Newt...my name is Newt. She's finally here!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JediMike71

GEAUX SAINTS!
Reaction score
Hi fellow SSF board members! I'm very excited and happy to announce the completion of my newest ALIENS custom 1/6 scale figure! Introducing Rebecca Jorden....or as she preferred to be called "Newt"!

100_6433.jpg

Newtrightquarterview.jpg

Newtrearview.jpg

Newtleftquarterview.jpg

Newtcloseup.jpg

After showing her first to "figuremasterles" Les Walker, he gave me his kind approval of her. I am very proud and happy with her! It took some work collecting the parts for her. They included the Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace 1/6 scale child Anakin Skywalker figure, some Super Sculpey to make her hair, the hardest part to find...the overalls! I had to get them from the recent "John Deere Barbie" outfit set. Then I just painted over Anakin's light brown shirt, and dirtied it up with some dark washes of gray color. I also cut holes in the knees of the overalls like Newt had in the movie, and then painted the overalls to look worn out and dirty. I had to paint the big clunky Anakin boots since they were the same light brown color as his shirt. I also painted many layers of color into her hair to make it look dirty, and matted. I didn't want her to have perfectly clean blonde hair, becuase she didn't. She became quite the "tunnel rat" hiding from the ALIENS! Here's some more pictures of Newt holding Ripley's hand in the middle of all of my marines with the new power loader behind them. I still have a few things to do for her like painting Newt's name on her figure stand and get the "Casey" doll head she carried with her.

100_6451.jpg

100_6450.jpg

100_6445.jpg

100_6446.jpg

I'd appreciate your reviews, comments, thoughts about my Newt! Sure, I would definitely buy a Newt if Hot Toys ever made her someday. But who knows IF they ever will? If they don't I will always have a Newt I'm proud of making myself. :D

Last edited:
Really nice work Mike, looks great. I love the photos of Ripley holding Newts hand, straight outta the movies!

Great job on sourcing the overals, they look perfect. If you can find more suitable feet at some point I would recommend swaping them out since those Anakin boots do look abit bulky. Also why not put a subtle amount of dirt on her face too, in the movie she still looked like dirty even after Ripley wiped her face lol Like you said though, clutching a Casey doll head would really be the finishing touch on this great custom.

Yeah, I hope to find her some better shoes someday. But the "fun" part will be having to basically cut off Newt's legs under the knees and replace that part of her legs down to her feet, and then get some decent shoes for her.

I hated, hated....HATED...the beginning of ALIEN 3 where Newt, Hicks and even Bishop were killed off! :banghead: mad: James Cameron was upset in his commentary for ALIENS at how they opened ALIEN 3 saying not in so many words how stupid it was, after he had done so much work to save those characters at the end of his movie! I nearly walked out of the theater after they were killed...honestly I wish I had. ALIEN 3 was VERY disappointing to me. ALIENS is my favorite ALIEN movie, with the original ALIEN coming in second.

I will add a little "dirt" to Newt's face sometime this weekend. Thanks for your kind words about my custom Newt guys! It really means alot to me! :D

I hated the beginning of Alien 3 as well. It's like it invalidated the entire previous movie and made Ripley's heroic rescue of Newt seem pointless. Nobody escaped -- not even Ripley, since she was impregnated (somehow...) in hypersleep.

You know what I think Mike! :D
I feel like a proud dad here. You did great.
And yeah, your dirtyin' is terrific! Not an easy task with her or any figure!
Great work!!!! :rock

Now, you and I are the only ones with a Newt! :duff
(I have a feeling not for long! :lol )

Thanks Les! It's always great to hear from you! Anytime I can get a great recommendation from you is a great day my friend! :cool: You are the best 1/6 scale figure face painter I've ever seen. I absolutely love your work! :D

Yeah, I agree that you and I won't be the ONLY ones with a Newt figure in our collections. It won't be long before other SSF board members here make ones of their own. Guys I'd love to see yours when you're done.

