PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy quarter scale Buffy statues/maquettes?

Darklord Dave
12-01-2007, 09:05 PM
If the only way you would get certain characters in 1/4 scale would be as fully sculpted statues, would you still be interested?

Anzik
12-01-2007, 09:36 PM
I consider myself a pretty big fan, but anything more than 1/6 is too much for me in both cost and space. Especially space. The thing about Buffy that was always so great was the ensemble nature. There was a whole world attached and that would be large and expensive.

olvidadero
12-02-2007, 03:21 AM
I'd DEFINITELY buy 1/4 Illyria and Dark Willow (also Faith but you didn't put her in the poll). Not so sure about the rest.

dr2red
12-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Yes I would. The Judge particularly.

thamesvalidude
12-02-2007, 05:46 AM
No, finish the Angel 12" line first please!!!!!!

the vampire with soul
12-02-2007, 01:21 PM
just Illyria :monkey2

The Craw
12-02-2007, 04:36 PM
no, but id be happy to buy more custom 1/6 sculpts.

BillyBudd
12-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Are you talking about commissioning a sculptor?

Fritz
12-02-2007, 08:57 PM
I'd probably buy a Faith 1/4 statue if it were well done.

RoboDad
12-03-2007, 02:10 AM
Faith (definitely, even though not in the poll), Illyria (almost definitely), and Dark Willow (pretty definitely), but I'd probably pass on any others.

Eli26
12-03-2007, 03:08 AM
Principal Snyder!

I understand I'm going to reign heck upon myself among the Whedonverse masses, but I chose Adam in the poll. While not a favorite in the written sense, he was still my favorite looking villian. Any monster that can form his arm into a machine gun and then a grenade launcher is cool by my books!

Close second for 1/4 is the Judge or Moloch.

I love Illyeria and Faith, but I always wanted an Adam. Atleast they made a bust of the Judge and a 6" (okay 7") figure of Illyeria.

BDboystoys
12-03-2007, 03:34 AM
Faith (definitely, even though not in the poll), Illyria (almost definitely), and Dark Willow (pretty definitely), but I'd probably pass on any others.

Ditto x3:D

darth dypshyt
12-03-2007, 03:42 AM
Yep, I'd definitely buy a couple of them...Though I STILL haven't gotten around to buying a Buffy 1/4 yet....But I will eventually...

Darklord Dave
12-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Select as many as you'd want - this is a multiple choice poll.

The Mike
12-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Of this list I'll definitely buy Illyria but I'd love a 1/4 scale Master from Buffy

bickle
12-03-2007, 08:14 PM
If the only way you would get certain characters in 1/4 scale would be as fully sculpted statues, would you still be interested?

Would that be premium formats? Or something different?

RoboDad
12-04-2007, 01:12 AM
Would that be premium formats? Or something different?

Premium Format figures are not fully sculpted. They are mixed media (cloth, leather, metal, and so on). Fully sculpted statues would be more like the comiquettes that Sideshow has produced. All polystone, no cloth or other materials used.

Protozaius
12-04-2007, 10:45 AM
I think I'd want a Illyria PF rather than a fully sculpted statue. I just think that a leather-like costume would add so much to the figure. :D

But I believe Skip would be a PERFECT choice for such a maquette proposal. Heck, Sideshow could release this statue in the 1/6 scale as well! I'm not picky. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

pordey2
12-04-2007, 06:08 PM
I think I'd want a Illyria PF rather than a fully sculpted statue. I just think that a leather-like costume would add so much to the figure. :D

But I believe Skip would be a PERFECT choice for such a maquette proposal. Heck, Sideshow could release this statue in the 1/6 scale as well! I'm not picky. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

who is skip? :monkey3:monkey1

The Craw
12-04-2007, 07:43 PM
who is skip? :monkey3:monkey1 that weird looking demon guide who helps cordelia ascend to a higher plain in Angel season 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minor_Angel_characters#Skip

RoboDad
12-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Skip was a frustrating character for me. After our first encounter with him, I really wanted to like him. The juxtaposition of his imposing appearance and his almost "nice guy" personality made him very interesting. Having him turn out to be... well, you know... (don't want to say in case there are any Angel newbies present), just kind of frustrated me a bit.

Darklord Dave
12-04-2007, 09:32 PM
That's why I love Skip, also I think he's the most creative design from either series.

But this poll posits that perhaps the R&D for Premium Format figures wouldn't be justified, but it might be possible to get fully sculpted statues - even of humans like Illyria or Willow who you might otherwise expect to be mixed media.

TheObsoleteMan
12-04-2007, 09:47 PM
I don't do statues anymore, but if were to be tempted by one, it would probably be Skip. Awesome design, and he was such an entertaining prick in his final appearance. :lol

maatuu52
12-05-2007, 12:02 AM
no, i think they would do great. but i would not collect them.

RoboDad
12-05-2007, 01:59 AM
But this poll posits that perhaps the R&D for Premium Format figures wouldn't be justified, but it might be possible to get fully sculpted statues - even of humans like Illyria or Willow who you might otherwise expect to be mixed media.

I agree fully Dave. The R&D for fully sculpted statues is much less than mixed media PFs. No sourcing and matching of fabrics, no expensive mass production of detailed leather, vinyl, or metal pieces. Just sculpt it, mold it, paint it and ship it. Sounds so easy ;).

spikeluv13
12-06-2007, 12:02 AM
DARK WILLOW AND ILLYRIA!!! the others would be cool...any more Buffy stuff would be great, but I just wouldn't really want the others....I would rather have the bigger characters (Illyria!!!!) and such before someone like Skip or the Beast. but that's just me.

YAY dark willow and illyria!

BuffyGirl
02-08-2008, 03:42 PM
I said yes to Illyria, the beast and dark willow. They are very pricey tho. I don't have any of the others so far but will have a buffy one for my b-day in April. Otherwise it's kinda hard to swing that kind of money all the time. There's already 4 and I have 0, lol. But who knows.
I am missing a few 1/6 right now so I would like to catch up.

sueworld
02-11-2008, 06:57 PM
A lovely dream, that will never happen I suppose. *sigh*

But I would have bought a Dark Wilow, or a Illyria. Both could have looked really spectacular if well handled.