The Balrog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rolleyes

the guy clearly shows the pics, and it's his perogative to charge whatever he wants for shipping...

I see this one as being different. First, it was started with a more reasonable starting bid (although it is a tad higher than most), second, it clearly states that it is the new Balrog created for people who missed out on the original, and third, it has full pictures of the statue in the auction. So anyone who bids on this thinking it is the original Balrog will do so against the evidence of their own eyes.

But, with all that said, the title is a little misleading, and the shipping is ridiculous (but so are about 25% of eBay auctions these days).

NOT!

and the shipping is ridiculous (but so are about 25% of eBay auctions these days).

Only 25%!!!????????????? :google

NOT!!!!

It is more like 75%!!!!!:thwak

25, that funny.............:lol

Re: NOT!

Please don't start that. Everyone here knows how you feel about eBay, but I do a lot of business there (buying and selling), and it has been my experience that a significant majority of eBay sellers are honest in the shipping charges they quote.

While this auction is not as bad as the one in Austria or Smaug's copycat version, it is still aimed at misleading any potential buyers by calling it Balrog in the title and by the closeup picture used.

I know further down you can see that It is the piddly Balrog but an attempt at deception is still there.

This auction just reinforces the idea that this seller is a rip-off merchant and one which I would never recommend.

the guy clearly shows the pics, and it's his perogative to charge whatever he wants for shipping...

He doesn't believe this. The ... at the end is inviting a reposte. It's a wind up!

Always thought Guilford, Surrey, was in the SE of England and not Greece???

Why pay £25 post when you can buy the item for about £60 with £10 post.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeear

Please don't start that. Everyone here knows how you feel about eBay, but I do a lot of business there (buying and selling), and it has been my experience that a significant majority of eBay sellers are honest in the shipping charges they quote.

Little on the pissy side of things??? :rolleyes
Truth hurts.....:thwak

I stick to my 75% ripoff, you know it, as does everybody else..:rolleyes

Now take it easy and dont blow a fuse!!!! :poke

I dont see where the title is missleading....

It is a balrog plain and simple. What should be the title

Mini Balrog ? Who knows it by that.... sideshow dont....

If anything the shipping maybe high but that is it.....

Michael

On a serious note, if a PM is made, I would say that needs to remain private. Making it public or threatening to make it public is not right and should not be done. Don't resort to that.

I stick to my 75% ripoff, you know it, as does everybody else..

Mr Fell Beast - I am afraid that this is simply not true. I don't know your ebay ID so I can't see how many transactions you have had. However, I have over 6000 tranactions and I would say that I have encountered less than 10 ebayers who have been dishonest.

I would have to say myself that I have come across very few evilbayers . Yes it is true that there are scams on eBay , but most I have dealt with do not involve themselves with misleading auctions or scams of any sort . There may be excessive prices on many eBay auctions , but those that bid high are willing to pay the price . I have purchased items on eBay for far more than retail but I'm not about to go blaming it on crooked sellers , I only payed what I was willing to , and nobody forced my hand .

Quote " I dont see where the title is missleading....

It is a balrog plain and simple. What should be the title

Mini Balrog ? Who knows it by that.... sideshow dont...."

it is The flame of udun

The seller is not stupid. He knows that by calling it a 'Balrog', ebayers will think it to be the original one. The picture does nothing to quash this.

The only thing is if he is going to deceive, he needs to do a better job.

Lucky you

Mr Fell Beast - I am afraid that this is simply not true. I don't know your ebay ID so I can't see how many transactions you have had. However, I have over 6000 tranactions and I would say that I have encountered less than 10 ebayers who have been dishonest.

Then I would consider yourself VERY lucky, as 5990 sellers were honest charged you the exact shipping? I find that odd at best as I can look at ANY ebay auction and see that shipping is WAY too much.....:eek All it is just one way to add more $$ to ones pockets......:thwak

Re: Lucky you

Just look at Valinor Swords latest feedback.

He got a "positive" for NOT sending an item! :rolleyes

If it wasn't for peoples reluctance to score how they truly feel about the transaction (fear of retaliatory negative feedback no doubt?), we'd all see what a sham of a 'globalwide' merchant he really is.

Special Delivery costs £19.00 (for items up to 10kg) and this is fully trackable and insured up to £250! There is no justification in setting the delivery £6 too high. Even if you take into account packing materials and the stress of travelling to the Post Office. :thwak

Still I think there is enough information (in the form of pictures) to show what exactly is up for auction. Not enough people read through the whole description - they bid in haste - and end up disappointed! Besides, I believe most buyers of Sideshow Weta products understand the product, know of the manufacturer and know enough about the line to distinguish between the more popular and the not so. I don't expect anyone to bid actually believing it to be the Original...

Any bids will be shillers.

Re: Lucky you

He got a "positive" for NOT sending an item!

One time an ebay seller said he could not find a SSW item after I paid for it. He promptly refunded me my payment. It was for a sold out piece (a helm), not much cash. I know I wanted the piece, but I believed him and sometimes "s@#! happens". I gave him a positive feedback because he refunded me my money. Maybe I should have given him a neutral, but was very forgiving that day. :lol

Crap!

He got a "positive" for NOT sending an item!

One more example of the eBay system at its worse, the feedback system :rolleyes :bang2 , what a joke, next to the rip-off shipping, this is the second silly thing on the net, the feedback, oh brother, regardless if the seller has 1000 feedbacks or 1 you are taking a HUGE risk that I wont, if I wanted to gamble with my money I would go to Las Vegas!!! ;) :thwak

This thread has not been locked because I believe the auction is question is worthy of discussion.

In that light I have edited the thread. Please keep this thread "on topic" about the auction.

Thank you.

Admin

Back