AvP:R Alien Warrior/Drone full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Found a nice big wodge of AvP:R pics waiting in my inbox this morning. Hope the movie lives up to expectation, because these figs look freakin sweet!

Hot Toys - MMS54 - AVP-R - 1/6th scale Alien collectible model kit with face hugger

Realistic based 1/6th scale (approx.16 inches tall) Alien with face hugger from the movie Aliens vs Predator: Requiem
l Perfect scale to PredAlien and Wolf Predator
l Special features including bendable hands, thenar and tail, an extending set of inner jaws
l Unique 1/6th scale face hugger accessories
l Simple assembly required
l 18 points of articulation

{Release Date: Q1, 2008}

1AVPR_AlienWarrior.jpg

2AVPR_AlienWarrior.jpg

3AVPR_AlienWarrior.jpg

4AVPR_AlienWarrior.jpg

5AVPR_AlienWarrior.jpg

6AVPR_AlienWarrior.jpg

7AVPR_AlienWarrior.jpg

8AVPR_AlienWarrior.jpg

9AVPR_AlienWarrior.jpg

10AVPR_AlienWarrior.jpg

All i see is a cross between the AVP Warrior and Aliens Warrior..

Colour scheme has changed to black and it has a different jaw slightly.

Not very impressed man

This is the only unsure for me. Same alien as AVP pretty much, but with a new head and neck. Some minor retooling here and there, better paint job.
That's about it. This over the Predalien? Nope. But cool. If I truly want EVERY version of an ALIEN, I will have to get one. If I don't, I'll just get Wolf and PA.
Not a bad toy though. I like the mouth and something about the angles on all of it. Seems all angle-y. Corners. Like that part.

Yup, feet are the Aliens warrior's, no fifth spike on the back, different head and neck, new paint-apps.
I like it, looks very cool and I'm sure that I'll get it if the funds are there. I don't care so much about huggers, but it's a nice added bonus.
Should be easily the cheaper of the three as well. It's not a completely retooled body like Wolf and not a completely different design like the Predalien...

I passed on the first AvP Alien warrior/drone/whatever, but broke down and got the Grid alien just 'cause it was the hero alien warrior and sort of unique. It also came with a very nice facehugger, which I probably like even better than Grid. This new facehugger doesn't do it for me for some reason. Something about the tail bothers me. The previous huggers all had smooth, sleek, snake-like tails, whereas this one's tail is jointed and looks more like a scorpion's tail. Just a matter of taste, I guess. I'll take the Alien and Aliens facehuggers over this one any day.

Hands, Legs, Feet, Arms, body & Tail have all been recycled which is a disapointment, even the back spikes have also

Yeah, but I do believe HT deserve a break here... Although the redesign of the AvP-R warrior seems to have been more extensive than what HT have done, it really isn't that much. From what I have been able to tell looking at NECA's figures (which were designed under supervision of ADI) they (ADI) only slapped a bit more "armour" on the legs and arms, other than the new head.

Ya, for the most part, none of the images I've seen have featured any blatant creature design changes that aren't covered by this figure. Anything else is so minute most people won't notice, and without bringing up old issues, their ALIENS warrior was far more innaccurate, so this one is fine.

@ Maulfan: Yeah, I agree.

@ ABAKE: If you don't want the hugger....send 'em my way for a small compensation. :D

@ Les: I NEEEEED all verions of the ALIEN, so I must have this one. :monkey5

If I'd known this was coming a while back, I'd have not even bothered getting the AVP one, as this is the better of the 2. That said, i'm not selling or parting with the AVP figure, once you own these Aliens, you do not want to let them go, they're just so magnificent. I just wish the jaws were done for the film like the ALIENS warrior, it adds so much visciousness to the look. When I take photos of my ALIENS figure with the mouth gaping open and those huge fangs protruding, he looks like one bad mother****er, the AVP aliens have wimpy teeth.

I think the this one has unique hands as well... different from the Aliens or AVP release.

For me this will most likely be a pass, I would like to have an Alien from each film, but this one just doesn't seem unique enough for me.... but the Predalien will definitely fit the bill :rock

Awesome!!! Will order it for sure. I love my AVP Alien, and this one looks great too. Just enough of a variation to justify the purchase for me:rock

More aliens the better:rock

On the fence about this one. I like the way it looks but not sure if I want to actually get it....its definitely third on the list

It looks great but with the Predalien and Wolf arriving at the same time, I'm most likely to place this one on the back burner for sometime. I still haven't bought a Aliens Warrior or Grid so this one will have to wait.

Love this pose though!
15AVPR_AlienWarrior.jpg

Does anybody know if the actual joints of the AvP alien are the same as the ones on the Aliens warrior?
It would seem that the only thing preventing a better range of motion in the AvP alien is the sculpt of the arms and knees, rather than some restriction of the joint itself...

Does anybody know if the actual joints of the AvP alien are the same as the ones on the Aliens warrior?
It would seem that the only thing preventing a better range of motion in the AvP alien is the sculpt of the arms and knees, rather than some restriction of the joint itself...

Functionally, they seem to be identical, the ALIENS version just seemed to feature improved design to allow more use out of the joints. One thing about the AVP's is that appendage in the back leg connecting the thigh to the calf, it prevents a good deal of articulation, I can't tell if the new figures has it or not, hopefully not. The arms on AVP seemed to just have too much solid plastic at the elbow joints and the ALIENS has more rubber. Given the wild pose shown in the picture above a few posts, I'd say they made efforts to bring the wider range of articulation from ALIENS to AVP:R. Hopefully the Predalien has the same design, should.

Back