a question about the color in the Aliens warrior hot toys figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapital

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, i am looking to buy a hot toys aliens warrior figure, which one is better, brown repainted or the normal version? which one is more movie acurate? thanks.

Hi, i am looking to buy a hot toys aliens warrior figure, which one is better, brown repainted or the normal version? which one is more movie acurate? thanks.

The regular one looks more like the Aliens in the movie, while the brown one matches the suits used in the movie(They used lighting that made the Aliens look blue, when in real life, the suits were brown-ish.).

I like the regular over the brown, but it's your call.

Sounds bizarre, but both for different reasons!
Michael Crawford should be running a a photo comp review I did recently soon.
If you want accurate as seen on screen then the blue, black, gray is the closest. But if you want costume prop accurate as painted up by the Stan Winston team then the brown, green, version is closer.
Couple of pics-
comp8.jpg

comp12.jpg

comp5.jpg

sizecomp.jpg

To me at least, the paint application and the colours used on the brown version looks very reminicent of the Dog-Alien in A3.

Thanks so much for the images, right know after look to those pictures i have more dudes, i like a little bit more the brown but the color of the normal version is more movie acurate, by the way i think that the figure is a little skiny comparing with the movie, look the arms:
6053_16_6.jpg

As I'm sure you know, due to restrictions at the time 'most' of the aliens were guys in suits in the movie. HT used a little artistic licence in making the xenomorph look more 'alien' if that makes sense.

Also, the "ideal" look of the alien would be the puppets used in certain scenes, which were extremely tall and thin, even more so than Bolaji Badejo of the first movie.
BTW, these HT Aliens figures are very far from accurate, so go with the one you like the most!

As I'm sure you know, due to restrictions at the time 'most' of the aliens were guys in suits in the movie. HT used a little artistic licence in making the xenomorph look more 'alien' if that makes sense.

I think that is a mistake of hot toys because they don´t have to make the figure different to look more "alien", they have to make the aliens as they appear in the movie. If they are men in suits, they have to make the aliens as men in suits.
Otherwise, is a great figure.

There was a huge debate over that a few months ago...
I even started a thread to petition for accuracy over anything else in the aliens.

Les (fellow board member, aliens freak and customizer extraordinaire) made some very nice charts comparing the different looks of the aliens over the past movies. I'll see if I can dig them up and post them here for you.

My personal view is this:

Alien: make the figure as close as possible to Giger's sculpture (he actually sculpted the suit on a cast of Bolaji Badejo's body and from that they cast the suit in latex, I think).
Aliens: with a few differences (head, hands and forearms, feet and tail), the basic sculpt should be the same as the original alien, just a little skinnier and taller. There's very good references of the puppets used.
Alien 3: use the rod puppet as template, Period.
A:R: again, ADI sculpted the creatures in small format and from there they designed the suit and the CGI characters. So, just use the original sculpture and the CGI characters as reference.
AvP: Same method... sculpture, CGI. Easy.
AvP-R: Ditto.

I don't necessarily subscribe to the "let's-make-them-men-in-suits" school of thought. After all, the fact that they were men in suits was simply a consequence of technology as a given point in time, and personal preferences. Even now a lot of the aliens action is performed by men in suits, but that doesn't mean that the director's vision is to make them look like that.
Or would you want a figure of a 5'11" guy with black leotards and a couple of pieces of alien "armour" glued on?

Just make the figures look like what the design intended them to look like. I'm not a fan of "artistic interpretation" when it comes to aliens. I'm just **** about that. :D

Here ya go, the "Aliens" reference chart:

ALIENWARRIORDRONEChart3Aliens01.jpg

I would prefer a figure based on the puppets rather than the man in a suit on the lower corner...

Both blue and brown rock man you wont disappointed with either

Yes, but brown version will stay fine with my palisades warrior mini bust.
I have to buy more hot toys aliens, only have hot toys predators. Well also i like marines, only have hicks and i want vasquez.

I don´t know if buy the 12 inches ripley because i have bought the power loader. what do you think?

Well, obviously, the loose Ripley comes with a lot more accesories, but ti depends on how you want to display her.
I won't keep both (I bought Rips when she was originally released).

Man, I so wished this figure looked like the movie version. No chewed up look and missing details and no weird details added. :monkey2 It's still a cool figure, but the sculpt kept me from buying it. That and the ankle problems.

I'm biased toward the brown because that's the one I bought. Also, I don't hear of as many issues with the brown as I do with the black.

Can someone give me a list of problems these figures have? I'm looking to buy one of the two and would like to know how they hold up before spending +$100 on them. :D Thanks for the help guys!

Back