Original GROUCHO MARX Custom by FMLes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Walker

Digging my way out!
Reaction score
I made this figure because I LOVE the comedy guys, and because I think Sideshow would RULE if they made old Silent and early Hollywood era guys! ANY of them! Comedy is just underrepresented in my opinion!
There's too many to name. I would get them all. Even Fatty Arbuckle!
Imagine a W.C Fields.....man!

Anyway...

Here's GROUCHO!

Groucho003a.jpg

Groucho004.jpg

In color...

Groucho002.jpg

Groucho001.jpg

Harpo and Chico in the works!

MORE TO COME!

Are you kidding?! Les, you kill me! That is just amazing! I'm a huge Marx Brothers fan. I would love to have a Captain Spalding figure. I'm going off to cry now because I don't.

Genius!

Are you kidding?! Les, you kill me! That is just amazing! I'm a huge Marx Brothers fan. I would love to have a Captain Spalding figure. I'm going off to cry now because I don't.

Genius!

"In Alabama the Tuscaloosa, but that's entirely irrelephant."

"We took some pictures of the native girls but they weren't developed."

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol

Let the one-liners flow! :lol

The guy rules!

GB, I found an existing head that matched his headshape and added teeth and then sculpted the hair. (THAT was hard! His hair shape is complex and which movie it's from etc. This is more Duck Soup than most...) The rest is all paint. :D That mustache and eyebrows makes anyone a Groucho!
I did have a hard time on his eyes though. Repainted them many times. He had a wandering right eye, so it is hard to capture.
I had the glasses and the rest. Actually, not a hard figure to make. Just took time figuring out how to make him work.

Harpo and Chico on the other hand, are harder. Sculpting them from scratch.

Thanks WG. It was a total emotional release to make him.
He is right by my computer daily. Keeps me sane. I have more fun posing him with Darth Vader, Predators, Vikings, there's a grouping, and more. He just lightens up my whole collection. I will make more! :rock

Very nice Les. I am happy to see Groucho and can't wait for Harpo, Chico and
maybe Zeppo?

that's totally wicked! awesome job Les...and dare I say my new favorite!

Unbelievable! I was going to post something on this today and I see this!

Great work, Les. I cannot wait to see more of your work and anxiously await Harpo and Chico.

JLT

Lovely! Brings a big smile on my face.

These are the customs I really like :)

And you are right, the 1/6 hobby should give more attention to comedians.

I am a big fan of the Chaplin and the Laurel&Hardy films also.

Let the one-liners flow! :lol

"One morning I woke up and shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas, I'll never know."

I have loved the Marx brothers since childhood. Horse Feathers is still one of my favorite movies of all time. AWESOME WORK LES!!! I'd love a set myself...

"That's the kind of attidute we're trying to eliminate"

"I'll take a glass of that"

"A glass of what?"

"A glass of lemonade"

LOLOLOLOLOL

GREAT...No, FANTASTIC, No,,......STUPENDOUS job.
I love the Marx Brothers, Bud & Lou, Laurel & Hardy, Chaplin, Keaton, etc.......
That is one wonderful job, Les, and such a wonderful change from all of the usual Star Wars stuff we seem to keep seeing.
Looking forward to Harpo and Chico!!

OMG thats amazing!

I've always adored the Marx brothers, so to see this is just a delight! The outfit is just beautifully done too. God I'd kill for a copy of him! *g*

And count me in with the crowd thats a little tired of the endless Star Wars customs. Sorry SW fans, but there is life out there beyond that franchise, and so seeing someone post something like this is a real breath of fresh air.

Can't wait to see how you manage with the other two.

Back