Fed up with FEDEX and UPS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Canadian Uruk Hai

Well today I had to pay another $40 on top of what I paid for my Sauron Helm at the door of my house before buddy would give it to me.
Its ridiculous. Sadly, I am through buying this stuff from the US. Its insane.
The last half dozen items I've recieved, I had to pay shipping all over again at my door basically to these yingyangs.

CUH- You probably don't wanna know what I paid for the Alien Queen bust at the door.

I got mine through UPS, though I think this door-front fee was similar to FedEx this time, I am not positive but I have a feeling it was cheaper than it *could* have been. Still, there goes another statue's (or two or three) worth to import fees.

This is another thing that causes burnout.

But paying at the door isn't much different than finding the things in stores, because you still have to pay ontario GST and PST and that is just about the same as import duties and fees.

Man, the more I hear these stories the more it sucks. Its absolute BS that you would have to pay that at your door and it would cut in on buying more stuff. This would get me a tad hot under the collar thats for sure.

Josh,

They have to somehow pay for their "free" national health program.

John :smokin

Ya John ... 'free' is working quite well for us. My Daughter was in for an extra week when she was born and it didn't 'cost' anything.

I had my ass operated on a few years ago too.

That was 'free' as well.

...scratches ass....
...smirks...

Anyway...the extra payout was for tax $10.....
And the other $30++ was for a 'UPS Brokerage' Fee.....apparently its for them to 'handle all the paper work at the border'
Christ they make it sound like the busts and helms are immigrants.

I wonder how long it will take for the busts to become naturalized citizens???

And yes.... there's no such thing as a "free" lunch.

John :smokin

i got a stormtrooper helmet kit of ebay for $65,which is in uk money about £35 or there abouts,when it arrived at my door i had to pay a customs charge of £28.07,i nearly told the driver where he could stick it,but wasnt his fault,flammin money grabbing customs #arstards

Hmmm, no wonder I'm the Canadian mailing point for several of my Canadian friends. UPS brokerage fee? what a ripoff that is! If SS would go along with it, I'm sure that you could find people on the US side of the border to receive the goods and then just drive over to pick them up. We do this all the time and it saves a bundle for the canadians. I've gotten good at making up receipts too for customs. :) It's a racket! That's all it is. Seriously, if you know someone and can swing it, it's worth shipping to a US address and then picking it up yourself.

So we in the US should start complaining about medical bills - we'll have you beat on the duty charges.

Crushed my finger a while back - $6,000.00 ultimately and I had no insurance.

I'm moving to Canada!

since February, my husband has run up over $100,000 in hospital charges. Thank goodness we have good insurance. It's been one hospital stay after another and we've finally reached the decision to just retire him from work and that way the paperwork we've had to deal with for disability is not going to hang over us anymore.

Try living in Australia.
Morgul Lord cost me $200 + $91 Shipping + $83 Taxes.
All in US dollars.

Hey Dave - they are crying for imports here in Nova Scotia.....Come on in.

Morgul Lord cost me $200 + $91 Shipping + $83 Taxes.

Man thats pretty bad.....they have us coming and going.

*Shudder*

That makes me very happy that I got my Morgul Lord from Bob at Fireside. $200 plus about $80 shipping through USPS. Was waiting for me at my backdoor and no customs duty to pay :)

Omg really thats to much i have ever payed taxes (thanks god) all my sellers help me with that anything that passes from 100 dollars got taxes i have ordered many of those and never payed:lol .

Back