Alternate Buffy PF Repainted!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkArtist81

Super Freak
Reaction score
Buffy is done! Hair looks a bit more yellow in these shots but in person it has much more depth. About 3 or 4 layers of various browns and blonde to get the look I was aiming for.

DSCN3709.jpg

DSCN3708.jpg

DSCN3710.jpg

DSCN3711.jpg

DSCN3712.jpg

Thanks a lot guys! It was very hard to get a determined expression out of her. The eyelashes kind of hurt it in that regard as do the sculpted eyebrows. I must have repainted the eyes at least 3 times and this version looked the most human. :monkey2

Damn eyelashes. :rotfl

That is more like it - I mean, that really looks like Sarah Michelle Gellar - those factory paint jobs really hold back excellent sculpts!

Now, to give Buffy a boob reduction!

Don't get mad, but I wished your picture taking standards were on par with your painting skills. hehe

But I like what I am seeing. I just wished the pictures were more cleaner. :p

btw DA, do you still have your custom GR?

Don't get mad, but I wished your picture taking standards were on par with your painting skills. hehe

But I like what I am seeing. I just wished the pictures were more cleaner. :p

btw DA, do you still have your custom GR?

Thanks man... Yeah, I wish I had a better camera that is for sure. The wife and I are trying to fix that issue very soon if we can. As for the GR, he is sold and damn near out the door as we speak.

Bravo! Very ambitious repaint, DA, and a huge improvement over the factory apps!

The thiner, lighter-color eyebrows and softer lips really enhance the likeness, and I also like the few errant strands of hair you added to her forehead (if I'm seeing that correctly) to soften the hairline. Did you consider removing the eyelashes? I think they are the main culprits contributing to the "sleepy" look, as they tend to make her eyelids appear hooded.

I think your photos show off your work well, but they do appear to be over-sharpened; I'm seeing a lot of artifacts in the highlights on the tips of her eyelashes, the ridge line of her eyebrows and in the fabric of her top, along with a slight halo around the figure itself.

Got a 12" Willow anywhere in the paint queue?

Love the accessories on your Alt B!

Stunning work, Josh... simply stunning. I just got my Vamp Angel PF and after seeing your work on the Buffy PF, I'm actually considering buying her as well. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Wow! This thread really blew up. :lol

Thank you all for the comments, pros and cons. I really am happy with it, but I think I might do like Frankenfan was saying... Remove the lashes and see if it helps. If it does, you will see more pics from me and perhaps it will help the likeness. And I will keep the sharpening in mind with my photos from now on, I do think that it is hurting the shots as well.

I had a lot of fun with the hairline, trying to get the strands of hair falling down and worked hard on the lips as well to get that certain shape that SMG's lips have. The eyebrows were also a big focus, as she really never had bushy eyebrows. They got lighter as the seasons went on, but they always stayed very thin. Seeing that necklace in one of the shots earlier has me wanting to put that on her as well, really like how that looks.

And RoboDad, I actually have done a few PF's and busts for people now. I can say that I actually prefer it to 1:6th in a way. It's easier to get sharp detail and it's more rewarding in the end. So yeah, if you or anyone has any that they want to send me... PM me and I will gladly do it. :rock

To DarkArtist81, the repaint that you did was very well done, looks very professional.

I repaint the eyebrows of alternative buffy and the eye line of normal version

CIMG4700a.jpg

CIMG4707a.jpg

CIMG4709a.jpg

CIMG4710a.jpg

Nice alterations on that one man!!

Here is my retouched Buffy, removed eyelashes, touched up the face, repainted eyes and redone hair highlights. Better pics tomorrow. :rock

DSCN3723.jpg

DSCN3721.jpg

DSCN3722.jpg

Back