Buffy Figures by Robert Tonner???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
Here's a strange bit of news... Figures.com recently interviewed fashion doll maker Robert Tonner about the dream licenses he would like to persue sometime in the future:

Figures.com: You said before you enjoyed Star Wars and Star Trek. Are these licenses - Star Wars, Star Trek and Lord of the Rings - licenses you're looking into?

RT: Each one of those are ones I'd like to do. We have plans to approach them at a later time, but we have so much on our plate now...

Figures.com: What is your dream license?

RT: You know what, I think I got them...(laughing) I'd love to give "Lord of the Rings" a try and I'm a huge "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fan. If you're a "Buffy" fan, no matter how long it's been off the air, you're still a "Buffy" fan. That might be one for down the road...

The guy is fairly tenacious in his pursuit of licenses. His former "dream" licenses were Harry Potter, Pirates and DC Heroes and as you know he is currently making figures for all three.

Here's a link to the entire two-part interview:

https://www.figures.com/databases/a...tegory=actionfigures&topic=278&show_article=2

Very Interesting.... :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

As much as I like Buffy, I wouldn't collect them if Tonner made them. I'm satisfied with the 12 inch figures from SSC. I collect Tonner's Harry Potter figures, and I'd love to see them get something like Dark Shadows or Phantom of the Opera (and they would make those costumes fantastic).

Buffy has been done.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh God the humanity!!!!

I'm not a fan of the tonner dolls and their price. However, if they get the license and make nice dolls, I might consider getting them.

What is with all the hate? I love Tonner. Granted they are doll so we would probably get beautiful Buffy instead of action Buffy. Personally I would love to see what they would do.

What is with all the hate? I love Tonner. Granted they are doll so we would probably get beautiful Buffy instead of action Buffy. Personally I would love to see what they would do.

There are a few Tonners popping up chez Miskatonicnick too so I'm with you on this; I'd be hugely interested to see what Tonner could do with the licence - let's face it, his Willow and Faith could not be any worse than Sideshow's!

Nick

I don't know that the outfits would be interesting enough for me to get Tonner Buffys, but as I've said many times, their Harry Potter line is pretty good.

I got Harry, Hermione, and Ron for Christmas and they blew me away. Pictures online do them no justice. They look so much better in person. I would love to see a Buffy and Angel set. They would look so beautiful.

Ok. So Scott show us some pics of your Tonners. I would love to see them in different light.

I got Harry, Hermione, and Ron for Christmas and they blew me away. Pictures online do them no justice.

I do agree with that. I've never been all that impressed by Tonner's pictures. It wasn't until I saw the HP Draco Malfoy in person that I decided to collect them for sure. I have the four kids from HP, and they all look great out of the box. My personal favorites are Draco and Hermione. They don't look out of place in my collection at all.

I also think the Jack Sparrow looks better in person as well, but I think the Harry Potter line is their best. The Voldemort in the suit looks absolutely awesome.

I have to say I liked their Harry Potter line, but really didn't think much of their Capt Jack. Quite frankly I thought it was dire. :confused:

Ok. So Scott show us some pics of your Tonners. I would love to see them in different light.

No, Dwing... go out and find a seller of Tonner dolls in your area and look at them in person.

Geez... the Tonner dolls get kicked around far too much in this board. :google:

Seeing them in person, the workmanship on the clothing is absolutely amazing. Though they are personally not my cup of tea because they are in essence fashion dolls, I would never badger anyone who decides to collect them.

Damn it!

I see this thread pop up again and get all excited thinking someone has new info about Buffy Tonner dolls.

Damn it!
:D

sorry it took so long. The pics are kinda blurry because I took them on a camera phone, but you can see them well enough. BTW, I just painted my bathroom green, tell me what you think of the color! lol.

Also, they each came with their house robed, which are equally as fantastic, I just like the uniform look sans robe best.

Ron Weasley
IMG00065.jpg

Even though I don't feel it completely captures the adorable Rupert Grint (what could??) it does have a super strong look of the character. I think he is my complete favorite of the three.

Harry Potter
IMG00063.jpg

Definitely Daniel Radcliffe. The glasses are a chore to put on because the hair is wigged not rooted, but the good thing is they don't come off easily either.

Hermione Granger
IMG00060.jpg

Keep in mind I did a little work on her hair. I combed it out a bit to get the factory hair spray worked out and it made the curls look to much more natural and the hair layed SO much flatter, it wasn't funny. I also pulled her hair off of her face and added a slight bang so you could see the sculpt work underneath the hair.

Group
IMG00067.jpg

All in all I love these character figures. I got to interview Robert for figures.com recently and he told me that Luna is probably next in line. I already pre ordered their Cho Chang, and pray daily for a Ginny and Neville to have my core DA.

furthermore, the Tonner hate on the board is getting old. These are very high quality in sculpt, costume, and just overall appearance. They are better than any Premium Format I have seem lately and really just add a presence to my collection of figures.

Back