I hated the beginning of Alien 3 as well. It's like it invalidated the entire previous movie and made Ripley's heroic rescue of Newt seem pointless. Nobody escaped -- not even Ripley, since she was impregnated (somehow...) in hypersleep.

I totally agree with you icruise. I feel as angry as James Cameron about being upset with the beginning of ALIEN 3. I don't want to turn my own thread into an ALIEN 3 "bashing" thread. But after having such a strong emotional connection to the characters in ALIENS I truly cared about all of them. It really shook me up and hurt me emotionally when they were killed off. I have that kind of emotional connection with ALIENS. I think that is why I, and many others on this board have gone to such great lengths to put extra work and time into making the USCM marines, Ripley, Bishop, and now Newt as accurate as we can to what we saw on the screen in ALIENS. It really has become a "labor of love" putting those efforts into these figures. We truly care about the characters that much to put the extra time, money and effort into improving these already great figures from Hot Toys to get them to look the best that we can. :D

Last edited:
But it still made for a good movie, i dont see Hicks and that prison colony working at all. Newt with a bunch of rapists.... hhmm lol

ALIEN 3 was a bad idea to me. I was such a HUGE fan of the ALIEN movies after the first one and the second one. But, in my opinion ALIEN 3 should have never been made. Fox should have ended the ALIEN story after ALIENS, and then that would have helped to clear the way in a few years after ALIENS for them to work on a much better ALIEN VS Predator movie. It could have been SO much better than the one Fox did eventually make. I had read all of the first Dark Horse Comics ALIEN VS Predator comic books and loved them. Fox could have taken at least one story from those and made a MUCH better movie using one of them. But...again this is my opinion as a fan of the ALIEN and ALIENS movies and the Predator movies. :D

I hope that AVP 2: Requiem is much better than AVP was!

I totally disagree with you dude. Alien 3 was a masterpiece in its own right, the assembly cut version 2 hours plus long adds so much depth to the story. The whole idea that Ripley is seen as Temptation in the eyes of the prisoners as a test sent from god added a really good plot and character depth. The Alien being the harbinger of death if you will, in the eyes of the prisoners being sent by god as their redemption to atone for all their past sins is just an AWESOME plot and added something to the Alien universe which otherwise wouldnt have existed. I think the religion angle played out pretty well.

I have to admit I loved 3, the original is still the standout art movie that just happens to be supremely entertaining. A L I E N S was a good action romp, very North American (another Vietnam'esque feel, like 'Return of the Jedi' et al), but 3 had a much more European feel, their was a shread of optimisem in there, but it kind of spelled out to me that the bugs are a plague, a creeping cancer that we will NEVER stop, us with our arrogance, our 'supperior' fire power, our pointy sticks simply don't stand a chance.
It's survival of the fitest and these ancient creatures have us beat.
The loss of Newt and Hicks merely reinforces this.
Ripley is alone.
Her relationship with the doctor is almost instantly taken from her by the Alien again, as everything has been taken from her by it, as ultimately is her very humanity.
As humans we like to think we have eternal souls, and we will prevail, the alien has no such worries and is just as likely as us to have a soul (i.e not likely at all) it has no supernatural faith.
We are all alone and must face our demons....whoa dude, getting too deep there!

Resurection on the other hand.... hmmmm, had a few decent set pieces, but it's best taken as a slight asside. At least we got to see the bugs swimming!

Last edited:
I liked a lot of things about Alien 3, but I didn't like the way it fit in (or rather, didn't fit in) with the other movies. Read the IMDB listing for it and you'll be surprised how rocky the production was and how many alternative versions were considered (some without Ripley, some mostly centered on Hicks and Newt). I just watched the extended version of the film and I thought that the changes were not for the better -- it comes off as rather pretentious. The opening credits alone seem to go on forever.

Well, I've said my two cents about ALIEN 3 not only in this thread, but other ones too on this board. Now...back to the original purpose of my thread here...my custom Newt. Do you guys that have talked about ALIEN 3 like her? Post your thoughts here. I appreciate the feedback. I worked hard on Newt, and I'm very proud of her! Thanks! :D

Back