Chopper to Celtic and Scar conversions WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ragacin

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All,
I got some of the Pred helmet casts from eBay and put them on Chopper and it works GREAT! I am in the process of getting the other pieces for the specific preds and I am also doing a conversion for the Sideshow Ancient Elder. Here is Choppy with the new helmets, they match up very well. If there was any type of nitpick and this is VERY minor, Hot Toys armor paint has a greyer tone to it leaning towards a brown, while the helmet casts are bluer. It is barely noticable and really only in person.

CelticPredWIP1.jpg

ScarPredWIP1.jpg

You mention that the new helms run a bluer look...
That is why I mix in burnt umber with silver or "Steel" paint color to repaint those particular armor bits. Burnt umber is a dark brown and makes the metal color a pretty close match. You can always brush a little on other areas of armor to make it blend also. Doesn't take much.

Nice work on these conversions! I am impressed! With Scar, you might cheat and move the back panel to his belly, therefore making him look even more like Scar. He is the only one to have the belly armor. It looks to be the same piece as the back panel. I'd just switch it out.

There is a seller on ebay who sells unique Predator Bio-mask sculpts, similar to the variants at the end of P2. Im guessing this is the same guy. They look great to me. Regarding the eye lenses, Id' just dremel them out and insert a piece of man-made fabric (with a suitable weave/texture) in behind. It would be diffcult to find a metal mesh that has such a fine pattern, though I guess there is some out there. It should look great then.

There is a seller on ebay who sells unique Predator Bio-mask sculpts, similar to the variants at the end of P2. Im guessing this is the same guy. They look great to me. Regarding the eye lenses, Id' just dremel them out and insert a piece of man-made fabric (with a suitable weave/texture) in behind. It would be diffcult to find a metal mesh that has such a fine pattern, though I guess there is some out there. It should look great then.

Actually, I thought I would share some pics I pulled from Ebay for ideas of my own. These were made by the same seller I'm buying mine from, they were just finished... the first one is still on auction right now for around 3 hours and the seller used purple lens. The second is a fine mesh, and sold for a good chunk of money. Both are the "gort" helmet.

6nud8q1.jpg

8abu4yb.jpg

8c1kdid.jpg

Here's a pic of the set I know this seller has (they come unpainted):
71gtsif.jpg

I plan on buying 2 of the normal ones, to convert one into a ceremonial mask, like the AVP Elder's. I'm thinking of also figuring out a way to match paint tones with my P2's Elder and display him with the Alien helmet, either holding it or attaching it to part of his armor.

Links! I want a "Gort" helm REALLY BADLY! He is one of my faves!
Great stuff guys!!!!!

Actually Les, I was just about to message you about something. I've seen so much of your work and it's SO impressive, I'm going to buy the helmets, and a set of Alien skulls (not sure how many come in the set), but I was going to ask you how much you'd charge to paint the skulls for me? If your interested, PM me or whatever with a price, and since you want that Gort helmet, I'll throw that in for you to paint up and use however you see fit!

Don't mean to double post, but for those interested in the skulls, I got a pic that was just sent to me from the seller (which he says are all IN SCALE).
6ugqlb6.jpg

I'm buying the 3 Alien, and 1 Predator. After the Holidays I plan on buying much more to liter my display floor with. So far, he's been nothing short of great to deal with.

For anyone interested in talking prices with him, as well as seeing his custom weapons, you can e-mail him here (and he does take paypal):

[email protected]

Had the same idea, placed order the other week....

Want to mock up a trophy cabinet sim to predator 2 in the ship.....have got some other hot toys pred weapons as well to dot around.....my xmas project :D

Actually Les, I was just about to message you about something. I've seen so much of your work and it's SO impressive, I'm going to buy the helmets, and a set of Alien skulls (not sure how many come in the set), but I was going to ask you how much you'd charge to paint the skulls for me? If your interested, PM me or whatever with a price, and since you want that Gort helmet, I'll throw that in for you to paint up and use however you see fit!

PM sent. Thanks for the offer. Let me know what we can work out.

Do these skulls come pre painted? i wouldnt mind one in scale for my Elder to hold

PS - anyone have a link to his ebay shop?

Last edited:
Unfortunately Jamal, I believe they all come unpainted. I sent Les an e-mail a while ago about painting the 3 I'm ordering. Unfortunately right now he doesn't have anything posted, but you can order direct from him through his e-mail.

Check your PM's in a bit!

This guy seems to do great work. Those skull sculpts look nice too. You said the skulls do not come pre-painted but it looks like the Predator Bio-Masks do. Is that right?

To me though the idea of a bone white Alien skull doesn't seem to make sense since I always considered them to be exoskeletal creatures. It looks cool I suppose though lol

Back