided to take the plunge on the 1:6 Jabba and Throne I knew that his majordomo was a must.

I actually can't think of a single character that I would definitely not buy. I'll make my decision based on the quality of the figure itself, and on the other figures that have been released up to that point.

I would love a Jar Jar even though I have very mixed feelings about the character itself. I love the gungans. (Although the Hasbo Jar Jar and Captain Tarpals are pretty good figures, actually.)

And I also love the Ewoks. So sue me.

My list of 1/6 figures I absolutely will not buy:

Ewoks
Gungans
Podracers
Most EU Characters (except for KOTOR, some Clone Wars and Republic Commando)
Any "Military" character who's not essential and doesn't wear armor (i.e, that doesn't include Tarkin... he's essential)
Background "denizens" of the galaxy that are human and not cool-looking aliens
Boring Senators (basically anyone aside from Palpatine, Padme and Organa)
Naboo folk
Little Annie

What I WILL buy:

1 each of the core characters (with a few exceptions, like Obi-Wan... I'd buy any incarnation of him)
1 each of the main ANH characters in their iconic attire (well on my way here)
Jedi
Sith
Troopers
Droids (except for the Trade Federation types)
Cantina/Jabba's Palace Aliens
Neiomodians (Nute Gunray and Rune Haako anyway)
Creatures (ie, Tusken Raiders, Jawas, Wampa, Kaminoans, Ugnaughts, Utapau, etc)

Definitely no Jar Jar, and I'm not interested in Obi from AOTH or TPM, or Anakin from TPM. I might buy a kid Ani... sure he's annoying, but it is the start point of Vader.

I'll also stay away from multiples in the military. I'll probably just get one of each as a representative of that scene.

Definitely no Jar Jar, and I'm not interested in Obi from AOTH or TPM, or Anakin from TPM. I might buy a kid Ani... sure he's annoying, but it is the start point of Vader.

I'll also stay away from multiples in the military. I'll probably just get one of each as a representative of that scene.

Thats unbelievable... Possible one of the coolest potential figures. (I hope you won't buy it because you have the sunohc version). :tap

I must have each and every film incarnation of Obi-Wan (except the Jedi spirit, which couldn't work logistically) + Clone Wars version w/ armor.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

I can't really say i would not but any character, im trying to think of one but none instantly come to except maybe ep1 yoda and yaddle, i really did not like the way they looked.

The original TPM Mongoloid Yoda will no longer be "canon" when LFL next releases TPM (Rob Coleman's team has completely replaced TPM Yoda with the ROTS CG model). No worries there.

And Yaddle is a chick. :monkey1:monkey4

i say i won't buy certain characters. but i end up breaking down and buying them after a while because i have to have them all.

Thats unbelievable... Possible one of the coolest potential figures. (I hope you won't buy it because you have the sunohc version). :tap

Whereas I like Obi Wan from the first Film... I don't think I'd ever display him over the ROTS version. And I'd rather have Qui Gonn and the ROTS version version of Obi-Wan together as both representing the final steps of the characters in the PT.

Now if it gets released I may change my mind, but its seriously one figure I've never really wanted :huh

Back