AVP:Requiem - SPOILER THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
OK, with the film nearly upon us, and more and more images and video coming about, I'd like to discuss it but for the sake of those wanting to stay in the dark, I figured I'd start a spoiler thread. No need to post warnings or anything. Say what you like, post whatever images or videos you like, no secrets about this film in here.

To get this thread started properly, I'm going to repost the link, provided by Sabres and many thanks for that, to Yahoo's video clip of the opening 5 minutes of AVP:R.

One thing I love about the preview clip is that it indicates some ammount of story substance for the alien races instead of them just being there, there's purpose and everything and background to the Wolf character sort of seeing how he exists between jobs and all.

sabre corrected his post, it's 5 mins of the film not the 1st 5 mins

the hunters arm was a nice gruesome touch

Indeed, actually Sabres was right, Yahoo was wrong to say it the way they did on the page if it's not exactly the first 5 minutes.

This is going to be an awesome movie! I really love the trophy room on the Predator ship. We have family plans on X-mas day, but I will be glued in the seat on the 26th to see this one.

Hi there, new to the board and this is my very first post. Probably quite appropriate that it should be on the subject of this movie as I'm a huge fan of the original Predator. So far, looks good, it's appropriate that it's continuing on from were the last movie left off. I only hope the final product will be better than the previous AvP effort.

I'm planning for this and National Treasure on the 26th. I love how it appears that Wolf has a whole collection of masks that he chooses from, unless that wall is for multiple Predators. Like I said, I like that there's a bit of personality to him, like you get a glimpse into his ways instead of just seeing his actions unfold like past Predators.

I was really rooting for the Facehuggers to get the kid!!!

And they sure did!! :chew

Aliens don't discriminate! :D

This is going to be an awesome movie! I really love the trophy room on the Predator ship. We have family plans on X-mas day, but I will be glued in the seat on the 26th to see this one.

Has the film been postponed? Just watched the 5 minutes online and both that page and the ending of the clip lists the launch date as January 18. However, IMDB and the official site still list it as a Dec. 25 film. I would imagine the studio put the clip reel together, so why would they get the date wrong - unless it has been pushed back a month. If anyone finds any concrete data, then then us know. I think it looks great so far.

Cool!!!!!!!!

I just noticed it said:

DirectorColin Strause, Greg Strause
ProducerJohn Davis, Wyck Godfrey
WriterShane Salerno, Paul Anderson, Dan O'Bannon, Ronald Shusett, Jim Thomas
Official Sitehttps://www.avp-r.com/
ReleaseFriday January 18 2008
GenresSciFi/Fantasy, Action/Adventure
Distributor20th Century Fox

Noooooooooooooooo!

Cool!!!!!!!!

I just noticed it said:

DirectorColin Strause, Greg Strause
ProducerJohn Davis, Wyck Godfrey
WriterShane Salerno, Paul Anderson, Dan O'Bannon, Ronald Shusett, Jim Thomas
Official Sitehttps://www.avp-r.com/
ReleaseFriday January 18 2008
GenresSciFi/Fantasy, Action/Adventure
Distributor20th Century Fox

Noooooooooooooooo!

First off, Anderson is not a horrible director. Sure, he's no Spielberg, but he also isn't the Uwe Boll some of you guys like to portray him as. I still enjoy his earlier works (Mortal Kombat and Event Horizon). But I didn't post to argue his career. Just wanted to clear something up - Anderson didn't script much more than the basic plot outline for the film. He brought on the other writers to flesh out his idea for the second film. Besides, since the film is a direct continuation of the first one ... and involves the Hybrid creature he created in the 1st film ... he would get writing credits either way.

For those concerned about the release date, I didn't notice the first time I followed the link but the second time I noticed that there's a uk.yahoo in the address, it's the UK Yahoo page so I'm guessing 1/15 is the UK release date but still 12/25 in the states.

Awesome 5 minutes of the film. Really love to see the inner workings of the Predator ship, as well as a glimpse of the home world. It's also nice to see the humans take a back seat to the monsters, which should always be the case in films like these. :rock

Wolf looks awesome. :D

been a long time since i've been excited by a movie like that.The 5 min clip was awesome.

Last edited:
It was cool how Wolf could load the recording on that other Predator's mask. Shouldn't there have been an Elder on board (the one with the cape).

It was cool how Wolf could load the recording on that other Predator's mask. Shouldn't there have been an Elder on board (the one with the cape).

P.S. Man Hicks would've died in Aliens if the acid was as strong :monkey5

oops clicked on Quote instead of Edit

First off, Anderson is not a horrible director. Sure, he's no Spielberg, but he also isn't the Uwe Boll some of you guys like to portray him as. I still enjoy his earlier works (Mortal Kombat and Event Horizon). But I didn't post to argue his career. Just wanted to clear something up - Anderson didn't script much more than the basic plot outline for the film. He brought on the other writers to flesh out his idea for the second film. Besides, since the film is a direct continuation of the first one ... and involves the Hybrid creature he created in the 1st film ... he would get writing credits either way.

Oh, he did Event Horizon?That's one of the best Sci-Fi horror movies,I love that movie! But Motrtal Kobat,ehhh

i dont know where i read this but heres how it went,as far as "classes" go preds are ranked in this order . initiates,-> then ( i dont know what theyre called , but theyve proven them selves by some sort of ritual rite),-> the warriors,-> elder predators( survived over a thousand hunts), -> then those elders who've hunted so much its not a challenge anymore so they become a sort of pred police hunting down renegade preds and cleaning up messes. that last part could explain the wolfs large collection of bios and why he just sits around waiting for something to go wrong... or maybe im just hoping its the way i say it is :lol

Hi DouglasMcc, I think that the release dates you have been looking at are for the UK and the rest of Europe. We get these films later on usually, so I wouldn't be suprised if the U.S. release date was the 25 Dec.

Back