Austin SS gathering - NEW PICTURES!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lcummins

Hey guys, the Austin group had our "mostly monthly" meeting on Saturday with the largest turnout yet. We had all the regulars, a new addition, and a guest! The only person not to show up was Danny! Bad Danny! :poke

We had a great time talking about SDCC, LOTR, and other stuff. After lunch, we went over to John's house to see his amazing collection, which we never tire off! I took some pictures and thought you peeps might be interested. And yes, Adam is holding the handicapped parking sign that wasn't attached to the ground very well! :lol

Here is the gang in front of the resturant:

AustinSS05a.jpg

A couple of pictures during lunch:

AustinSS02.jpg

AustinSS03.jpg

Is that shield big or what?

AustinSS12.jpg

Here is a slightly clearer picture of everyone:

AustinSS05.jpg

Re: Austin SS gathering with pictures!

cool to see faces with the names...

So, that's what the lady looks like that now owns my Balrog...

Hope it's doing well, Debbie... ;)

Well, i guess that squashes all the thoughts that Michelle was a fake...

:clap

One word: Sweet.

That shield is a lot larger than I thought.

Group pix are so fun. :) I would like to hang out down there someday.

Perhaps one of you Austiners can shed a little light on the whole Dark Syren persona...

And why don't we Los Angeles Freaks get together?

Nemo, we would love to have you or anyone else from the board join us! If anyone is going to be in the Austin area, let one of us know and we can try to arrange a meeting during the same time.

L4P, Michelle was great and actually a very nice person. I don't think her real personality matches her "online" one at all.

If anyone wants to see all of the pictures, here are the links. Warning! They are very large, about 2 to 3 MB per image.

Image1
Image2
Image3
Image4
Image5
Image6
Image7
Image8
Image9
Image10
Image11
Image12
Image13

ok, did someone pull out their wang while this pic was taken...?

DSC_1212068.jpg

look at Michelle's face... :rollin :

It is fab to see the pics of the Texan Freaks. Quite a clan, and good to see that you get together regularly. I wasn't going to wait while that huge pic downloaded Diesel, but while I was typing this I was thinking, Yeah, next to those three trolls anyone would look good. Then Michelle's face appeared. I see what you mean. Maybe that is why they were having to shield themselves. :lol

Did Michelle move, I thought she lived in Reno? :dunno

She flew down to come to our meeting. She was originally going to go to the LOTR exhibit in Houston, but changed her mind. IMO, she was truly delightful to spend time with! I enjoyed having the opportunity to meet her in person. I hope she's able to visit us again, it was great having her in our meeting! However her "online" persona may appear to some, she's a friendly, open, upbeat and energetic person who is a lot of fun to be around!

Looks like you all had a great time and very cool to put names and faces together on the few in these pics that we hadnt seen before.

Nice pics! It is cool you can all meet together, I'm sure the conversation was mainly about polystone. It is a shame I live in a small city, not many collector freaks where I live.

migwit, i hope you can email darksyren as I am sure she would like to hear your kind words. She also visits my board, so you can post there. There is a great shot with her holding Eowyn's Sword in the Unitec Cutlery section. BTW, that Elven Shield looks awesome. It looks almost 5 feet tall.

Here are a few more pictures from Michelle. I will use the captions she used in her emails. :peace

I got polystone!!!!

M1.bmp

How did those elves carry these things!!!!

M2.bmp

Where do you boys think you're going with those boxes????????????

M3a.bmp

That shield is really amazing elfs were really tall, most of the photos now cant be seen.

That display cabinet (if that is what you would call it) is incredible, I love the columns.

Yeah, where are those guys going with that Polystone!

Wow Elros has an amazing collection! :clap I love the columned display, but no protection in the front!?!?! :google

Back