Buckleberry Ferry in da house!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lookin4Precious

This guy is SMALL and LIGHT. But then, given what it is, I can't imagine it any other way. The small house/hut is the weightiest thing on it and even that is light. But this piece is exactly what i expected. It captures the scene perfectly. In a lot of the pictures it looked really light, and while i'm sure the house and surroundings are light during the day, the scene was in the middle of the night. However, my piece looks perfectly dark. The water is a deep dark blue, almost black, the green foilage is dark and moody also. Yet, you can tell that this otherwise dark scene is usually as cheerful and bright as any home in Hobbiton.

I will take pics tonight/tomorrow of this and Amon Sul (Weathertop) and try and get them up.

All in all, i'd say Weathertop is the better of the two only because it has much more detail (BF doesn't require as much, though what it does is there). But both are great aquisitions!!!

Thanks for the info L4P! Much appreciated.

I had orthanc, but no longer. I do love the Golden Hall most but because I also have Helms Deep, I would not mind aquiring a Weathertop someday.

I can't wait for someone to post nice high quality focussed pictures!

I'll do my best Nemo!

Orthanc will be the only environment I will still need to pick up once everything ships. Along with sam and Bill, it will be one of the first things i go for!

I saw some pics on Chucks board and it impressed me...paint jobs really are best on lower edition numbers!
It *probably* has more detail than Orthanc....the water ripples, the reeds, the little logs stacked up, the round hobbit door out the back, the hedge growing on the fence, the lamp posts...a very 'cute' enviro and a real feeling of the countryside. Very 'Lilliput Lane' or 'Danbury Mint' which is why I love it so much! So glad they decided to sell it, but I still wish they'd released the factory too :(

Got mine with Weathertop today. I do like this one quite a bit even for its small size. The water looks good.

Bucklebury_3.jpg

Bucklebury_2.jpg

Bucklebury_1.jpg

This is one that I was really excited about. Seeing the pictures, I'm really surprised that I'm more impressed with Weathertop. Of course, I'm sure it needs to be seen to be truly appreciated, but I'm a little disappointed in it.

Of course, my love of the hobbits and the shire are probably going to demand that I buy it in the end anyway...hehe

Seion

Seion.... yes, i would say it does need to be seen to be fully appreciated. However, in person, I still feel that Weathertop is the better environment.

Got it today, I like it but is it small. :google
Trying to find a place were it doesnt look out of place is kind of hard. If it would of been a bit bigger, o well at least it was released I guess.

I am gettin mine tomorrow. I love the pics, the water ripples look very well done. this is the only environment we are getting from the Shire, it looks wonderful!

:bliss

So are these enviroments in scale with each other? Could be that's why they're so small?

No, they are not in scale with each other Dave.... unfortunately.

At first i thought that GH and BF were in scale of each other... but then when you look at them, it is apparant that BF is far too large to be in scale.... i really can't think of any two enfironments that are the same scale... some are close... but not sure

What kind of lighting did you use? Because that really brings out the color.
I use 2 Alien Bees studio flash units, one shooting through a white softbox and one bounced off an umbrella, with a utility slave flash and assorted white and silver bounce cards for additional fill lighting.

I do a bit of product photography for my wife's business, so I get lots of nice tools as payment. :D

I don't think of the film when I see this piece, I think of the part of the book when farmer Maggot drives the hobbits to the ferry and they think they encounter a ringwraith but it turns out to be Merry. A very chilling part of the story, and like Maggot I wanted to get home and into the warm! Then of course Sam sees a ringwraith at the ferry when the hobbits are on the other side. Love it!

At first i thought that GH and BF were in scale of each other... but then when you look at them, it is apparant that BF is far too large to be in scale.... i really can't think of any two enfironments that are the same scale... some are close... but not sure

Possibly Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul are in scale to each other. the polystone footprint of these too are the same. But in the film, MT looks much bigger than Minas Morgul.

I wonder if Helm's Deep is to scale with Golden Hall? It may be pretty close as it is clear the Hornburg is not very large and the Golden Hall is huge in the film.

I think the last 3 environments may be very close in scale.

No, they're not in scale. Golden Hall and Helms Deep? No way! Helms Deep was much larger then the Golden Hall, and the Bucklebrry Ferry? That would have a been a pimple on the butt of Helms Deep.
Weathertop was a decent size too...it was an old Watch Tower, wasn't it? Amon Sul or something?....it had to be high up!

It would be unrealistic to have these all in scale together, it doesnt bother me at all that they are not either.
I like to see the detail so even though I really like B.Ferry I would of loved it even more if it would of been a tad bigger.

Back