Les' Hot Toys P2 PREDATOR ELDER Redo/Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Walker

Digging my way out!
Reaction score
I couldn't load down any other thread with this, as I have too many pictures to post of it.

Here is my overindulged, overworked, and way overdone redo of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE PREDATOR!!!!!!!!!
Repainted or not, THIS IS ONE BADA$$ TOY!
Get one! It is worth it!

Anyway...here is mine...

HTP2Elder010.jpg

HTP2Elder016.jpg

Note the scars on his right arm....
HTP2Elder007.jpg

HTP2Elder018.jpg

Added some length to his belts by tying one and adding leather to the other, so they would fit correctly, and so the bottom belt would take the flintlock, as it is in the movie...

HTP2Elder017.jpg

Mood shot

HTP2Elder013.jpg

HTP2Elder012.jpg

With the flash so you can see the colors more accurately

HTP2Elder021.jpg

I added a lot. Arm rags and dangly bits, the sword sheath that you can see him use when he is walking away from Danny Glover, he puts the sword into it out of visual line of sight, but he is clearly sheathing it, so I took liberties in my design. Thought it looked like it was strung on that skull on his waist belt.

And an extreme closeup of the face showing the added quills above the eyes and on his chin. There are more at the sides of his face, but I didn't want them constantly rubbed by dreads, and they are hard to get to.

HTP2ElderWP001a.jpg

MORE TO COME...

Re: Les' Hot Toys PREDATOR ELDER Redo/Repaint

man ive been itting here refreshing the page for the last 20 minutes since you posted in the custom gallery thread. this is awsome !@@!@

P.S. how'd you get the quills on??

Re: Les' Hot Toys PREDATOR ELDER Redo/Repaint

Wow i had to do a double take at first i wasn't sure it was a 12" figure
:bow:bow

MORE...

With his understudy, The young Predator hunter from P2...

HTP2Elder019.jpg

And I shot I have longed for...
ELDERS UNITED!!!

HTP2Elder005.jpg

HTP2Elder003.jpg

I learned some cool stuff on this guy.
For one, for adding quills, Use a sharp pointed metal tool, and make a hole where the quill goes. Then, using a round wooden toothpick, push it into the hole and twist some to open up the hole. Make sure the tip doesn't break off.
Then, LEAVING THE TOOTHPICK IN THE HOLE, put a small dab of superglue onto a flat work space, a plastic lid, or some other area, and take the quill to be glued, and dip the back end, not the point, shallowly into the pool of superglue.
Then, glue tipped quill in hand, remove the toothpick, and lightly twist the quill into place! Set the angle right, and VOILA! Instant glued in quill!
The rubber of the head will tighten around it, and it looks perfect.
Just don't use much glue. It will hold great!

Another look at mine up close to see the quills added this way...

HTP2ElderWP001a.jpg

I used a lot of the existiing figure's paint scheme, as it is pretty doggone good! And added to, or softened that, then started adding details as I went.
I painted all the armor in place.
In the movie, his armor is much darker and dirtier, without dings. But, I wanted more cuts and scratches and metal dings, so I added away. I like it, movie accurate or not.

I want to dedicate the paint job on this figure to all you guys, Predator Fans all! And mostly to our brethen member, Twistedfreak. His enthusiasm for all things PREDATOR keeps me enthused and enthralled.
To you my friend! :duff

Video to come soon!

It is hard to get the colors correct. I kept on looking at it, and couldn't figure out why he wasn't all "greyed out and decrepit" looking, like Jamal? said. He had a point. Although, I don't think there is ANYTHING decrepit about this particular Predator...:D
Anyway, It was the belt color. Almost all his are light tannish colored. I freeze framed the video and looked and besides the fact that the pistol is tucked into his BOTTOM belt, and not the top one, they are so light.
As are the bands from his groin armor to his outer leg armor. So, those went lighter as well.

There are some inaccuracies in the sculpt, mostly the armor, that I discovered too late to repair, but that someone else might.
One is his gun mount sits out over his left arm more, away from his head. I guess so it can swing left and right more. And I can't get the left shoulder armor bell to pull into his shoulder more. That would help. I may work on that later.
If I EVER break him back down, I may fix the gun mount and shoulder.

The black straps are a bit annoying also, but they aren't that obnoxious, so I won't bother with those. They do hold on the bits well.
And his skull string is much longer and has more bones in it. It hangs down as low as his belt buckle.

Not much else to complain about though. He is a dream figure for me. I have so wanted this guy, so to have him in hand, at a time I really needed a mental break, was a Godsend! I do thank the Maker for that! :rock

Otherwise, if there are any questions on what I did, and where, ask.
I did pin down a couple of odd dread corners, up near his head, so they would look better and droop properly.

And again, I had to really look at the DVD and stills. You can look and look, but miss so much. There is a LOT of detail in this guy! Hope I brought out most of it.

HOLY CRAP!!! Dude.... :monkey2

You really outdid yourself this time man, that P2 Elder is just insane. Detailed to an astounding level, the colors on the head alone are worth hours of study alone. :rock

Really amazing Les, as your Preds always are. I know how hard it is to paint a Predator, and to see it so masterfully done... well... it brings a tear to the eye.

These Preds are so realistic that you have to do a double take!! :D

OH MY GOD, LES!! Those look like full scale movie props! Your quill technique is sure to be emulated here on the board. I love the shots of the two Elders. The Elders have always held a certain facination for me and you have really brought them to life. I would say you have outdone yourself with the P2, and the two Elders and with your body of work, that is saying a lot.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Last edited:
:lol I think you could say he is just a tad horny!

Here are a couple more...

With P2 again...

HTP2Elder006.jpg

and my favorite Loner shot....

HTP2Elder014.jpg

I love his sword! That he doesn't have arm blades. Never knew that before the toy. Cool element to him.

014.gif
I want one of Les' Predators....
014.gif

So little money....so much to want.....I gotta hold on to my guns and not order that Elder P2 Pred......

Amazing work Les, you're an artist. Those quills are spot on.
I sent my review off to Michael last week and it should be up on Sunday, I mention the whole 'scabbard' issue in it.
In the movie you can just make it out in some scenes but then at 1:33.14 into the movie something else seems to appear attached to his belt as the rest of the 'Lost Hunters' all stream past him. It looks like a small bed roll, I'm sure it's not, but thats what it looks like.
Those low slung belts look great too, is the lower one the original, it looks just like leather... as I guess it would once you've worked your magic.
I salute you!

Thank you Wookster. Your learned opinions and eye for details, is a good barrier to BS for an artist like me. :D
I hate they missed the scabbard bit. I cobbled together one that actually holds the sword, hangs low enough to be about right, and fits in with the design. I need to get shots with it so you can see. It is functional and removable.
Thanks for your kind words.

014.gif
I want one of Les' Predators....
014.gif

So little money....so much to want.....I gotta hold on to my guns and not order that Elder P2 Pred......

NO! NO! GET ONE! Even if you don't ever get it repainted, GET IT! I hate the thought of anyone not getting it. :monkey2
This is way too cool a figure! One of the quintessential Predators. Based on the first! Played in the movie by Kevin Peter Hall himself! Too core not to score! Get one!
You'll be all warm and fuzzy when he's in your collection!

He looks fantastic Les! I wish My Predators would look as good as yours.

Used that same technique on the quills with my AVP Elder, works quite nicely and the quills are in there for good if done properly. Good idea with the toothpick, I had to use my hobby drill bit to reopen the holes I already drilled on mine after a day's break.

So, where did you get the extra quills from?

Not surprisingly that figure is a work of art! You know how to make old and crotchety look badass :bow :bow :bow

Back