Chronicles of Riddick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chaver

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I just thought that there should be a Chronicles of Riddick thread since I really did'nt notice one.I really loved the movie and was really hoping for sequel.Post your thoughts.

I love this movie.

IMO it is very underrated.

The production design on the film is outstanding!! I haven't been that impressed since Aliens.

A sequal though would kina suck. The ending of Chronicles was just perfect for the character. Very Conan-ish. Exploring what happened after Chronicles wouldn't be as interesting as a movie that took place either before Pitch Black or between the two Riddick movies when he was on the run from the Mercs. Chronicles really should have been the third movie in a trilogy.

Last edited:
I love this movie.

IMO it is very underrated.

The production design on the film is outstanding!! I haven't been that impressed since Aliens.

A sequal though would kina suck. The ending of Chronicles was just perfect for the character. Very Conan-ish. Exploring what happened after Chronicles wouldn't be as interesting as a movie that took place either before Pitch Black or between the two Riddick movies when he was on the runs from the Mercs. Chronicles really should have been the third movie in a trilogy.

Epic it was shai.

I know what you mean Bonehead and it would really suck if someone came along and made sh$tty sequel but I just would like to see more of Riddick.I think exploring what happens after he's gained his new found power might be a be a neat idea!

Heh, I was watching it on HD-DVD last night, it's amazing in HD.

It would be cool if they did another one, although they couldn't possibly make it as epic as the last one. I think the director recently talked about possibly doing one so maybe it'll happen.

Riddick is one of the coolest characters to come along in a while. I'd like to see another episode, as long as it was done as well as the first two films and didn't stray too far from the established story line. I also like the idea of seeing what happens after he gains his new power.

i loved Riddick!!! the funny thing is that i remember seeing pitch black when it came out and i thought it was just ok. but i rented it before riddick came out and rewatched it and realized how much cooler it was than i remembered. i did read somewhere that vin diesel loved playing riddick and that he will always do a third movie if there was an option.

I personally enjoyed Pitch Black more than Chronicles, if they can make another one along the lines of Pitch than that'd be awesome.

yeah i liked Pitch Black more too but enjoyed both of them and add me to list of those hoping for another movie in this line. where would you want the next one to pick up.....in between the two films or after Pitch Black?

For those looking for more of Riddick, I can't recommend enough that you find a way to play the "Escape From Butcher Bay" video game. It's a great story in VG form that leads directly into Pitch Black.

Surprised that no one's mentioned the animated film that they did, which was also excellent. It covers the events directly after "Pitch Black." Check it out if you haven't already.

For those looking for more of Riddick, I can't recommend enough that you find a way to play the "Escape From Butcher Bay" video game. It's a great story in VG form that leads directly into Pitch Black.

Surprised that no one's mentioned the animated film that they did, which was also excellent. It covers the events directly after "Pitch Black." Check it out if you haven't already.

i have been meaning to buy the animated film but I forgot about it. thanks for the reminder.

i have been meaning to buy the animated film but I forgot about it. thanks for the reminder.

No prob.

The video game, by the way, tells us the real story behind Riddick's enhanced vision. We got a hint in the last movie from Jack/Kira that he'd lied to her about it in "Pitch." Pretty random, but very cool all the same.

Loved having Cole Hauser's character back for most of the video game as well.

Can you play this one on the 360?

Riddick rules! Love the movies- always thought SS should do a PF line on the Chronicles. The helmets alone are so cool.

Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick were awesome.
I would like for them to do a prequel to Pitch Black and maybe even a film in between Chronicles and PB.
They need to give the Furians enhanced powers compared to that of Earth humans to explain some of his senses.
Vin definately needs to continue to portray him.
Noone else could take his place.

Back