Orc Warrior

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Seion

Hi all,

For those of you who have this piece, what do you think of it? How does it compare to say the other orc statues, say Moria orcs or Uruk-hai?

Secondly, how would he compare to a statue like Elessar, who has a similar price?

Thanks,

Seion

I don't have this one, but I will chime in as someone who as at least seen it in person. To me (and this may illicit some nah uh, yeah huh) it looks like a monkey. I wasn't real impressed, it is rather small, but for its favor it can complement a number of pieces. To compare it to Elessar, well that is really not a good thing to do, one is very regal and quite motionless, while the other is all about movement and being rather "ugly" (in a good way). I personally would rather have Elessar, much more impacting and vital to the storyline.

Monkey

And some busts (not the big ones but average ones) are bigger than the Orc Warrior Statue! It looks cool, but I don't want it that badly.

Re: Monkey

He does pose very well with most figures . Good detail , a bit short(of course he is supposed to be) , not as good as the other Moria Orcs , but in my opinion better than the Orc Overseer and Orc Pitmaster . If you love the Orcs this is definitely a great piece to get . I would personally recommend Elessar over him however .

Compared to the MOS and MOA, he is definitely lesser, BUT he
still is a great little fellow, and makes an excellent companion
piece to the Gimli Statue. I have the Orc Warrior and like it a lot.

Well he's the only Mordor orc warrior we've got, I was hoping Weta would release maybe an orc from the siege of Gondor. He's not a Moria orc, he's an orc from the prologue. We've got the Pitmaster et al but this is the only fighting generic orc. The Moria orcs I see as a different breed as they live in caves all their lives and so have smaller noses and larger eyes.
The warrior is a good orc statue (Of course, he was made by Weta after all!) but I agree that the Moria Orcs are better.
He goes VERY well with Gandalf on Shadowfax ;)

He's pretty cool. Yeah, he has an odd face thats for sure but the pose is pretty cool and the overall look is very nice. I love how he has one eye one color and one another. Yes, he is small but for me personally the overall coolness of the piece makes up for that. I would get him if I didn't have him already.

Re: re

Josh there's no point you posting in any thread where people ask what we think of a certain piece because we all know what you're going to say! :p Joking...... :lol

orc warrior

This was my first statue, and I still love it - no painting issues with this piece.

The only thing is that I would love to see a pic of this particular warrior from the movies - but alas no luck yet :dunno

Scriff

That is true Frodo Eyes, Josh is an easy read . Atleast with him we never have to be shocked at anything he says . It is nice to have someone on here that oozes with positive energy ...... otherwise Diesel and a couple of the others would get bored and wonder off to find another victim . :p :wave

Works for me! Excuse to use the new smiley!

:bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss

Dang I love that thing!

A great example of "old school" SSW work. I love it.

Highly underrated IMHO, but that is probably due to his strange eyeballs...

BTW Jim, great sig! :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Back