AvP:R Predalien hybrid full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
This is shapping up well, still not 100% sold on the dreads, but it's design grows on me more each time I see it!-

Hot Toys - MMS55 - AVP-R - 1/6th scale PredAlien collectible model kit

l Realistic based 1/6th scale (approx.18 inches tall) PredAlien from the movie Aliens vs Predator: Requiem
l Perfect scale to Alien Warrior and Predator
l It features with bendable hands, thenar and tail, an extending set of inner jaws
l Simple assembly required
l 20 points of articulation

Release date: Q2, 2008

1AVPR_PredAlien.jpg

2AVPR_PredAlien.jpg

3AVPR_PredAlien.jpg

4AVPR_PredAlien.jpg

5AVPR_PredAlien.jpg

6AVPR_PredAlien.jpg

7AVPR_PredAlien.jpg

8AVPR_PredAlien.jpg

9AVPR_PredAlien.jpg

10AVPR_PredAlien.jpg

Looks great, I just hope in the end that the paint apps on the body are done so it doesn't peel away like on the rubber for the ALIENS warrior.

ah... that happens to the alien warrior? if thats the case ill just stick to the wolf

The ALIENS warrior, the AVP one has subtle coloring to it so I think it was actually mixed into the rubber, but the ALIENS version has a shiny, more elaborate coloring to it and in places on mine and other people have reported, it rubs off leaving a dull black. It all depends on how Hot Toys gives the Predalien it's tones in the rubber suit areas.

Initialy I quite liked the PredAlien but the more I look at it, the more unsure I am wether I like it ot not. My only real issue is with the mandibles;they appear tacked on and don't flow organicaly with the shape of the head at all. Apart for that though it does look quite nice.

I like it, and will get it, but am not NUTS about it.
I do like the torso area. Better designed than the aliens from these movies.
All in all, a solid GOOD! Not Great, but GOOD! I will get it.

Look at it this way, this is a signature piece from this movie. Like it or no.

Those dreads are my only real issue, it's a shame they didn't get Giger involved, I would have loved to have seen what he would come up with. But as Les says he is gonna be the big bad of the movie, so as long as the movie doesn't stink we are all gonna want it.
On another note, is anyone getting a little of MGS4 Raiden coming through when you look at it, I think it's the colour scheme and visor like domed head. They are obviously miles appart in most ways but there's just something 'of' Raiden in there or you might say there's something of the hybrid in Raiden, comme ci, comme ca.

The Predalien is a pretty unique-looking monster and I think it's interesting enough to add to the collection. I'll refrain for commenting further until I've had a chance to see what it looks like in the movie, but so far, I think Les's appraisal pretty much sums it up for me, too. Wolfie is easily the best of the three as far as the figures go, and that's the one I'm really looking forward to adding the collection.

on some of the photos, the predalien has a partly closed mouth, but some have the inner mouth coming out - are there two heads? or does the jaw drop to allow that piece to extrude?

on some of the photos, the predalien has a partly closed mouth, but some have the inner mouth coming out - are there two heads? or does the jaw drop to allow that piece to extrude?

Its extendable like the other HT aliens-

Jaws.jpg

Three observations:

1. The outer pred-mandibles seem to be articulated, how cool is that?
2. Does anybody else have the feeling that the chest area looks almost like a big face-hugger wrapped around the chest? Look at the detail on the "ribs", they look like the fingers of the hugger. Weird, huh?
3. With those feet, the predalien will never be able to stand by itself... and all the pics showing the feet are photoshopped.

And last but not least, as a toy, this is most bad-ass! :D

Although i'm not totally impressed with the design, Hot Toys has done a fantastic job with this one.

I will wait to see the movie first to determine if it's worthy of a purchase. I just couldn't bring myself to picking up the original AvP figs after seeing the movie...

Indeed you are right. Its probably bare, Adding back spikes would make it overboard Alien
Sorry, but it DOES have back spikes because it IS an Alien. :cool:
They are just a little stumpy...that's all.

Could have been a better design, but it will have to do.
Another must buy for me.

Back